2014 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,365 - $16,864.

10/5.6

Based on 316 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Best car for th price

By on Thursday, January 03, 2013

"Never had a problem with it. Very versitale, good on gas and loooks great"

Great Small Sedan

By on Thursday, January 03, 2013

Pros: "great price, great mpg, smooth ride"

Cons: "small cup holders, slides in snow (light)"

"This was a mileage driven purchase, the Lancer has exceeded it's mpg rating (Typically 35 mpg). It has a smooth ride and performs very well in the 30 to 70 mph range."

I love my car!

By on Thursday, December 13, 2012

Pros: "Awesome price, drives smooth, great sound system,"

Cons: "not enough trunk space, no rear dome light"

"I bought this car in May of 2007. As of today (12/13/12) I have not had any problems, mechanical or otherwise, with the car. This car has been on trips to Virginia (2 months after we bought it), Orlando a few times, Pennsylvania, and Texas. It still drives great. I love the sound system and navigation system in the car. The bluetooth is very useful. I just love driving it! After 5 1/2 years I still can't wait to get in and drive it every day. I don't like that there is no rear dome light, but that's the downfall to having a sunroof. The only reason I am wanting to trade it in is because I want something a bit bigger due to expanding my family, only because the trunk will fit the stroller and nothing else. If it weren't for that I would keep this car till it fell apart, which would be a very long time judging by the condition it is still in after 5 1/2 years."

Everything they said was true...

By on Friday, December 07, 2012

Pros: "Highest Performance for the money"

Cons: "Lustily Devours money"

"I got a 2012 Evo X as a graduation present to myself (before learning how to make a balanced budget). I was idly looking at cars as a source of motivation in the month up to graduation when my friend went and ordered one custom built from the factory. Having test drove a couple other cars (Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 and Nissan 370Z Nismo), I went to see what he was so excited about. Well, after experiencing my first turbo kick (full torque at 3,000 RPM), I was hooked. Ever since, I've found that this car is absolutely phenomenal. It makes daily driving thrilling and is a great car to have on the road. I am yet to take it on a track, but look forward to doing so once I can afford to replace the tires. As far as interior goes, the road noise is rather loud (but with the Rockford Fosgate soundsystem that's not a problem), the quality of the materials is a little low, and the trunk is small, but when you have the turbo boosting, active yaw control working its magic, and the amazing Recaro bucket seats embracing you, these minor details don't seem to matter very much. That's why you would buy the Evo, after all, is for that experience. The only complaint about this car is that it enjoys making my wallet cringe. Between the fuel economy and how quickly the tires/brakes wear out (perhaps my daily driving is a little too spirited), this car will leave you getting another job to pay for the maintenance. But, you'll be happy to do so every time you get behind the wheel. I just wouldn't suggest making it a daily driver for a commute greater than about 10 miles"

Best car ever owned...

By on Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pros: "Performance, Wet/snowy day capability, practical"

Cons: "fuel mileage"

"Performance, Practicallity and looks. This car is AMAZING!!! The Ralliart's TCSST transmission is aplomb, as is the engine. PLUS, its a Sportback as well so picnics, bikes, costco stuff etc., everything fits. The only drawback is the mpg are horrendous if on the throtle. But if driving normally, 20-23 mpg mixed. LOVE IT!!!!"

I LOVE MY CAR!!!!

By on Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, sporty look."

Cons: "Noise when you get going......but over all GREAT!!"

"I have saved for 5 yrs to buy a new car and I decided on the Lancer GTS 2010. I found a great deal at car max. It was listed at 17,999.00 which for the low mile was a great deal!! I love the look, feel and drive! I do have to say it is noisy when you first start off but then it's smooth driving. I would not trade it for another! The few things like noise,etc... are not that bad. It does look like it cost more then I paid. Very happy with this car. I was driving a Honda accord 1996 with 240,000 miles on it so any car would be a step up from that. I also owned a Mits. Lancer 2003 and hit a parked car on the freeway at 70mph and that car crashed so well I was barley hurt. This also made me look into buying another one, it sounds funny but they crash really well :)"

hotrod

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pros: "Acceleration give a kick in the pants"

"Plenty of power, excellent drivetrane."

I love my car!!!!

