2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Consumer Reviews

Great value and peace of mind for the price.

By on Saturday, March 09, 2013

Pros: "Price, warranty, fuel economy, features"

Cons: "Radio has to many buttons, seats could be better"

My car

"I've been car shopping for years, and have been terrified of making a commitment. However after researching almost every car out there, I noticed how mitsubishi was completely underrated by all the experts yet hailed by the consumers, I even learned how many competitors rely on mitsubishi to make their parts. Kia and Hundea receive their motors from mitsubishi, GM receives parts from mitsubishi, and Ford even uses patented mitsubishi technology and well as VW. So with all these car makers reliant on mitsubishi...they clearly are doing something right. I found the outlander sport and was blown away by the features and price. Their warranty is the BEST, 10 year powertrain, 5 bumper to bumper, 3 year corrosion and 5 year road side assistance. I bought the SE model with the premium package. The sound system is amazing, the sun roof us breath taking and the little things line rear view camera, movable headlight (which are HID) and rain sensing wipers just make it even better. The cvt I was very unsure about because I read numerous complaints about the noise, but coming from a consumer whose driven this car for four hours straight on a trip...the noise is nothing. My old car was a v6 mustang...now that has noise. The pick up speed isn't bad, fairly decent and the mpg gage is really helpful in determining how fast you should be going if you want better fuel economy. It was great handling and lots of features to brag about. It's push to start is also another fun feature, it wasn't necessary, but still cool. I was able to get mine way way way under msrp. If you can as well, by all means but the car, you get so much more for your money as well as added security and peace of mind."

My car

Very Good Small SUV

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "Great value, comfort, looks and gas mileage"

Cons: "Trip meter underestimates actual gas mileage"

"I had never seen this car before attending the 2013 Chicago Auto Show. There seem to be so few of them on the road that they are easy to miss. I was looking around at small SUVs and the sharp looks and price of this one caught my eye. I drove one at a dealer after the auto show and ended up buying it. I test drove others beforehand and when it comes down to it, there are not really a lot of differences between them if you are just using it for commuting. The Outlander Sport is packed with features that you would have to pay anywhere from $2,000(Korean) to $7,000 (American/other Japanese) more to get. Mitsubishi dealers will work with you to get a much better price than the MSRP too. I don't know how Mitsubishi puts together such a great SUV for the price, but I am happy, especially knowing that it has a great warranty too."

Great value , great suv

By on Saturday, February 28, 2015

"The experts talk badly about this car due to what they say is poor acceleration and sluggish CVT. They are wrong , the car is more than capable. It is not a race car. It is a great value with great reliability, good mpg, and plenty of features at a fair price."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted