2014 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,185 - $16,772.

10/5.6

Based on 321 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 ... 10 11 12 13 | Next

great car

By on Friday, August 22, 2008

"good on gas good handaling great looks"

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2008

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2008

By on Sunday, August 03, 2008

"I like my car overall. but it does not seem to stand up as well as others when it comes to the body or interior. it can't take even a small whack without some damage... otherwise it is a good car."

If you are willing to sacrifice comfort for looks

By on Monday, July 28, 2008

"I loved the look of the car with all new age technology that it came with...I bought it... and it turn out to be the great disappointment . The comfort level in this car is ZERO. The sits are incredibly hard (NO GOOD FOR LONG RIDE, if you know what i mean), there are no arm rest for a persons smaller than 5'5''(can't reach it), no telescoping wheel. The air vent, turned out located next to the engine, and as fresh cool air from outside comes inside the car it is heated by the engine...so AC has to be on at all times. The fen force needs some major work as well, unless you turn it full blast, hardly any air comes out. One of the vents is behind the steering wheel, so air blows on the wheel instead of you. Also the paint job on this car is so cheap, that you can literally scratch it with your nails."

Good, but a few problems

By on Friday, July 25, 2008

"A great car for the price, this car will turn heads and is fun to drive, BUT.... I've had two major issues with it. First the paint is the worst paint I've seen in my life, it scratches and chips easily. You need to buy a lot of clear bra if you don't want the car looking used within the first 6 months. Secondly and similarly the windshield breaks easily. I've had a minor pebble strike destroy mine. I could not get the thing repaired, a professional repair procedure cracked it."

Fun to drive

By on Monday, July 21, 2008

"I've owned my Lancer GTS for less than half a year and I'm loving it. The car handles great, rides great, is very comfortable, and looks great. The Lancer's stylish body is by far the best in class in my opinion. Very sporty and aggressive looks appeals to teenagers like myself. Although their are some weak spots to the Lancer. The engine is too weak, my GTS version has the same engine as the other 2 trims. I believe that it should have a better/bigger engine. The engine noise is a bit loud, but nothing my rockford sound package can't fix =D The exhaust is rather small, really small. They maybe should of put a bigger exhaust on the car instead of putting a tip on it. But thats nothing an after-market company can't fix. Overall this car is great. I love it!"

By on Thursday, July 17, 2008

My Octane Blue 09 ES Sport

By on Saturday, July 05, 2008

"Well, it has been about a month since I have purchased this new and needless to say, I am loving every opportunity to drive in it! First off, the looks of the Lancer always command me to look back at it once I exit. I love the aggressive exterior design. Aside from me looking at it, I always have a few outsiders glancing at the car at every drive I take! Pretty funny to receive some nods of older Lancer Evo drivers around here! The Interior just makes the drive much more enjoyable. Tip: You have to buy the Sun and Sound package. The Rockford Fosgate sound system just blows away every music track I own in clarity and overall quality. Plus, turning up the loud 10" Sub is fun to do from time to time. But overall, there were two huge factors that sold me. First off was the impressive gas mileage. My average commute I can get around 27. On the highway I can average about 31-33 MPG. This is definitely a step up from my previous Oldsmobile Alero I traded in for this! Secondly, the handling. This car is one of the most fun to drive cars I've driven in a while. After an extensive test drive, I didn't want to leave the wheel! Just recently I went over to Letchworth State Park and it handled beautifully there. No problem whatsoever with the tight, skinny roads! My only complaint is what others have mentioned when researching this car before I bought it. The interior is fairly easy to scratch. Once knowing that, I've been pretty cautious swinging my foot out the door and handling the center console. Once inside and seated though, you really don't have to worry unless you like flinging your shoes around! Also, I slightly regret not purchasing the GTS model. I have the ES Sport, which basically includes everything the GTS model has except for the 16hp boost (with very slight difference in gas mileage) and the bigger rims. But I'm very pleased with this purchase! Overall and most importantly, this is a very fun and efficient car to drive. In the day of high gas prices, this car doesn't make you feel sad to drive around and fuel up. You owe it to at least test drive one!"

great handling

By on Thursday, July 03, 2008

"i have had this car for 1 year now and i have to say that is handles GREAT!!!! i also like the fact that you don't feel it shift at all. it is a smooth transition from 1 gear to another, it also has a lot of get up and go"

Very good car

By on Monday, June 30, 2008

"I think it is a good car for the money, the interior could use a little work. It does accelerate a little slow at first but I'm still getting used to it. It's very sharp looking, great sound system, and love the 5 speed."

