2014 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,470 - $16,986.

10/5.6

Based on 324 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

By on Friday, January 08, 2010

"BEST SMALL CAR I HAVE OWNED. I WISH DE MODEL CAME WITH CENTER ARM REST.I HAVE 39000 TROUBLE FREE MILES ON THIS CAR.ROAD NOISE IS A SMALL DISCOMFORT ON LONG TRIPS.BEST MPG IS 33MPG ON A 500+ mile trip."

Lancer

By on Wednesday, January 06, 2010

"Lancer has got the best standard features that are in so manty other cars, not included. I own an 10' Lancer GTS bought it a few days ago. offered 18, 500 for the car which had navi and bluetooth hands free cell phone capability feature as 'extras'. Within a fw days i got a repsonse and i got the car.....it had a sticker price of $19,700 so i'd say an amzing car....great for college students like me!"

By on Monday, January 04, 2010

"I got this car almost 3 years ago and still love it. I feel very safe in it with my son and it looks so nice and I have not had 1 problem with it."

2009 Ralliart

By on Sunday, December 13, 2009

"I love this car, is really fast has excellent handling and looks awesome in rally red. My only concern so far is that it needs a bigger fuel tank."

COOL

By on Thursday, September 24, 2009

"GOOD THINGS:NICE CAR, good acceleration, acc in M/T is amazing, but that doesn't mean that CVT is not good at all. Front side design is the best part, recommend having Sun&Sound package for 650Watt Base, I don't have Navi, but people says that Navi can do so so many things, so I also recommend that. 18 inch tire looks adoreable, put the aftermarket Short RAM INTAKE and you will probably feel STRONGER. SO-SO THINGS: probably interior, can get scratched easily somewhat. but people at the streets wouldn't pretty much notice those little scratches inside of the car. Also, I dunno if this has occured only for me but, outside paint got scratched by little little tiny stones so easily that I probably have met while I was driving on the road. Also, it seems that outside car cover is kinda thin. it might get bented so easily."

LOVE IT!!!

By on Monday, July 13, 2009

"Just got my 09 GTS 2 weeks ago...could not have made a better decision. Got it loaded and for the money I couldn't get another car with everything I got in this. It handles great and the CVT is awesome! I have never had a smoother ride. Not only that...the rotor glow color is to die for! It has plenty of space in the front, leg room in the back, and a nice size trunk. The rockford fosgate system sounds awesome. and the key fab is just a really cool feature. You won't be sorry for giving this one a try!"

love it

By on Sunday, July 12, 2009

"have had this vehicle for over two years and have not had a single problem as of yet."

Very nice car

By on Monday, June 29, 2009

"Handles Extremely well for a $16000 dollar car. Needs a little more HP though even with a stick shift like mine. But its fun to drive and I just cant rave enough of how good it handles for this priced car. I have the sun and sound pkg also that really helps bring out the fun factor too."

By on Monday, June 15, 2009

"Last year I bought the 2009 GTS when it first arrived at dealerships. I jumped at the '09 because it came with a more powerfull 2.4 litre engine. The rockford fosgate stereo is probably the best factory system out there in the cars class and the bluetooth is a nice touch. As far as performance goes, the '09 is quite a bit quicker than the '08 and if you op for the 5-speed manual the car with sprint to 60 a full 1.1 seconds faster than the CVT. On top of that I cannot believe how well this car handles. I have tested the limits time and time again and am never dissapointed. I have read other reviews on this vehicle and am a little confused. I think the Dunlop SP5000 tires that come with the car are outstanding! I have 21500 miles on the car and they still have plenty of grip. My only complaints about the car are the seats are not comfy on long trips, there is a bit of roadnoise (nothing dynamat didn't take care of), and it doesnt come with standard traction control (offered in the touring package for $1000 along with HID lights, and some stupid computer that adjusts your throttle if your off the line on a turn)"

The Best

By on Sunday, March 15, 2009

"I have an 08 gts. The best car I have ever bought! I have paddle shifters, sport tuned suspension, 18s, agressive look you name it all for under 19k. The interior is great, sound system, overall setup is amazing. The only con Ive had is the acceleration from a stop is a little slow but from a roll it is great. Well worth the money, which isnt much at all for what you get, and is very good on gas as well as handling and comfort. I test drove other cars from hondas to mazdas before deciding on the lancer with zero regrets."

By on Wednesday, December 10, 2008

"Overall this car has been a great value, the MPG is great, looks faster than it is though. have not had a problem with the tires or anything else, have had it over a year and put on 18000 great car, I love it"

Love This Car!

