2014 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,383 - $20,158.

10/5.6

Based on 325 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Great car, just needs some work

By on Wednesday, December 24, 2008

"I have had the car for about a year now and I have had to have the starter replaced 2 times already and it is still having trouble starting, my mechanism on the window broke off making the driver side window completely blow out, and my tire pressure light turns on randomly without needing air in the tires. The car does have great gas mileage and has a decent pickup, good for your money, just has some problems that need to be straightened out in newer models."

This is a GREAT car!!!!!!

By on Monday, February 18, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, super fast, very good looking."

Cons: "Interior lacks, Police Maganet!!"

"Let me start off by saying I now own, or have owned most "Performance" cars that generally fall into this price bracket...2 STi's, Mazdaspeed 3&6, S2000, and a GTI. This one is the best all around car for the $$$$ hands down! The performance could only be matched by one of my STi's and that car has $7000 under the hood; and my MR will very narrowly loose to it and its stock!! The Twin-clutch is amazing! I have shaved times down on every track I've been too, and to be honest the ride is not bad on regular roads...with that being said just remember what you are buying if you want a "cushy" ride don't buy a sports car! My biggest complaint is the interior. It's not that bad but compared to the other cars I have owned it is very cheap, but in retrospect none of the other cars were as fast "stock" or as fun to drive. The best advice I can give if you are buying one...tell the dealer to keep the super trash sound system<--as its horrible, but who is really listening to the music when you can listen to that great motor!"

Amazing car packed with performance!

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "BANG FOR THE BUCK!!"

Cons: "Cheap interior cues (minus the Reacro seats)"

"This is one of the best handling cars on the road. It has great design cues and the drive and feel are amazing. Where it lacks are the econo plastic interior cues hidden by the amazing Recaro Bucket seat. It goes great in all types of weather if properly equipped tires are used. Its reliability is right on par with most import cars. The service on the car is costly as the fluids are not cheap! Overall I would say you would be hard pressed to find a car in this range that has the performance and all around capabilities of the EVO X. This is not a car for your everyday commuter, it is without a doubt a drivers car with performance in mind. so if you are looking for a plush ride and great MPG, just keep looking..."

Amazing

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "Too many to mention...amazing car."

Cons: "ACD pump relocation if winter driven"

"Fast and the most amazing vehicle I've ever owned...love it. Price compared to ability is unmatched by any other car."

I love my car!

By on Thursday, December 13, 2012

Pros: "Awesome price, drives smooth, great sound system,"

Cons: "not enough trunk space, no rear dome light"

"I bought this car in May of 2007. As of today (12/13/12) I have not had any problems, mechanical or otherwise, with the car. This car has been on trips to Virginia (2 months after we bought it), Orlando a few times, Pennsylvania, and Texas. It still drives great. I love the sound system and navigation system in the car. The bluetooth is very useful. I just love driving it! After 5 1/2 years I still can't wait to get in and drive it every day. I don't like that there is no rear dome light, but that's the downfall to having a sunroof. The only reason I am wanting to trade it in is because I want something a bit bigger due to expanding my family, only because the trunk will fit the stroller and nothing else. If it weren't for that I would keep this car till it fell apart, which would be a very long time judging by the condition it is still in after 5 1/2 years."

Everything they said was true...

By on Friday, December 07, 2012

Pros: "Highest Performance for the money"

Cons: "Lustily Devours money"

"I got a 2012 Evo X as a graduation present to myself (before learning how to make a balanced budget). I was idly looking at cars as a source of motivation in the month up to graduation when my friend went and ordered one custom built from the factory. Having test drove a couple other cars (Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 and Nissan 370Z Nismo), I went to see what he was so excited about. Well, after experiencing my first turbo kick (full torque at 3,000 RPM), I was hooked. Ever since, I've found that this car is absolutely phenomenal. It makes daily driving thrilling and is a great car to have on the road. I am yet to take it on a track, but look forward to doing so once I can afford to replace the tires. As far as interior goes, the road noise is rather loud (but with the Rockford Fosgate soundsystem that's not a problem), the quality of the materials is a little low, and the trunk is small, but when you have the turbo boosting, active yaw control working its magic, and the amazing Recaro bucket seats embracing you, these minor details don't seem to matter very much. That's why you would buy the Evo, after all, is for that experience. The only complaint about this car is that it enjoys making my wallet cringe. Between the fuel economy and how quickly the tires/brakes wear out (perhaps my daily driving is a little too spirited), this car will leave you getting another job to pay for the maintenance. But, you'll be happy to do so every time you get behind the wheel. I just wouldn't suggest making it a daily driver for a commute greater than about 10 miles"

Solid car, but lacking in fit and finish

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "Handling, exterior styling, front seats, A/C"

Cons: "Ride, Rattles/Squeaks, interior materials, paint"

"I have a 2010 GTS Sportback and am generally pleased with it. Decent performance, low price, nice exterior styling (looks more expensive than it is), comfortable seats, great air conditioner, good handling. That said, it does have very cheap interior materials (my old 2002 Mazda had better plastics), there are a number of buzzes and rattles and it rides like an old mini-pickup and the paint is paper thin and easily scratched/chipped. Plus the MPG is pretty lackluster. I get 20 in city, 26 on the highway. The main draw for me was the styling and low price (got a great discount on a new leftover 2010). It was about 3K-4K less than a comparable Mazda3 or Honda Civic."

Favorite yet!

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "Great value, great driving, lots of options"

Cons: "Trunk space, semi-bland interior."

"I have owned Subarus and got a lot of flack from my car buddies about switching to this. But I loved the transmission and made the swap. Since day 1 I have loved this car. You get a ton of features for a great price. It gets better than book gas mileage on the interstate too. If I take it easy and keep about 70mph, you'll get around 28-30 mpg! In winter it handles ice and snow without a problem. My real only complaint is that the trunk space took a hit when they built it to accommodate a larger cabin. You can't fit a standard 22" carry-on on it's side."

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "BLAST to drive, very fast!"

Cons: "high price, cheap interior."

this in mine!!!

"This is by far the greatest car i have ever owned! car handles like a dream and is the quickest car in its price range!"

this in mine!!!

Truly the Best of Both Worlds!

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "Sporty, fun to drive, and great price!"

Cons: "Small tires, no standard backup camera, and MPG."

"My 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart is essentially the perfect balance between sportiness and handling on the one side, and comfort and economy on the other. The car really shines when it comes to acceleration and steering feel. The keyless entry and engine start are very convenient features. And the twin-clutch semi-automatic gearbox is quick, efficient, and a lot of fun! There are four minor things that I would change about this car if I wanted it to be "perfect." It could use a little bit wider tires for better lateral traction. I wish that a backup camera would have been included as standard equipment. It would be nice if it achieved slightly better fuel economy. And the transmission could be a little bit smoother especially while driving under 10 MPH. Aside from those four minor issues, the 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart is a practically perfect vehicle that I would highly recommend for anyone who wants to enjoy sportiness for a great price without any major compromises in practicality."