2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport

Based on 31 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Long Time Mits Owner

By on Friday, January 30, 2015

Pros: "Cost, Decent MPG, design, looks"

Cons: "Lack options, starting issues in cold, Clunky CVT"

"This is my 7th Mitsubishi since 1995. I have owned Mirage, Eclipse, Eclipse RS, Lancer, Lancer OZ, Galant, and now the Outlander Sport. I purchased this car in August 2014 and had no major issues. It does seem to have a delayed starting issue in the cold, a couple times I thought it would not turn over. This only happens after sitting overnight when temps drop below 30 Degrees. The dealer has no reason for it. Would I buy again? Not sure, maybe go for the SE model. The starting issues is more annoying than anything, I am expecting any day this winter to not be able to start it. Hopefully not"

2014 with a 5 speed

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2015

"bought 2014 outlander sport 5 speed on dec 2014 brand new.. currently has 8800 miles- no service issues. Feels safe since its not low to the ground or tiny . average 28-31mpg depending on my driving. wish it had more power but its pretty average for the crossover segment."

Kinda happy, but questions remain about the car

By on Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pros: "Nice looking car, pretty ok gas mileage."

Cons: "Poor radio/Bluetooth, Poor performance, poor ride"

"Its a good value but don't expect much. I purchased this car 6 months ago. I knew going into this the performance was going to be lacking. Was I surprised that its even worse than I thought. I don't think it would get out of its own way. The radio/bluetooth is almost impossible to use. My phone calls drop constantly and the dealer and mitsubishi wont acknowledge this issue. Gas mileage is not as good as what the paperwork says, its not so bad but just is kinda ok. Overall I would be suspect to recommend this car to other people."

My 50th Auto

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pros: "got this at a below market price."

Cons: "wish it had a 6CD changer like the 2013 had."

"Purchased new in Dec 2013, Have 12000 miles on it now. Around town I average 26MPG and on the Highway I get between 29 and 34MPG, depending on the driving conditions. I have a bad right leg and looked at many SUV'S, for getting in and out of. This fit the bill, very comfortable and has enough bells and whistles to keep me happy."

2013 Outlander Sport SE

By on Monday, December 29, 2014

"I didnt opt for the info-tainment package. But, I was able to purchase for 18.5k. It was a few thousand less than a RAV4, and Mazda CX5. And unlike them I got bluetooth integration for my phone, alloy wheels, wheel mounted cruise and radio controls. The RAV4 had an antique 4 speed auto, and not much else. The CX5 had a 5speed auto but I thought the Outlander Sport drove better and felt more solid. I have been very happy with the Mitsubishi but I will say the CVT transmission took some getting used to. The highs: - I get 29.5mpg on the highway if i take it easy - The alloy wheels look much better than the hubcaps that came standard on mazda and the metal wheels of the RAV4. - I don't drive much but i have put 7k miles on it. I purchased in 2012 and I put gas in it, change the oil and thats it. It has been rock solid. - Cabin Air filter, and Air filter easy to change - This car is quieter than my friends Matrix, my old Suzuki SX4, and my brothers Equinox. I've read that consumer reports no longer recommends this car because owner satisfaction is too low. But mechanically they rate it much better than average... go figure. The Lows: - A month after i purchased my local dealer (5 miles away) shut his Mitsubishi dealership. Now i have to travel 25 miles to the closest Mitsubishi dealer if I need warranty work. (had 3 recalls so far over minor stuff) Its an absolute drag to have to dedicate the entire day to drive there, wait, and drive home. - Merging on the highway is loud, and i have to watch the tach to make sure I dont redline (but honestly the redline is 6500rpm so its pretty high) What Mitsubishi should change: - Make the roofline taller so I can get bigger boxes in :-) - And reopen some dealerships... having to travel so far is a real pain."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Outlander Sport near Honolulu. See local deals