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pros: "good gas mileage, reliability, and comfortable"

Cons: "expensive to change the oil"

"I bought this car last summer. My car runs smoothly and has plenty of room for my family of four. My son is very tall for his age and he absolutely loves the room he has for his legs in the back seat. The added cup holders in the center arm rest that folds down is really great when I have both my son and my step daughter. I have taken this car camping with the cub scouts. It was a tight fit but it went where I needed it to. We just returned from a trip to Ohio. I rode in the back while my husband and his nephew drove. It was so comfortable and hugged the road nicely in the mountains. This car is the best bang for your buck. I did have to get a loner because someone hit my rear end shortly after I bought the car. My son hated the mazda 3 they put us in and the seats were really hard. This car is not only affordable its roomy, comfortable, and reliable. I love it!!!!"

Best looking car in this price range!

By on Friday, September 07, 2012

Pros: "Room, value, gas mileage, styling, warranty"

Cons: "Interior noise, CVT takes getting used to"

"Bought the Lancer Sportback ES at a great price and I'm really happy with it so far. When the back seats are folded down it has as much room as many small SUVs. ES doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but is nicely equipped for the price I paid. I consistently get 29mpg in the city and have gotten up to 35mpg on the highway. Power, comfort and build quality are comparable with everything else in this car class. Good crash rating, lots of safety features and Mitsubishi's warranty is one of the best in the industry. This car handles great and is fun to drive too."

Great car for a daily driver but paint chips alot

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "Evo Looks, Wing, Mpg, Seat Comfort, Interior Room"

Cons: "Thin Paint, Rattles, Cheap plastic, Flimsy Visor"

"I have a 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer ES model, I currently have 15k miles on it and so far no problem. The ES model has 148 HP, decent acceleration and passing power on the freeway. But you'll definitely hear engine noise if u step on the gas. Exterior is excellent, this car has the looks of an EVO X, many mistakes it for an EVO because I paint my front grill black just like an Evo. This car still looks fresh eventhough the design has been out since 08. Interior has too much plastic, rattles on the driver side door, wind noise on freeway speed. But very simple easy to use gauges, buttons and layout. Seats are comfy for short and long trips, 3 adults fits in the back seat just fine with lots of head & leg room. Thist car handles well on corners, steering has tight feel to it. 16 inch alloy wheels with yokohama tires soaks up bumps just fine but you will still a little of road roughness. Gas mileage is decent, the mileage on the sticker is accurate. 460 miles on a full tank. Overall, this car has been a very daily driver, but the paint chips easily, i have a couple of rock chips on the hood and side skirt. The warranty doesnt cover rock chips repair, paint has to be peeled or faded for them to cover it. Dont get fooled by the 148 hp, cos this car has power. Just Shift it perfectly and youll get from 0-60 in 7 sec. Im satisfied with my car my Mitsu. Oh and MItsu has the best warranty!"

Solid car, but lacking in fit and finish

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "Handling, exterior styling, front seats, A/C"

Cons: "Ride, Rattles/Squeaks, interior materials, paint"

"I have a 2010 GTS Sportback and am generally pleased with it. Decent performance, low price, nice exterior styling (looks more expensive than it is), comfortable seats, great air conditioner, good handling. That said, it does have very cheap interior materials (my old 2002 Mazda had better plastics), there are a number of buzzes and rattles and it rides like an old mini-pickup and the paint is paper thin and easily scratched/chipped. Plus the MPG is pretty lackluster. I get 20 in city, 26 on the highway. The main draw for me was the styling and low price (got a great discount on a new leftover 2010). It was about 3K-4K less than a comparable Mazda3 or Honda Civic."

Greatest Car Overall for the Money

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

"I love this car. The sportback can swallow cargo like no other. Great value. Great gas mileage. We have seen 35 on the hwy! Fun and sporty. The GTS handles like you wouldn't believe. Great sound system with the Rockford! Love it"

Reliable and affordable

By on Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pros: "Affordable and Reliable"

Cons: "Small and Lots of Road Noise"

"I have owned this car for three years and had no problems with it. It runs well, gets decent gas milage and has enough get up and go to not be a bore. The one minor problem I have had is the back seat belts jamming, but this is most likely due to my young son being rather agressive with them rather than a true defect of the car. I had to have one of the belt devices completely replaced, but it was covered under warranty. Can't say I love my Lancer as it is pretty nondescript, but it has suited my needs well for the price."

LuV It!

By on Saturday, May 05, 2012

Pros: "great price, fun to drive"

Cons: "dents appear easily"

"I really love this car, I would recommend it to everybody. It's really fun to drive looks amazing! Really great for teenagers but I saw seniors driving this car as well :D AND Seriously I bough it brand new for $16,500 cash!!!!"

good n reliable motor......strong

By on Friday, May 04, 2012

Pros: "motor is nice...plenty of torque"

Cons: "interior cheapness even w leather touring"

"i love this car except for some of the interior plastic is too cheap on doors n console. leather quality is average. no interior lights in glove box, under hood. metal panels on exterior well designed but super thin. Gas mileage is in need of improvement... never achieve highway mileage claim even on cruise...our odyssey minivan does just as good n weighs over 4000lbs"

Never had a problem

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

"Great car for the value"

Great car for the money!

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Great value, handles very well, and great MPGs."

"This car is amazing, it gets great MPGs and the value is superior. I love the fact that Mitsubishi offers the best warranty plan in the whole world, they must be very sure about the quality of the their cars."

The BEST car ever!!!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "great value, fun to drive, roomy, reliable,gadgets"

Cons: "maybe if it came in leather seats"

"I have a GTS 2008. I bought it in 2007. I LOVE driving it, it's soooo much fun!!! One of the best 4 cylinders I've ever driven, lot's of acceleration and power. I drive pretty rough and never had a problem with the car. Very reliable, roomy, comfortable, lot's of gadgets with the rockford fosgate navigation system. I impress everyone when I tell them how much I paid for such beauty."

i love my car

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "reliable driving"

Cons: "needed tilt on steering wheel"

"reliable car when it regards to functions: sst, awd, ayc. just needed more refining on body works.easy to modify. they could have it more hp like 300hp stock."

Nearly a super car

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Price, Drivability, Upkeep, MPGs, Fun"

Cons: "Your likely to see another one or more on the road"

"I grew up in Florida and never drove in snow until I was stationed in Oklahoma. I have no doubt the traction controls have saved my car and possibly my life in a few close calls. I never got comfortable enough in the ice and snow to see what the car could really do but I have trusted its abilities in order to avoid people that pushed their vehicles too far. While I can’t speak for the performance in the snow, I have lived on dirt roads all my life and grew up driving on them. As I got older and more comfortable in the driver’s seats of my first few cars I started to see what I could get them to do in the dirt and mud. Driving both front and rear wheel, I have ended up in my share of ditches and bushes. When I got my Evo X, it was my first all wheel drive and it took me no time to get acquainted with its handling on black top and in the dirt. I was blown away by the cars ability to get me through some dicey, self inflicted situations. In every control setting the car would practically refuse to let loose. The response of this car is unbelievable. The steering has great feedback and the seats are perfect for throwing it into corners with little or no movement of the driver and front passenger. It has real leg room for the back seat passengers and this car is practical for everyday driving. I get great gas mileage (~22 city/ ~27 highway) but I don’t race from red light to red light. Sense buying this car (new) I have never thought about getting a different one. I have owned 9 cars in the past 9 years and the Evo X is the only one that hasn’t left me wanting for more. I got it fully loaded with every option and I can’t believe how much I paid. You will pay more for less with most other cars that consider themselves of higher value."

GREAT CAR

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive and good gas milage."

Cons: "uncomfortable for long trips"

"Great car for the money. Good for short road trips and in town but long road trips will get a little uncomfortable."

Great Car - With look an feel not cheap plastic

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, beautiful interior"

Lookin good!

"When you get inside the 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback you feel like your getting into a car you paid much more for. Great look and design on the inside with a bold design on the outside that will not go out of style. Compared to the other models in the same class the Sportback is worth what you spend. Navigation, DVD, Satellite Radio, and the sound system in this car kicks!"

Lookin good!

bang for your buck.

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

"this ralliart comes with alot. even though the evo is better in many aspects the ralliart is a clean everyday car that can fool others into thinking its slow. it has awesome pick up and acceleration and is perfect for those who are trying to modify cars. although the only thing that i have noticed that proves a problem is trunk space and price of parts. other than that definitely recommend the lancer ralliart."

GREAT CAR...!

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

"DRIVE FAST...SECURE...NICE....VERY CONFORTABLE...NO OTHER WORDS TO SAY....."

Awsome car

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "Handling, power, easy to modify"

Cons: "Only has a 5 speed"

"This car is so much fun to drive. I still get excited every time I go somewhere. This car handling will blow your mind."