2014 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,256 - $16,809.

10/5.6

Based on 323 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Own it and love it!

By on Friday, May 17, 2013

"I have owned my 2008 Lancer ES since they first came out. I have had only a few minor maintenance issues. The warranty covered them all. It is a very dependable vehicle. I get better gas mileage then they say this car's average is. Maybe it is because mine is a manual and I drive for the most part normal to conservative. I drive a mixture of in town and on the highways, and I consistently get 28-32 mpg. The best I have ever gotten was on a back country road with my speed ranging 50-60 mph was 38 mpg. I am very happy with my car and never giving it up! :)"

More fun than BMW 335i

By on Sunday, May 12, 2013

Pros: "cornering, acceleration, wet weather handling"

Cons: "cheaper interior materials, not as sleek as bmw"

"I used to have a Mini Cooper S, A4, and test drove the BMW 335. Hands down, the Evo MR is the most fun to drive. It's pretty much like a race car but mine's loaded with all the options so I don't feel like it's a huge step down from my A4 (except for the cheaper interior materials and lack of power seats). My next car will need to be an M3 otherwise anything else feels like a step down in performance!"

Most fun car i'v ever owned

By on Friday, May 03, 2013

Pros: "Will put the biggest smile on your face :D"

Cons: "Spark plugs and clutch are weak."

"Perfect car for those looking for performance. This car makes you feel like a real race car driver. The power and handling is like nothing on the road, for the price range. I plan on keeping this one for a very long time. A simple boost controler and tune will scare the living heck out of your passengers. With that and a few bolt ons its easy to get into the 350-360 awhp range."

Love this car!

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "Handling, traction/stability, performance"

Cons: "Poor mpg, uncomfortable for long trips."

"I should probably start out by saying that I've been obsessed with the EVO X ever since its debut in 2008. I didn't care too much for the previous models because of how "boxy" they looked (same applies to the STI, although with the STI, they're no longer boxy, but the EVO X styling just did something for me). But I've always had a huge amount of respect everytime I would drive by an older gen EVO or STI knowing how much power is just waiting to be unleashed under the hood. Finally in 2011, I built up the courage to pursue my dream car. I found a wicked white EVO X with heated leather seats, moonroof, and navigation. Granted this is pretty much fully loaded, it was still very rare to find this combination. Prior to this I had test drove a used 2008 with 50000 miles on it and I was very impressed with the feel and responsiveness. Shortly before that, I had the opportunity to drive a BMW 330xi with the 300 hp twin turbo engine. Needless to say, I preferred the EVO X. I've had the car for about a year and a half now and I'll list the pros and cons that I've found in the sections below. Pros: - Amazing handling: This car handles like a dream. Nice tight steering and it feels like you're very much "one" with the car at all times. - S-AWC: The traction/stability control on this thing is out of this world. Let's just say it saved my life one time when I was taking a curved ramp a little too fast and it was wet from rain. My tail end started to lose grip and just as I thought I was about to wipe out and crash, it was as if the car knew exactly what was happening and it fixed itself. Within half a second, I had regained traction and avoided what could've been a miserable accident. - Performance: With the 291 hp and 300 lb-ft of torque, the accelerator is just begging to be floored. Sometimes I really have to constrain myself from driving like a maniac. Cons: - MPG: Unfortunately with any performance vehicle, that performance comes with a price and typically it's less than desirable gas mileage. I average about 20 mpg and with having to use premium fuel, I end up coughing up quite a bit to keep this car going, especially since this is my daily driver. - Comfort: Again, just about any high performance vehicle will be equipped with a sports suspension, which is quite a bit tighter than the average suspension. So with that you tend to feel every bump in the road. Add to that the hardened recaro bucket seats (which I love by the way, but they just make you feel every bump even more), than this car becomes less then ideal for long-distance driving. Overall, I bought this car fully aware of the cons, but to me the pros greatly out-weigh the cons and to me it was worth every penny. I plan on keeping this car for a long long time."

