2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport

Based on 31 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

good vehicle for the price

By on Sunday, March 01, 2015

Pros: "price, warranty"

Cons: "about 5- 20 horsepower less than the competition"

"I reviewed and drove the cx5, escape, and this vehicle. I reviewed all of the interior dimensions before choosing the outlander sport. The Crv, Rav4, and Sportage were out of my price range. I wanted a normally aspirated engine without a turbocharger for reliability. I wanted a new 4-wheel drive for under $20,000. I managed to get my 2015 outlander sport ES AWD automatic with fog lights for $19,500. I'M 6-3, 220# and the vehicle has plenty of head and leg room. My brother rode in the back and had enough room and he's 6-1, 230#. Cargo Space is lacking, but it will fit 10 bags of groceries behind the rear seat. Sure this vehicle is a little short on power (5-20 horsepower less than the competition), but I drive the speed limit so it doesn't really matter. Ride comfort is half decent. It rides better than my 2002 gallant that's for sure. No one can expect a $20,000 SUV to perform like a luxury Mercedes SUV anyway. I'm not to keen about the CVT transmission, but with the 100,000 mile drivetrain warranty, who cares. I feel that the outlander sport is the cheapest AWD SUV you'll find and the warranty can't be beat. If you want a slightly better ride, pay $6,000 more for a Honda CRV. Otherwise, pay around $4,000 more for an Escape, CX5, RAV4, or Sportage"

Great value , great suv

By on Saturday, February 28, 2015

"The experts talk badly about this car due to what they say is poor acceleration and sluggish CVT. They are wrong , the car is more than capable. It is not a race car. It is a great value with great reliability, good mpg, and plenty of features at a fair price."

Long Time Mits Owner

By on Friday, January 30, 2015

Pros: "Cost, Decent MPG, design, looks"

Cons: "Lack options, starting issues in cold, Clunky CVT"

"This is my 7th Mitsubishi since 1995. I have owned Mirage, Eclipse, Eclipse RS, Lancer, Lancer OZ, Galant, and now the Outlander Sport. I purchased this car in August 2014 and had no major issues. It does seem to have a delayed starting issue in the cold, a couple times I thought it would not turn over. This only happens after sitting overnight when temps drop below 30 Degrees. The dealer has no reason for it. Would I buy again? Not sure, maybe go for the SE model. The starting issues is more annoying than anything, I am expecting any day this winter to not be able to start it. Hopefully not"

2014 with a 5 speed

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2015

"bought 2014 outlander sport 5 speed on dec 2014 brand new.. currently has 8800 miles- no service issues. Feels safe since its not low to the ground or tiny . average 28-31mpg depending on my driving. wish it had more power but its pretty average for the crossover segment."

Kinda happy, but questions remain about the car

By on Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pros: "Nice looking car, pretty ok gas mileage."

Cons: "Poor radio/Bluetooth, Poor performance, poor ride"

"Its a good value but don't expect much. I purchased this car 6 months ago. I knew going into this the performance was going to be lacking. Was I surprised that its even worse than I thought. I don't think it would get out of its own way. The radio/bluetooth is almost impossible to use. My phone calls drop constantly and the dealer and mitsubishi wont acknowledge this issue. Gas mileage is not as good as what the paperwork says, its not so bad but just is kinda ok. Overall I would be suspect to recommend this car to other people."

My 50th Auto

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pros: "got this at a below market price."

Cons: "wish it had a 6CD changer like the 2013 had."

"Purchased new in Dec 2013, Have 12000 miles on it now. Around town I average 26MPG and on the Highway I get between 29 and 34MPG, depending on the driving conditions. I have a bad right leg and looked at many SUV'S, for getting in and out of. This fit the bill, very comfortable and has enough bells and whistles to keep me happy."

2013 Outlander Sport SE

By on Monday, December 29, 2014

"I didnt opt for the info-tainment package. But, I was able to purchase for 18.5k. It was a few thousand less than a RAV4, and Mazda CX5. And unlike them I got bluetooth integration for my phone, alloy wheels, wheel mounted cruise and radio controls. The RAV4 had an antique 4 speed auto, and not much else. The CX5 had a 5speed auto but I thought the Outlander Sport drove better and felt more solid. I have been very happy with the Mitsubishi but I will say the CVT transmission took some getting used to. The highs: - I get 29.5mpg on the highway if i take it easy - The alloy wheels look much better than the hubcaps that came standard on mazda and the metal wheels of the RAV4. - I don't drive much but i have put 7k miles on it. I purchased in 2012 and I put gas in it, change the oil and thats it. It has been rock solid. - Cabin Air filter, and Air filter easy to change - This car is quieter than my friends Matrix, my old Suzuki SX4, and my brothers Equinox. I've read that consumer reports no longer recommends this car because owner satisfaction is too low. But mechanically they rate it much better than average... go figure. The Lows: - A month after i purchased my local dealer (5 miles away) shut his Mitsubishi dealership. Now i have to travel 25 miles to the closest Mitsubishi dealer if I need warranty work. (had 3 recalls so far over minor stuff) Its an absolute drag to have to dedicate the entire day to drive there, wait, and drive home. - Merging on the highway is loud, and i have to watch the tach to make sure I dont redline (but honestly the redline is 6500rpm so its pretty high) What Mitsubishi should change: - Make the roofline taller so I can get bigger boxes in :-) - And reopen some dealerships... having to travel so far is a real pain."

I love the outlander sport

By on Sunday, December 28, 2014

"Very underrated suv. It is not a race car but moves just fine. I get 28 miles per gallon and a lot more features for less money than Toyota, Honda, etc. Typically Mitsubishi has lower resale values but I drove them for years with great reliability."

First Impressions

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

Pros: "Handling, comfort, driving experience"

Cons: "Have not encountered any yet."

"I recently purchased 2015 Sport edition and have only had it a few weeks, but I really couldn't be more pleased. The amount of room is more than adequate, especially with the fold down seats. Instrumentation exceeds my expectations and the ride is much more quiet than what I hoped for. The vehicle handles well for Pennsylvania winter weather and the comfort level is great. I am not a small person, and I enter and exit the vehicle easily with not issues. Also, I am extremely pleased with the warranty. I have owned a variety of vehicles and lived in Montana and Pennsylvania, this Outlander Sport has all of my confidence to handles winter driving conditions. If I would run into a situation where I am stuck in this vehicle, I shouldn't be trying to travel."

Noisy cab

By on Thursday, November 20, 2014

Pros: "Economical"

Cons: "needs more bells and whistles"

"Wish it had more bells and whistles as standard equipment."

Don't Listen To The "Experts" - Great Little SUV

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

Pros: "Great size, prrice, ride and features"

Cons: "Mitsubishi cheaped out on the carpet"

"We have a 2015 SE 4WD with the Deluxe (leather & pwr seat), and LED packages. Could not be happier with the car. This vehicle isn't going to win many drag races but who buys one for that reason. It has more than enough power for every day driving and it gets good mileage to boot. Right from the first tankful it has been averaging over the EPA combined of 27 MPG on regular gas. It has a great ride for such a small SUV and is relatively quiet. Plenty of people room, even in the back seat. This vehicle has the best headlights (adjustable HID's) of any car I have owned, and I've had a bunch. The hands free bluetooth interface is much much better than the SYNC in my $45000 F-150. Great IIHS crash test ratings, and 10 year 100000 mile warrantee. If your in the market for a small SUV, do yourself a favor and check the OUtlander Sport out."

Good Looks - Great Price!

By on Friday, September 12, 2014

"I have a 2013 Outlander Sport SE with the Premium Package (Push To Start, Panoramic w/Lights, Heated Seats, Rockford Fosgate Sound System, Back-Up Cam) I have the custom Thule-Mitsubishi Roof Rack installed as well - it's rugged and suggest to everyone who has roof rails! I absolutely love this car, but there are some definite cons. The first test drive I took I thought the car was going to explode. Not used to noisy CVT 4-Cyl engines - that's for sure. My last car was a V6, so it took some time to get used to the 4-cylinder. I am not sold on the inside material of the car, the arm rest gets marked up very easily. However, I love the look of the car, the Rockford Fosgate sound system is very good and I love my panoramic roof. The handling is great - takes turns tight. All around great crossover - highly recommend!"

