2014 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,350 - $17,007.

10/5.6

Based on 325 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Great gas mileage

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "smooth ride,great mileage , and interior features"

Cons: "super weak power wise , and a little noisy"

"Yeah i know that its not the evo x but i still think that the cvt transmission is holding back the car . I bought it with the knowledge that it was a cvt transmission but i didnt know it would suck this bad . Other then the lacking power its a great car , excellent mileage i get 24 mpg in the city and 33 on the highway . Super smooth ride kind of suprised me . The options that my lancer has makes it nice the seats are comfortable controls on the steering wheel and handsfree for the cell phone which can stream music love that option. Like i said in the begining great car just need more power makes it hard to get on the freeway!!!!!"

Love it

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "Fast. AWD."

Cons: "price"

"This is not average car! Excellent Handling. Amazing acceleration. Comfortable interior. Eye catching exterior. Good gas mileage AWD"

Awesome

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

"Fast"

I love this car!

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive with a cool look"

Cons: "GPS map not updated"

"I love everything about this vehicle. The way it drives, the features, its look and style and everything in between are excellent. I love the outside appearance. The in car bluetooth and navigation are amazing."

Excellent car for the price.

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "Best out of similarly priced cars."

Cons: "Lacks power. Needs a more powerful engine."

"I got this car 2 years ago for under $19k. After 70k miles it has had no issues whatsoever."

Great Car!

By on Thursday, December 08, 2011

Pros: "Sporty, fun to drive, Turbo, list goes on"

Cons: "Gas mileage, back seats cannot fold down"

"If you want a car that looks sporty and is fun to drive, this is it. This car looks and drives great. The lines of the car and the front of it look so agressive. Best car I have ever owned hands down and I've owned several in my life time so far. This car has good power and is responsive. The sport mode is also a lot of fun to drive in as well."

Great car for the price

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "great handling from seat to road"

Cons: "Center console cheapie plastic"

""Interior Design" was lacking because I would have done something different with the radio and lighter placement. the "quality" of some of the plastics on the dashboard were cheapie and it is quite loud. However the Exterior makes up for any design issues i had. the plastics were adequate for me the informative dash, the bluetooth and the Navi made up for any issue I had with some plastics. the pull of the engine between 2500 3000 rpm you forget any noise. I drove my car 50 to 150 miles a day and I always look forward to driving. MOST of the time I was conservative and could only get 25mpg When I did just my ecu upgrade I got 27 mpg and 40 whp. The 2011 added great upgrades to the interior for what is still a great price. I am going to get another!!"

NICE CAR

By on Saturday, September 10, 2011

"09 LANCER GTS, SO FAR SO GOOD NOT AS BAD ON GAS AS SOME SAY REMEBER THIS IS NOT A 2.0 WITH 110 HP FUN TO DRIVE AND AS OF YET VERY RELIABLE"

Best vehicle ever

By on Saturday, April 02, 2011

"By far the best car I've ever owned. Very responsive, modifyable, reliable, comfortable, and just all around a great choice. I live in upstate NY and see alot of snow, so I put some studded snow tires on a new set of rims and this thing is a tank in the snow. Comes stock with summer tires...bad for snow."

The best car I have owned

By on Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"I love my 2009 GTS Lancer. It is very sporty and yet has a lot of class. I have never had any regrets in purchasing this vehicle. Never had any problems with this car. Just regular oil changes,tire rotation and fluids checked. I purchased this vehicle new and could never see myself getting tired of driving this car. If you are even thinking of this car to purchase you will be sorry if you don't. Love Love Love this car!!!"

Best car for the money if you like performance

By on Tuesday, February 08, 2011

"Flat out the best car for the money if you want a thrilling ride and are willing to lose a little bit of the comfort or interior quality. Because of the stiff suspension, it can be a little bumpy on bad roads, and the interior has a little more plastic than I would like, but other than that, this car couldn't be more perfect. Mean exterior styling, powerful engine that is easy and cheap to make MORE powerful (some mods are free ecu tunes), a real head turner. Rain, snow, gravel, dirt, this car will conquer the roads you travel on, and you WILL have a blast doing it! I've had it for over a year and I'm far from bored. If fact, I like it more every day! Be careful of the mod bug though, haha. Way too easy to make this car even faster!"

Sporty Fun Car

By on Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"I bought my 2008 Lancer GTS 10/09 with 24,000 miles and as of 1/11 have 51,000 on it. The lancer especially with the spolier, ground effects and fog lights is VERY sporty and I constantly get compliments on it. I got myself a great deal through a Mitsubishi delership and have the full sun and sound package with the rockford fosgate DVD/Navigation combo which just adds so much to the cars value. It handles great and feels real sturdy and solid on the road. I have the CTV transmission; acceleration isn't great but the car can move when it needs to. I took my car on a NY to Florida road trip this past year, put 2,200 miles on it within 10 days and ran into no problems whatsoever and the gas mileage I got was excellent! My previous cars have been an 08 Scion tC, 95 Eagle talon AWD Turbo and a 94 Nissan Maxima GXE and i greatly recommend the new Lancer to anyone who wants a sporty looking car with some room to spare, that gets good gas mileage at an economical price!"

Value Car

By on Saturday, January 01, 2011

"My wife and I bought this car (DE edition) new. It's a great car for what we paid for it. Decent gas mileage and great styling. Handles great and at higher speeds is very stable. A lot of engine noise in the cockpit during acceleration. Not sure if this is because it is a base model, or if all models do this. Very slow acceleration. It looks fast, but is actually quite slow. Haven't had any problems with anything. Just regular maintenance. Interior is pretty uncomfortable. Seats are fairly hard but seem to hold you in place pretty well. One thing I HATE is that there are no arm rests up front. My right arm often gets sore from just hanging there. If you're looking for a value priced commuter that looks cool, this is a great car. If you're looking for speed and comfort, look elsewhere."

It's a great car

By on Saturday, August 14, 2010

"We bought two GTS's loaded with every gadget available. They've been fun great cars. My only complaint is that they are noisy. Too much engine noise. I have to say though that something happened post sale I never expected. Bought the cars at El Cajon Mitsubishi and our ongoing Service relationship with them has truly been the best experience in my 25 years of owning cars."

Near Supercar Performance in a tin can

By on Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"One of the best cars I have ever owned. I also owned a 2006 STi, and although the seats were better in the STi, the Evo is better in almost every other way. The Evo X has a nice ride quality, better than the previous models. It is bigger, sadly, but not too big. The SAWC system is insane. The engine begs to be tuned out of the box. You can pull an easy 350bhp out of these with nothing but bolt ons-and still pull 22mpg! Some rattles, interior quality not the best, but a corner had to be cut somewhere to get that price point."

Nice Vehicle-Cheap Paint

By on Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"Pros-styling, features, looks, tech Cons-paint The paint started to chip about 20 miles away from the dealership. Now a year later and there are about 15 dime sized paint chips everywhere."

By on Friday, January 08, 2010

"BEST SMALL CAR I HAVE OWNED. I WISH DE MODEL CAME WITH CENTER ARM REST.I HAVE 39000 TROUBLE FREE MILES ON THIS CAR.ROAD NOISE IS A SMALL DISCOMFORT ON LONG TRIPS.BEST MPG IS 33MPG ON A 500+ mile trip."

Lancer

By on Wednesday, January 06, 2010

"Lancer has got the best standard features that are in so manty other cars, not included. I own an 10' Lancer GTS bought it a few days ago. offered 18, 500 for the car which had navi and bluetooth hands free cell phone capability feature as 'extras'. Within a fw days i got a repsonse and i got the car.....it had a sticker price of $19,700 so i'd say an amzing car....great for college students like me!"

Great car

By on Monday, January 04, 2010

"I got this car almost 3 years ago and still love it. I feel very safe in it with my son and it looks so nice and I have not had 1 problem with it."

2009 Ralliart

By on Sunday, December 13, 2009

"I love this car, is really fast has excellent handling and looks awesome in rally red. My only concern so far is that it needs a bigger fuel tank."

COOL

By on Thursday, September 24, 2009

"GOOD THINGS:NICE CAR, good acceleration, acc in M/T is amazing, but that doesn't mean that CVT is not good at all. Front side design is the best part, recommend having Sun&Sound package for 650Watt Base, I don't have Navi, but people says that Navi can do so so many things, so I also recommend that. 18 inch tire looks adoreable, put the aftermarket Short RAM INTAKE and you will probably feel STRONGER. SO-SO THINGS: probably interior, can get scratched easily somewhat. but people at the streets wouldn't pretty much notice those little scratches inside of the car. Also, I dunno if this has occured only for me but, outside paint got scratched by little little tiny stones so easily that I probably have met while I was driving on the road. Also, it seems that outside car cover is kinda thin. it might get bented so easily."

LOVE IT!!!

By on Monday, July 13, 2009

"Just got my 09 GTS 2 weeks ago...could not have made a better decision. Got it loaded and for the money I couldn't get another car with everything I got in this. It handles great and the CVT is awesome! I have never had a smoother ride. Not only that...the rotor glow color is to die for! It has plenty of space in the front, leg room in the back, and a nice size trunk. The rockford fosgate system sounds awesome. and the key fab is just a really cool feature. You won't be sorry for giving this one a try!"

love it

By on Sunday, July 12, 2009

"have had this vehicle for over two years and have not had a single problem as of yet."

Very nice car

By on Monday, June 29, 2009

"Handles Extremely well for a $16000 dollar car. Needs a little more HP though even with a stick shift like mine. But its fun to drive and I just cant rave enough of how good it handles for this priced car. I have the sun and sound pkg also that really helps bring out the fun factor too."

By on Monday, June 15, 2009

"Last year I bought the 2009 GTS when it first arrived at dealerships. I jumped at the '09 because it came with a more powerfull 2.4 litre engine. The rockford fosgate stereo is probably the best factory system out there in the cars class and the bluetooth is a nice touch. As far as performance goes, the '09 is quite a bit quicker than the '08 and if you op for the 5-speed manual the car with sprint to 60 a full 1.1 seconds faster than the CVT. On top of that I cannot believe how well this car handles. I have tested the limits time and time again and am never dissapointed. I have read other reviews on this vehicle and am a little confused. I think the Dunlop SP5000 tires that come with the car are outstanding! I have 21500 miles on the car and they still have plenty of grip. My only complaints about the car are the seats are not comfy on long trips, there is a bit of roadnoise (nothing dynamat didn't take care of), and it doesnt come with standard traction control (offered in the touring package for $1000 along with HID lights, and some stupid computer that adjusts your throttle if your off the line on a turn)"