2008 Mitsu Lancer ES

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"I Traded In A 2005 Chevy Cavalier And I Actually Miss It. I Expected More Power From The Lancer. My Cavalier Actually Was Faster 0-60. I Like The Handling. I Like The New Look. Once You Get Past 20 MPH I Love The Speed And Acceleration. The Braking Takes A Little Getting Used To But Its Really Good. Interior Is A Little Plasticky But They Made It Look Good. I Wish I Would've Been Able To Afford An ES Model With More Packages Such As Technology And Appearance. You Dont Really Need The Sound Package Cuz The Speakers Are Fine Unless You Want It For The Sun Roof. I Think The Car Is A Little Over Priced For Standard But Overall Its A Great Vehicle And I Dont Regret It."

excellent car!

By on Sunday, June 15, 2008

"just got the car few weeks ago, traded my beetle... and i love this car !!! interior feels a lil bit plastic but i guess that why its under 25T excellent sound system exellent handling excellent body style... i would definetly recommend this to a friend!"

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Great car

By on Sunday, May 11, 2008

"I traded in my 01 Lincoln LS for an 09 GTS and I'm not missing that LS at all. The features are awesome for the price and the overall feel of the car is amazing. While being a little tight on your larger passengers (I myself being 6'4" 240lbs) Its still a comfortable ride with the only thing I miss from lincoln being the ability to pull the steering wheel away from the dash, rather than just move it up and down. The larger motor gives it some decent kick when you put the pedal to the floor but by no means are you going to outrun a GT Mustang or some of the faster imports on the market. The handling is superb, the Rockford Fosgate premium stereo system, with included 10" sub in the trunk, sounds perfect and the FAST Keyless entry system is beyond perfect for people needed to, no play on words intended, be fast. It's a great car for a great price with upgrades that can be found quickly and easilly be either going through your Mitsubishi dealership or through the closest local tuner shop."

Not bad at all..

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"The new 168hp engine gives the 2009 Lancer the much needed kick so many consumers had asked for. I appreciate that the new engine still takes regular gas, considering current prices. The car is spirited and fun to drive, holds its own on sharp corners and the breaking is solid. The clutch in the 5speed is forgiving and shifting is smooth. The premium audio system is amazing and the in-dash navigation system is easy to use. My only quirk is that the interior build quality leaves much to be desired. The fabric feels cheap and the automatic climate control system doesn’t actually show the temperature electronically- you rotate a knob to what looks like might be (X) degrees. Overall, when compared to my Mazda3, the interior just doesn’t match up. I will say though that the 2009 GTS is more fun to drive."

not bad,.not bad

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2008

"Nice for the price. does alot and more. More pros than cons. The 2 cons for me is that the gps maps loading in the car are 3 years old!!!! and that to look so mean and to have that aggresive front end. It just screams power but only 152hp GTS stands for Going Too Slow!!!"

LANCER ES

By on Sunday, March 23, 2008

"I have had my 5 SP Manual ES for about a week now and love it. If you dont mind a stick shift opt for the manual since it provides alot extra speed and excitment. The best auto in the $ Teens $"

By on Friday, March 21, 2008

Great Styling...but slow

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2008

"I love my GTS...the CVT is fun, but slow. It has a mild, full body kit which looks great, but at 5.3" height, it needs to be lowered about 2" to match the body styling. It's perfect for someone who wants a stylish, sporty, affordable car without the need for speed. Pros: tight steering & braking, comfort, style Cons: slow, ground height"

By on Sunday, February 24, 2008

By on Friday, February 08, 2008

Mitsubishi Inspiring, but Slow

By on Sunday, February 03, 2008

"My biggest complaint would be the CVT Transmission, but that's my opinion. It feels like the transmission is slipping under hard acceleration. Also, quality-wise, on the interstate the inside temperature in the vehicle becomes cooler due to the insulation of the firewall. Road noise is high at higher speeds. But, for the price, it's a hard car to beat. Looks great and I get a lot of compliments!"

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Great for Price

By on Tuesday, January 08, 2008

"First time Mitsubishi buyer. The new look caught my eye at the dealership. The non-GTS versions looked cheap, so the slighly extra money was well worth the upgrade. Ride and handling is great. Acceleration is a bit slower than expected. A slight delay with initial acceleration. The engine should've been bigger than 2.0 to handle the weight of this car. After 12K miles, the acceleration improved. I'm surprised the 2.0 engine only gets 29 hwy. My 1993 Toyota Camry 2.4 was getting 30 hwy even after 14 years of good maintenance. I haven't gotten used to the paddle shifting to make it efficient so I just keep it in automatic. CVT is great; can't feel the shifting of the transmission. Love the sound system and subwoofer. However, there's no immediate Random shuffle (hitting the Random button to play another randomly selected song). It only shuffles after a song is done. My 2000 Aiwa MP3 in-dash player and my 2007 Hyundai Entourage also shuffles when you hit the Random button. And if you fast forward to the end of the song, it doesn't shuffle, it plays the next song. Barbaric. So now I have to buy an iPod. The driver seat should have come with electronic seat adjustment. Other than those idiosyncrasies, all my friends and coworkers have been very impressed with this car."

Previous | 1 ... 10 11 12 13 | Next