36mpg at 60mph - cruise control, somewhat noisy,

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "36 mpg freeway at 60mph, great design"

Cons: "somewhat noisy, needs rear seat ceiling light"

"Sleeper SUV! Great style, 36mpg at 60mph cruise control, fair amount of road noise, has enough pep when needed. needs rear seat ceiling light"

Great vehicle!

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage & options. Reliable."

Cons: "Cheap carpet and trim~hard to clean"

"This vehicle is great on gas and a pleasure to drive. Only problem thus far (in a little over 2 years of ownership) was that the battery was weak from sitting on the lot for an extended period of time. My dealer tested and gave it a full charge and I have had no problems since. The navigation system with MP3 and 7 speakers is what really sold me. My one drawback about this vehicle is that I think they could have given it a better quality carpet and trim on the interior-very cheap and ruins the overall feel."

love the heated seats

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "good price point & known Mitsubishi reliability"

Cons: "nearest dealer is 4 hours from where I live so"

"a nice change from what i was driving. i like the fact that this automobile isn't seen everywhere. i like to own something different that not everyone has. It gets alot of "second glances""

Great vehicle!

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage, great stereo, comfortable, sexy"

Cons: "Not very powerful"

"I bought this vehicle in early December and absolutely love it! I got everything installed that I could - including auto starter and heated seats - which have been GREAT this winter (in Pittsburgh, PA). Drives great in bad snow, good gas mileage, comfortable and looks really nice. It is not a powerful car in reference to horsepower, but it drives smooth and handles well in city traffic. And for just a little more - I got the 100,000 bumper to bumper warranty!!!"

Plenty of options. Not sold on the CVT trans.

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage. Options it offers."

Cons: "CVT trans. Not enough power. Use paddle shifters."

"Comfortable. Fostgate sound system is the best I ve had in a vehicle. Panoramic glass roof is an addition. Not much storage. The options are endless. I ve owned it for 8 months and still finding something new about it. Great turning radius. XID headlights that are adjustable with the payload are a huge plus. Can't say enough about the sound system that compliments the Bluetooth and Sirius radio. 2.0 engine lacks power on expressway. CVT trans doesn't help it either. Cannot get used to the trans not shifting. For the price, and options, its a steal."

uncomfortable rough ride

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "handles road well"

Cons: "blind spots uncomfortable rough ride poor quality"

"rough riding car uncomfortable seats. Radio and Bluetooth poor quality. Very noisy can hear road as you drive. Many blind spots"

I love my SUV!

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Great price, heated fabric seats, drives great!"

"I searched for an SUV that I liked for a long time. Finally settled with the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport and love it!"

Best Bang for the Buck for a compact SUV <16k otd

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

Pros: "Small, Fun, Sporty with 5 speed, VERY well equiped"

Cons: "dents easily, can get noisy"

"Overall Im very happy, GREAT price(6k less than other SUVs) lots of option even on the base unit but its not stripped out. I have alloy wheels (19"), leather steering wheel, tinted windows, USB port, and blue tooth - not bad for a base model with NO options! I wanted a 5 speed manual(lots of fun - and yes its even sporty) gets great mileage my average so far is 30.1 MPG mostly city commute, I have even hit 40+ MPG a few times hypermiling! Normally I get 500 miles to a tank of gas! Its small on the outside but big on the inside I have room for 5 adults and plently room in back for cargo. It is however a bit CHEAP, thin metal skin (put a dent in the roof at a car wash from the air dryer) a bit loud, bit bouncy, BUT for the price I would definitely buy again. Peace of mind with 10 yr warranty and tip safety pick by iihs to top it off."

Looks good... but you get what you pay for...