One of the worst cars ever

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pros: "Only that it is a pretty car"

Cons: "Almost everything about it is bad"

"I bought this car used with little mileage, so far I had to spent over a thousand dollars in fixes. The mechanics of the car are true low-quality Mitsubishi; I had to replace an engine valve, do engine clean-up, injection cleaning, and the car is still failing. I've replaced the tires, had it aligned and balanced and the car vibrates over 60Mph and has strange metallic noises and instability. I also have a Toyota Yaris 2008, over 115K miles on it and I haven't had to put a SINGLE dollar on the car except for the oil and tire maintenance. It makes me feel that Mitsubishi has even worse quality than American cars. This car is so bad that I'm willing to go on a negative loan, lose all I've paid and put the remaining of the Lancer on a new loan even if I have to pay double what I pay now. It is very likely what I will end up doing."

Best bang for buck

By on Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, performance, price"

Cons: "Interior, ride comfort, cabin noise"

"Price and performance are always my main 2 concerns. This car delivers in leaps and bounds. Faster than it's competition, the STi (cheaper as well), more space than it's other competitions 370z/mustang/etc, and not to mention it's way better looking. Highly recommended"

This is a GREAT car!!!!!!

By on Monday, February 18, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, super fast, very good looking."

Cons: "Interior lacks, Police Maganet!!"

"Let me start off by saying I now own, or have owned most "Performance" cars that generally fall into this price bracket...2 STi's, Mazdaspeed 3&6, S2000, and a GTI. This one is the best all around car for the $$$$ hands down! The performance could only be matched by one of my STi's and that car has $7000 under the hood; and my MR will very narrowly loose to it and its stock!! The Twin-clutch is amazing! I have shaved times down on every track I've been too, and to be honest the ride is not bad on regular roads...with that being said just remember what you are buying if you want a "cushy" ride don't buy a sports car! My biggest complaint is the interior. It's not that bad but compared to the other cars I have owned it is very cheap, but in retrospect none of the other cars were as fast "stock" or as fun to drive. The best advice I can give if you are buying one...tell the dealer to keep the super trash sound system<--as its horrible, but who is really listening to the music when you can listen to that great motor!"

Best car for th price

By on Thursday, January 03, 2013

"Never had a problem with it. Very versitale, good on gas and loooks great"

Great Small Sedan

By on Thursday, January 03, 2013

Pros: "great price, great mpg, smooth ride"

Cons: "small cup holders, slides in snow (light)"

"This was a mileage driven purchase, the Lancer has exceeded it's mpg rating (Typically 35 mpg). It has a smooth ride and performs very well in the 30 to 70 mph range."

I love my car!

By on Thursday, December 13, 2012

Pros: "Awesome price, drives smooth, great sound system,"

Cons: "not enough trunk space, no rear dome light"

"I bought this car in May of 2007. As of today (12/13/12) I have not had any problems, mechanical or otherwise, with the car. This car has been on trips to Virginia (2 months after we bought it), Orlando a few times, Pennsylvania, and Texas. It still drives great. I love the sound system and navigation system in the car. The bluetooth is very useful. I just love driving it! After 5 1/2 years I still can't wait to get in and drive it every day. I don't like that there is no rear dome light, but that's the downfall to having a sunroof. The only reason I am wanting to trade it in is because I want something a bit bigger due to expanding my family, only because the trunk will fit the stroller and nothing else. If it weren't for that I would keep this car till it fell apart, which would be a very long time judging by the condition it is still in after 5 1/2 years."

Everything they said was true...

By on Friday, December 07, 2012

Pros: "Highest Performance for the money"

Cons: "Lustily Devours money"

