2014 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,328 - $16,835.

10/5.6

Based on 316 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Good econo car

By on Thursday, October 30, 2008

"The 08-09 Lancer DS/ES serves its purpose well; gets good MPG while looking cool. That's about it though. I sold my '07 RX-8 which got 18 MPG at best and I thought I could live with less of a car for better MPG, but ehh, not really. Mitsubishi forgot to build "Fun" into the equation when designing the Lancer. This car is about as fun as driving a tug-boat. No power, soft suspension, and iff quality. The car understeers on even the softest corners and the transmission is so ill-matched to the engine that you can never get a good rythm with shifting. All said, I miss my RX-8, but at 32 MPG with the Lancer I can't complain too much. Sometimes I even hit 42 MPG which is cool. So, if you are thinking of trading in your "Fun" car for this econo car don't do it. Buy a cheaper car and find a way to keep both. Pro's: Excellent MPG (especially for such a heavy car), big trunk, tons of back seat room, comfortable seats, lots of digital display instrument feedback, tight turning radius, looks cool, cheap overal price. Con's: NO POWER (2.0L) Gearing seems all wrong (MT), Super soft suspension, tons of body roll, interior is marginal, climate controls look like Mattel designed them, OE tires are noisy."

Great Car for the Money

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pros: "Low Price, Big Style"

Cons: "No Arm Rest."

"I traded in my 2002 Diamante (I LOVED LOVED THAT CAR ) and going from a full sized road beast to this little sedan was not as big a shock as I thought it would be, it has a lot of room and has comfort to the design. The main reason was the price, my sticker was 17,700 but with the 2500. rebate and the 500 loyalty program it was a no brainer. I guess the focus was the closest to this car but the Ford had little to no inventive and I thought the styling for the Focus was just ugly. The Lancer is Clean and Sharp looking and drives very well...I would buy another one but next time would go for the sport back (Wagon). No Regrets but do not like the gas reader, it's not very accurate but non the less I love this car."

car drives very well

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "nice car, drives great"

Cons: "don't like the black interior"

"this is my second lancer, I enjoy the drive and ride, but I don't like the black interior it picks up everything...would have chosen a different interior color,over all very nice car. My first lancer I had for 10 years, not one bit of problem with it.....hope this one will do as well."

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "reliable, good looking, fun to drive, comfortable"

Cons: "not the best mileage averaged 24"

"I bought the manual lancer gts and I got a chance to drive my friends Lancer gts which has the cvt transmission. My friend drove the cvt for 5 years and it was a great car. The engine stays at a very low rpm (just below 2000 for the cvt) and gets good gas mileage if you don't have a lead foot. Same goes for the manual but at 70 mph the engine spins at 3000 rpm which is a bit high. Still I averaged 24 mpg (city and highway driving). I got a chance to take both the cvt and the manual for some spirited driving on highway 9 and both are a blast to drive. Both cars aren't very quick but the manual is a bit faster and is also more reliable. For anyone planning on buying a Lancer I would suggest getting the manual especially if you are buying it used. Haven't ran into any transmission problems with the manual for 106000 miles. My friend had to replace his transmission at 100000 miles."

Fun to Drive

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Great handling,"

Cons: "5 speed needs to be a six,Rear Spoiler block view"

Clean lines

"This car is REALLY fun to drive, It has good pick up and handles great, The 5 speed needs to be a 6 speed is my biggest complaint RPM's are very high at high way speed, poor mileage on the highway, second would be that the rear spoiler completely blocks the rear view. I get around 18 mpg with it. I drive somewhere between average and aggressive. I like the quick pick up so I take off quicker than most but I cruise around the speed limit. I get a lot of compliments on the car."

Clean lines