By on Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Pros: "Price, Options, Looks"

Cons: "Quality, Refinement, Noisy Ride/Engine"

"I have owned my Outlander Sport for about a year and a half now. I was initially drawn by the price, mpg, and looks. I am pretty much the target audience of this car... 26 yr old male looking for something bigger than my Cavalier that still got decent gas mileage and looks cool. Mine is fully loaded red SE model except for all wheel drive. Starting out, I ended up bringing it back to the dealer because the rear end sounded clunky about a week after purchasing... spent multiple trips and calls to Mitsubishi trying to fix it. They finally kind-of fixed it but it still makes slight noises in the rear on bumpy roads that can get irritating. The ride is pretty rough and noisy, and everything about the car is pretty cheap, you can just tell. Example, the in-dash navigation is straight from 2000 and looks like any aftermarket DVD/navigation unit you can buy at Best Buy. I would not recommend this for long trips all the time, the CVT transmission struggles at interstate speeds and its hard to get over 23-24mpg going 75mph. The panoramic sunroof is nice, and the Rockford Fosgate stereo is awesome. Overall, spend the extra money to get something like an Equinox or Escape and you won't regret it. The options, price, and looks were what drew me in. But the ride and quality are missing. I am really hoping this thing will get me to 100,000 miles, but I am kind of doubtful."

best vehicle ever

By on Monday, November 25, 2013

Pros: "Great value, fun to drive, gas economy, extras!"

"I don't know how anybody could not love this car! Phenominal gas mileage, runs well in the snow, sharp looking design, and lots of added extras. The heated seats alone are a savior!"

Don't listen to the "pros" - this is a great buy!

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "great price, ride, bluetooth system, easy access"

Cons: "responsiveness of CVT drivetrain, no compass"

"My wife and I were looking for a vehicle that would be easier on my back; in our exhaustive search we looked at a Honda Accord, Honda CR-V, Nissan Rogue, Nissan Altima, Chevy Equinox, Ford Escape, Hyundai Tuscon, Mazda 5, Mazda CX-5, Toyota RAV-4, and finally, the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport. To be honest, I almost didn't go to the dealership because the "official" reviews for the Mitsubishi were so poor. But, it seemed like it might be a good value, and the online reviews by people who actually owned the vehicle seemed pretty positive. It turned out to be the right vehicle for us, and for thousands less than the competition. We got the standard ES with no extra options, but the vehicle comes packed with standard features we find very useful, especially the bluetooth hands-free phone system. The vehicle is quiet and rides very nice (the ride of the RAV-4 was AWFUL), and best of all is super easy to get in and out of. Yes, it is not a sports car - the drivetrain is not terribly responsive, especially compared to cars like the Mazda CX-5 - but my wife and I are parents of a 20-month old girl, and neither one of us plan on driving the car at the local race track. It gets us from point A to B comfortably (my mom has a new CR-V, and even she admits the comfort of the seats is poor) and economically - on the highway we've gotten up to 33 mpg, and average about 27 mpg in mixed city/highway driving. If you can live with the quirks of the CVT drivetrain, you will have yourself a sharp-looking, comfortable and efficient car."

Best bang for your buck!

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Pros: "Rides smooth, handles great, agressive look"

Cons: "needs longer sun visor"

"Don't get caught up on the hype with Honda and Toyota. Don't get me wrong, they make great cars. But if you want to get more, but spend less and still get a reliable and quality vehicle then highly consider the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport. I've owned Honda, Toyota, Nissan, and Suzuki and loved every one of them. But when I purchased the Mitsubishi after careful research and review, the Outlander Sport by far was the best overall! It rides smoothly and handles great. It fits my family well and all the stuff that comes along with kids! Gas mileage is better than average. It has a much better look than the rest. But the best feature of all that makes it the best of the bunch is that it earned the IIHS Top Safety Plus Award. Enough said. Get yours!"

SO SO CAR, CHEAP PRICE, CHEAPER FEEL

By on Saturday, September 07, 2013

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage, crampy and noisy interior, cheap"

"I orginally bought this car based on advertised 31mpg and 4wd capability. I must say after over 30kmi's, the gas mileage of 20-23mpg overall is the norm. I do a mix of driving mostly highway though. The cheap Goodyear garbage tires are at about 40% per the dealer and need replacing soon, the car is loud at anything above half throttle, the interior is dark, drab and my glovebox continually creaks and the dealer has not been able to correct, even after applying electrical tape to all the joints.(Yeah I called Mitsubishi Corporate on that service call, dealer admitted not approved remedy to fix, and replaced glovebox) however the creaking is now in the dashboard somewhere. Overall not impressed and let down by the false gas mileage advertisement. Buyer beware."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Outlander Sport near Honolulu. See local deals