"I got a 2012 Evo X as a graduation present to myself (before learning how to make a balanced budget). I was idly looking at cars as a source of motivation in the month up to graduation when my friend went and ordered one custom built from the factory. Having test drove a couple other cars (Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 and Nissan 370Z Nismo), I went to see what he was so excited about. Well, after experiencing my first turbo kick (full torque at 3,000 RPM), I was hooked. Ever since, I've found that this car is absolutely phenomenal. It makes daily driving thrilling and is a great car to have on the road. I am yet to take it on a track, but look forward to doing so once I can afford to replace the tires. As far as interior goes, the road noise is rather loud (but with the Rockford Fosgate soundsystem that's not a problem), the quality of the materials is a little low, and the trunk is small, but when you have the turbo boosting, active yaw control working its magic, and the amazing Recaro bucket seats embracing you, these minor details don't seem to matter very much. That's why you would buy the Evo, after all, is for that experience. The only complaint about this car is that it enjoys making my wallet cringe. Between the fuel economy and how quickly the tires/brakes wear out (perhaps my daily driving is a little too spirited), this car will leave you getting another job to pay for the maintenance. But, you'll be happy to do so every time you get behind the wheel. I just wouldn't suggest making it a daily driver for a commute greater than about 10 miles"

Best car ever owned...

By on Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pros: "Performance, Wet/snowy day capability, practical"

Cons: "fuel mileage"

"Performance, Practicallity and looks. This car is AMAZING!!! The Ralliart's TCSST transmission is aplomb, as is the engine. PLUS, its a Sportback as well so picnics, bikes, costco stuff etc., everything fits. The only drawback is the mpg are horrendous if on the throtle. But if driving normally, 20-23 mpg mixed. LOVE IT!!!!"

I LOVE MY CAR!!!!

By on Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, sporty look."

Cons: "Noise when you get going......but over all GREAT!!"

"I have saved for 5 yrs to buy a new car and I decided on the Lancer GTS 2010. I found a great deal at car max. It was listed at 17,999.00 which for the low mile was a great deal!! I love the look, feel and drive! I do have to say it is noisy when you first start off but then it's smooth driving. I would not trade it for another! The few things like noise,etc... are not that bad. It does look like it cost more then I paid. Very happy with this car. I was driving a Honda accord 1996 with 240,000 miles on it so any car would be a step up from that. I also owned a Mits. Lancer 2003 and hit a parked car on the freeway at 70mph and that car crashed so well I was barley hurt. This also made me look into buying another one, it sounds funny but they crash really well :)"

hotrod

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pros: "Acceleration give a kick in the pants"

"Plenty of power, excellent drivetrane."

I love my car!!!!

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pros: "good gas mileage, reliability, and comfortable"

Cons: "expensive to change the oil"

"I bought this car last summer. My car runs smoothly and has plenty of room for my family of four. My son is very tall for his age and he absolutely loves the room he has for his legs in the back seat. The added cup holders in the center arm rest that folds down is really great when I have both my son and my step daughter. I have taken this car camping with the cub scouts. It was a tight fit but it went where I needed it to. We just returned from a trip to Ohio. I rode in the back while my husband and his nephew drove. It was so comfortable and hugged the road nicely in the mountains. This car is the best bang for your buck. I did have to get a loner because someone hit my rear end shortly after I bought the car. My son hated the mazda 3 they put us in and the seats were really hard. This car is not only affordable its roomy, comfortable, and reliable. I love it!!!!"

Best looking car in this price range!

By on Friday, September 07, 2012

Pros: "Room, value, gas mileage, styling, warranty"

Cons: "Interior noise, CVT takes getting used to"

"Bought the Lancer Sportback ES at a great price and I'm really happy with it so far. When the back seats are folded down it has as much room as many small SUVs. ES doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but is nicely equipped for the price I paid. I consistently get 29mpg in the city and have gotten up to 35mpg on the highway. Power, comfort and build quality are comparable with everything else in this car class. Good crash rating, lots of safety features and Mitsubishi's warranty is one of the best in the industry. This car handles great and is fun to drive too."

Great car for a daily driver but paint chips alot

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "Evo Looks, Wing, Mpg, Seat Comfort, Interior Room"

Cons: "Thin Paint, Rattles, Cheap plastic, Flimsy Visor"

"I have a 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer ES model, I currently have 15k miles on it and so far no problem. The ES model has 148 HP, decent acceleration and passing power on the freeway. But you'll definitely hear engine noise if u step on the gas. Exterior is excellent, this car has the looks of an EVO X, many mistakes it for an EVO because I paint my front grill black just like an Evo. This car still looks fresh eventhough the design has been out since 08. Interior has too much plastic, rattles on the driver side door, wind noise on freeway speed. But very simple easy to use gauges, buttons and layout. Seats are comfy for short and long trips, 3 adults fits in the back seat just fine with lots of head & leg room. Thist car handles well on corners, steering has tight feel to it. 16 inch alloy wheels with yokohama tires soaks up bumps just fine but you will still a little of road roughness. Gas mileage is decent, the mileage on the sticker is accurate. 460 miles on a full tank. Overall, this car has been a very daily driver, but the paint chips easily, i have a couple of rock chips on the hood and side skirt. The warranty doesnt cover rock chips repair, paint has to be peeled or faded for them to cover it. Dont get fooled by the 148 hp, cos this car has power. Just Shift it perfectly and youll get from 0-60 in 7 sec. Im satisfied with my car my Mitsu. Oh and MItsu has the best warranty!"

Solid car, but lacking in fit and finish

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "Handling, exterior styling, front seats, A/C"

Cons: "Ride, Rattles/Squeaks, interior materials, paint"

"I have a 2010 GTS Sportback and am generally pleased with it. Decent performance, low price, nice exterior styling (looks more expensive than it is), comfortable seats, great air conditioner, good handling. That said, it does have very cheap interior materials (my old 2002 Mazda had better plastics), there are a number of buzzes and rattles and it rides like an old mini-pickup and the paint is paper thin and easily scratched/chipped. Plus the MPG is pretty lackluster. I get 20 in city, 26 on the highway. The main draw for me was the styling and low price (got a great discount on a new leftover 2010). It was about 3K-4K less than a comparable Mazda3 or Honda Civic."

Greatest Car Overall for the Money

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

"I love this car. The sportback can swallow cargo like no other. Great value. Great gas mileage. We have seen 35 on the hwy! Fun and sporty. The GTS handles like you wouldn't believe. Great sound system with the Rockford! Love it"

Reliable and affordable

By on Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pros: "Affordable and Reliable"

Cons: "Small and Lots of Road Noise"

"I have owned this car for three years and had no problems with it. It runs well, gets decent gas milage and has enough get up and go to not be a bore. The one minor problem I have had is the back seat belts jamming, but this is most likely due to my young son being rather agressive with them rather than a true defect of the car. I had to have one of the belt devices completely replaced, but it was covered under warranty. Can't say I love my Lancer as it is pretty nondescript, but it has suited my needs well for the price."

LuV It!

By on Saturday, May 05, 2012

Pros: "great price, fun to drive"

Cons: "dents appear easily"

"I really love this car, I would recommend it to everybody. It's really fun to drive looks amazing! Really great for teenagers but I saw seniors driving this car as well :D AND Seriously I bough it brand new for $16,500 cash!!!!"

good n reliable motor......strong

By on Friday, May 04, 2012

Pros: "motor is nice...plenty of torque"

Cons: "interior cheapness even w leather touring"

"i love this car except for some of the interior plastic is too cheap on doors n console. leather quality is average. no interior lights in glove box, under hood. metal panels on exterior well designed but super thin. Gas mileage is in need of improvement... never achieve highway mileage claim even on cruise...our odyssey minivan does just as good n weighs over 4000lbs"

Never had a problem

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

"Great car for the value"

Great car for the money!

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Great value, handles very well, and great MPGs."

"This car is amazing, it gets great MPGs and the value is superior. I love the fact that Mitsubishi offers the best warranty plan in the whole world, they must be very sure about the quality of the their cars."

The BEST car ever!!!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "great value, fun to drive, roomy, reliable,gadgets"

Cons: "maybe if it came in leather seats"

"I have a GTS 2008. I bought it in 2007. I LOVE driving it, it's soooo much fun!!! One of the best 4 cylinders I've ever driven, lot's of acceleration and power. I drive pretty rough and never had a problem with the car. Very reliable, roomy, comfortable, lot's of gadgets with the rockford fosgate navigation system. I impress everyone when I tell them how much I paid for such beauty."