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2008

"This is the best car by far for the price! I intend to keep it for many years to come. My husband has the 2008 WRX and is the former owner of an EVO IX MR and he loves the power and quality of this car. It doesn't feel like you got $10,000 less worth of car. I only have two complaints: 1. The stock tires for the GTS were worn out after only 10,00 mi. of daily driving and for the wheel size, the tire selection is quite limited. 2. The felt mat on the bottom of the trunk is not secured anywhere."

By on Sunday, August 03, 2008

"I like my car overall. but it does not seem to stand up as well as others when it comes to the body or interior. it can't take even a small whack without some damage... otherwise it is a good car."

2008 Mitsu Lancer ES

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"I Traded In A 2005 Chevy Cavalier And I Actually Miss It. I Expected More Power From The Lancer. My Cavalier Actually Was Faster 0-60. I Like The Handling. I Like The New Look. Once You Get Past 20 MPH I Love The Speed And Acceleration. The Braking Takes A Little Getting Used To But Its Really Good. Interior Is A Little Plasticky But They Made It Look Good. I Wish I Would've Been Able To Afford An ES Model With More Packages Such As Technology And Appearance. You Dont Really Need The Sound Package Cuz The Speakers Are Fine Unless You Want It For The Sun Roof. I Think The Car Is A Little Over Priced For Standard But Overall Its A Great Vehicle And I Dont Regret It."

By on Sunday, May 11, 2008

"I traded in my 01 Lincoln LS for an 09 GTS and I'm not missing that LS at all. The features are awesome for the price and the overall feel of the car is amazing. While being a little tight on your larger passengers (I myself being 6'4" 240lbs) Its still a comfortable ride with the only thing I miss from lincoln being the ability to pull the steering wheel away from the dash, rather than just move it up and down. The larger motor gives it some decent kick when you put the pedal to the floor but by no means are you going to outrun a GT Mustang or some of the faster imports on the market. The handling is superb, the Rockford Fosgate premium stereo system, with included 10" sub in the trunk, sounds perfect and the FAST Keyless entry system is beyond perfect for people needed to, no play on words intended, be fast. It's a great car for a great price with upgrades that can be found quickly and easilly be either going through your Mitsubishi dealership or through the closest local tuner shop."

Great Styling...but slow

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2008

"I love my GTS...the CVT is fun, but slow. It has a mild, full body kit which looks great, but at 5.3" height, it needs to be lowered about 2" to match the body styling. It's perfect for someone who wants a stylish, sporty, affordable car without the need for speed. Pros: tight steering & braking, comfort, style Cons: slow, ground height"

Great for Price

By on Tuesday, January 08, 2008

"First time Mitsubishi buyer. The new look caught my eye at the dealership. The non-GTS versions looked cheap, so the slighly extra money was well worth the upgrade. Ride and handling is great. Acceleration is a bit slower than expected. A slight delay with initial acceleration. The engine should've been bigger than 2.0 to handle the weight of this car. After 12K miles, the acceleration improved. I'm surprised the 2.0 engine only gets 29 hwy. My 1993 Toyota Camry 2.4 was getting 30 hwy even after 14 years of good maintenance. I haven't gotten used to the paddle shifting to make it efficient so I just keep it in automatic. CVT is great; can't feel the shifting of the transmission. Love the sound system and subwoofer. However, there's no immediate Random shuffle (hitting the Random button to play another randomly selected song). It only shuffles after a song is done. My 2000 Aiwa MP3 in-dash player and my 2007 Hyundai Entourage also shuffles when you hit the Random button. And if you fast forward to the end of the song, it doesn't shuffle, it plays the next song. Barbaric. So now I have to buy an iPod. The driver seat should have come with electronic seat adjustment. Other than those idiosyncrasies, all my friends and coworkers have been very impressed with this car."

Lancer ES

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"This is my first brand new car, I believe for the price and all the warranties and facilities I was provided by the Dealer there is no better chance to get a top quality vehicle, with features you'll find in other brands as extras, you have comfort, quality and very high stilling car."

lancer gts

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"just got the 2008 lancer gts. and its truely amazing. i previously had a cobalt lt2. the lancer is about 5,000 times the car the cobalt is."

could have done better

By on Sunday, September 23, 2007

"The only thing not too good is that the seats in the DE are not adjustable (did not know that when I purchsed). The driver side mirror gives you a blind spot when making a left turn. Seat fabric is kind of rough. There has already been a call back for a faulty part with the bar between the windows."

NICE

By on Thursday, August 09, 2007

"The car is pretty nice just to slow for me."

09 lancer es sport (CVT)

By on Wednesday, March 03, 2010

"Value- I got an outstanding deal, paid 16,100. for that price i got all of the body trimmings and fog lights, these are originally standard on the GTS. RELIABILITY- I am a daily commuter putting 3000 miles on the car per month, and i have not had any mechanical problems at all. with 18000 miles on and no problems i can see having this car for a long time. you just need to keep maintaining it, as with any car. QUALITY- just minor things here. the paint could have been better, lots of highway means lots of chips. on my hood i can see where a rock hit and i can see the metal under the paint as a result. and the console creaks alittle. PERFORMANCE- it is not an evo, so you can not expect much on acceleration. but the mileage on this car is great. on the sticker it says 28 highway but i get 30 to 31. handling is also great even for a base car. passing at high speed is accompanied by little body role and tight turns are not difficult to take. COMFORT- with the CVT tranny you have no shift shock. but when it down shifts it feels like an auto but with less shock. some people say that the engine is loud, but when you are driving you hear the wind and the tires more than the engine. when i start my car up i always fiddle around with my ipod and i some times stop myself from turing the key to start again because engine vibration is very low. very hard to notice if you are not paying attention. great car over all, has no problems and I love it. O READ THIS.- if you see that your car has the buttons for the blue tooth calling feature be sure to make sure that it is functional. i thought that mine was broken when i went to pair my phone to it after i bought it. when i went to the dealer they said that it was only "PRE-WIERD" for bluetooth. if you want to have that working you need to pay 355 for the part that makes it function. or you can demand that they add that before you close the deal."

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, economical 33mpg highway, reliable"

Cons: "A little slow, interior upholstery could be better"

"I have owned this car for five years now. It has been the most reliable car I have ever had. It is stylish and has plenty of extras. Not the fastest car in the world but it is plenty quick if you choose to use the CVT Manual Transmission. Would recommend to anyone who wants a car that looks sporty and is very economical."

Great car with some minor issues.

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "Unique look, topnotch handling and acceleration"

Cons: "Turbo lag and gas milage"

"First off this car is for people who like to drive fast. You can use it for destination trips but its main purpose is to inspire fun when you turn it on. That said the pros: Unbelievable handling and break neck acceleration. I've beaten Camaros, Infinites, and Porsches. Once you learn how to properly launch which I'll talk about in a minute. The car looks hot. Mitsu upped the anti on the design and gave it a slicker look but still kept its aggressive features. The interior is decent but its the same interior for all versions of the lancer which is disappointing. The car turns heads and sounds awesome too. Sport mode is so much fun!!! The cons: Fuel economy. With a turbo charger trying to spin up the 2.0 liter engine into an 5.0 liter you're going to use up gas. You'll average about 18 miles per gallon. The transmission is awesome and a thing to behold with one caveat. When in idle say at a stop sign the transmission grabs with authority making stop and go traffic very annoying to drive in. The lancer is equipped with the most annoying seat belt warning sound invented by man. Which you will discover the 1st time you take it off to get your wallet when in line for fast food. It keeps going off even in park! Lastly the cup holder was poorly designed. It holds a cup well but don't use it as a change holder you'll never get those last few coins out. Sometimes if you turn the on engine start switch to fast the fuel pump will not have pumped the gas through the line and the car won't start. And lastly turbo lag. Its annoying when driving around sharp turns and especially from a dead stop. You step on the gas and it feels like there's nothing there then all of a sudden your jolted forward. The trade off being gobbs of torque that make it all worth it! As promised a tip on launching. DO NOT NEUTRAL DROP. Your transmission and clutch will disintegrate and your dealer will not cover it. A safer and more effective way to launch is simply to hold the brake with your right foot and tap tap tap the revs on the Tach up to about 2500 rpm. This will give an extra second off the line normally eaten up by turbo lag. Enjoy, drive safe, respect traffic laws, and have a great time!"

Great Car for the Money

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pros: "Low Price, Big Style"

Cons: "No Arm Rest."

"I traded in my 2002 Diamante (I LOVED LOVED THAT CAR ) and going from a full sized road beast to this little sedan was not as big a shock as I thought it would be, it has a lot of room and has comfort to the design. The main reason was the price, my sticker was 17,700 but with the 2500. rebate and the 500 loyalty program it was a no brainer. I guess the focus was the closest to this car but the Ford had little to no inventive and I thought the styling for the Focus was just ugly. The Lancer is Clean and Sharp looking and drives very well...I would buy another one but next time would go for the sport back (Wagon). No Regrets but do not like the gas reader, it's not very accurate but non the less I love this car."