2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport

Based on 33 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

good vehicle for the price

By on Sunday, March 01, 2015

Pros: "price, warranty"

Cons: "about 5- 20 horsepower less than the competition"

"I reviewed and drove the cx5, escape, and this vehicle. I reviewed all of the interior dimensions before choosing the outlander sport. The Crv, Rav4, and Sportage were out of my price range. I wanted a normally aspirated engine without a turbocharger for reliability. I wanted a new 4-wheel drive for under $20,000. I managed to get my 2015 outlander sport ES AWD automatic with fog lights for $19,500. I'M 6-3, 220# and the vehicle has plenty of head and leg room. My brother rode in the back and had enough room and he's 6-1, 230#. Cargo Space is lacking, but it will fit 10 bags of groceries behind the rear seat. Sure this vehicle is a little short on power (5-20 horsepower less than the competition), but I drive the speed limit so it doesn't really matter. Ride comfort is half decent. It rides better than my 2002 gallant that's for sure. No one can expect a $20,000 SUV to perform like a luxury Mercedes SUV anyway. I'm not to keen about the CVT transmission, but with the 100,000 mile drivetrain warranty, who cares. I feel that the outlander sport is the cheapest AWD SUV you'll find and the warranty can't be beat. If you want a slightly better ride, pay $6,000 more for a Honda CRV. Otherwise, pay around $4,000 more for an Escape, CX5, RAV4, or Sportage"

Great value , great suv

By on Saturday, February 28, 2015

"The experts talk badly about this car due to what they say is poor acceleration and sluggish CVT. They are wrong , the car is more than capable. It is not a race car. It is a great value with great reliability, good mpg, and plenty of features at a fair price."

Long Time Mits Owner

By on Friday, January 30, 2015

Pros: "Cost, Decent MPG, design, looks"

Cons: "Lack options, starting issues in cold, Clunky CVT"

"This is my 7th Mitsubishi since 1995. I have owned Mirage, Eclipse, Eclipse RS, Lancer, Lancer OZ, Galant, and now the Outlander Sport. I purchased this car in August 2014 and had no major issues. It does seem to have a delayed starting issue in the cold, a couple times I thought it would not turn over. This only happens after sitting overnight when temps drop below 30 Degrees. The dealer has no reason for it. Would I buy again? Not sure, maybe go for the SE model. The starting issues is more annoying than anything, I am expecting any day this winter to not be able to start it. Hopefully not"

2014 with a 5 speed

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2015

"bought 2014 outlander sport 5 speed on dec 2014 brand new.. currently has 8800 miles- no service issues. Feels safe since its not low to the ground or tiny . average 28-31mpg depending on my driving. wish it had more power but its pretty average for the crossover segment."

Kinda happy, but questions remain about the car

By on Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pros: "Nice looking car, pretty ok gas mileage."

Cons: "Poor radio/Bluetooth, Poor performance, poor ride"

"Its a good value but don't expect much. I purchased this car 6 months ago. I knew going into this the performance was going to be lacking. Was I surprised that its even worse than I thought. I don't think it would get out of its own way. The radio/bluetooth is almost impossible to use. My phone calls drop constantly and the dealer and mitsubishi wont acknowledge this issue. Gas mileage is not as good as what the paperwork says, its not so bad but just is kinda ok. Overall I would be suspect to recommend this car to other people."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Outlander Sport near Honolulu. See local deals