2001 Mitsubishi Mirage

8.4

Based on 224 Ratings for the 1997 - 2002 models.

Almost 12 and still purrs like a kitten!

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Inexpensive and roomy"

"Purchased new in 2000. The Mirage was supposed to get 33 MPG on the highway and less in town. Consistantly for 12 years now, it has been getting 38 - 40 MPH on the highway and 30 - 33 in town. The trunk is huge for a small car, and in 12 years I've spent about $1,100.00 in repairs, and that was a little at a time. The parts that needed to be replaced were original equipment and were replaced at 100K miles. Most of the car is original. I plan to buy a new car next year and after a lot of research I am once again going with a Mitsubishi. (My original choice was Mercedes)."

Great Car!!

By on Tuesday, August 04, 2009

"I have never had any major problems with this car just minor wear and tear. I purchased this car used with 96,000 miles for $3,000. Seven years later it has 230,000 miles and is still running strong! of course I took good car of it changing the oil every 3,000 miles. I love my little car."

10 years and counting

By on Thursday, January 07, 2010

"I bought my 1997 Mirage in 2000 with just over 40k on it. It's now at the 160k mark. All this time I've never had a major repairs, except for a timing belt. I'm now at the point where the struts, tie rod and transmission mount need to be replaced. I'm thinking of paying the costs, because I really feel like this car has a lot of life left in it. This was my very first car. It brought me through high school, college, and now the real world. GREAT MILEAGE. My only complaint was the paint faded after about 7 years - had to get a new paint job. That's it!. Great value. I wish they still made them."

Excellent commuter car

By on Thursday, October 04, 2007

"I purchased this car from Hertz Car Sales in 2003 with 20k mileage. It was a 4 dr ES model with auto,pw,pl,cd,ac. I currently have 128k trouble free miles on the vehicle. It consistanly returns 33-35mpg. It is much more confortable than the size belies. Excellent visibility. The 1.8 ltr engine is quite and reliable, but the car is slow (tradeoff for mileage). Engine easy to work on, but honestly I have only changed oil, and air filters, spark plugs at 95k, and belts at 115k. I do have the trans. flushed every 35k, because I purchasd this vehicle from a rental agency. The only non-scheduled repair was a blown high pressure a/c hose ( it failed at the flange). Replaced and recharged at 120k miles. This has been an extremely reliable car that seems to fall under the radar from civic, corolla, sentra buyers. Would definitely recommend for first time car or commuter vehicle."

Great Car for the price

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "great to drive, good price, dependable"

Cons: "Seats uncomfortable on long journeys"

"I loved this car as it was my first vehicle. It got me there, it was pretty dependable in the long run, and if I had taken better care of it, it would still be on the road. Not the greatest luxury car you can find, but it was good for what was given."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Mirage near Honolulu. See local deals