2014 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,398 - $16,887.

10/5.6

Based on 314 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Great AWD for the price

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pros: "warranty term, sporty look, awd"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I purchased this 2015 Lancer SE because it was the cheapest brand new AWD vehicle. The gas mileage isn't great but the car is perfect for someone who does a lot of traveling but wants the added security of AWD. I drive about 55 miles per day and avergae around 26mpg in this vehicle. You also can't beat the 5 year bumper to bumper warranty!"

Love this car for high speeds ...and just looking

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive,fast,turbo,AWD, mean looking"

Cons: "jerky transmission"

"I have so much that I can say about this car, but I'll keep it short. If you want a car that can pick up speed fast when you're already going 70 mph, the Lancer Ralliart is awesome! If you frequently get stuck in stop and go traffic, you will likely get annoyed. This car is a little jerky in stop and go situations as it straddles between 1st and 2nd gear. You can feel the engine wishing it could just open up and GO! The interior is a mix of sporty and luxury, but more sporty. I drive 1-1/2 every day too and from work and this car makes it so much more enjoyable. You never get tired of hearing the turbo either. I've taken this car in off road situations and it handled really well. I live in AZ and there's soft dirt that 2wd cars get stuck in and that didn't happen with the ralliart. I probably won't get rid of this car until its repair bills are more than it's worth. I haven't had to do anything to it except regular maintenance (tires, brakes, oil) If you are thinking about getting a ralliart, DO IT ALREADY! !"

Incredible car for the price

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "turn circle, Recaros, headlights, reliability,"

Cons: "Exhaust note no macho"

"Ralliart has multiple outstanding qualities not usually mentioned in reviews: 1)Turning circle is awesomely tight;2) Recaro seats are the most supportive and comfortable ever; 3) Car has been totally reliable, literally no unscheduled work needed in 58K miles; 4) Accel is great for the price; 5) HID beam pattern is the best I've seen anywhere, both low and high beam."

Great daily driver

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "Looks, value, comfort."

Cons: "Power, too much hard plastic & tighter suspension"

"This is the 4th Mitsubishi I have owned. I purchased my kids twin lancers in 2003 and a large Montero in 1994 - while waiting for our new Mercedes to be built this 2012 Lancer SE has impressed as a daily driver. We added the rear spoiler and rear defuser and fog lamps which makes this black beauty a real looker. Only wish they did not use so much hard plastic on the surface. The motor could use more power but enough to get around town. On road trips great gas mileage."

excellant car to own or drive anywhere in the us.

By on Sunday, September 07, 2014

"Car is fast and responsive in country or city. Fast excelleration to get off the the stop signs to main lanes quickly."

Good Vehicle, be ready for empty gas tanks!

By on Friday, August 29, 2014

Pros: "listed above"

Cons: "listed above"

"Car is exactly what you would expect from a small turbo compact. It has reallly low end torque, but at about 5th gear it begins to dog alittle. Sportronic shift is nice especially the multi-transmission mode. I don't use it much though. Eats up gas, disappointing especially in comparison to fuel milege on diesel turbo's out there. Don't be discouraged if insurance companies try to jack up your rates, there are insurance groups that will rate your car on your driving record alone, not just the stereotype of this car. Disappointed with the functional air scoops in the hood. Don't stand out like a WRX and are very restricted even though it looks open from the outside. 2 odd issues I have had, 1.) don't put your car keys in your pocket with Samsung S5 and expect to unlock the car with the keyless entry. The signal gets cancelled out. 2.) I lost all shift control of the odd gears after the car slid on an icy bridge and the antilock brakes went crazy. Had to restart the car to get 1,3,5 gears back. Overall great car, but if you are not used to driving a turbocharged engine, it takes some getting used to."

Mean and lean machine

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Drives great"

Cons: "Tinfoil doors, PDR guy becomes your best friend"

"This car is the best handling one in its class, do not even compare to those bland commuter mobiles with electric power steering. Advanced drivers appreciate the sharpness of steering, braking, and throttle response (no turbo lag). Manual transmission version (50 state emissions) of the GT has plenty of midrange power. No need to rev the engine. Being fast is more than just the 0-60 acceleration figure, its the cars ability to maintain the current velocity, braking for curves is many times optional with this car."

Great car for the price!

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pros: "Great price and very reliable!"

Cons: "Tire pressure sensors no good."

"The tire pressure sensors are no good in winter. Any time it is 20 degrees or less outside, they tell you your tires are low whether they are or not. You'll have to look at that warning on the screen until the weather warms up. Aside from that: great little car! Terrific mileage, and it has never not started for me no matter how cold it gets."

Good, reliable engine with low quality interior

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pros: "Affordable, fun to drive, reliable, sporty"

Cons: "Poor interior, poor speaker quality"

"I bought this car used with 22k miles, and the car now has 68k miles. I have not had to take the car to the shop for any reason other than maintenance. The engine is very reliable so far. I really enjoy the continuous transmission - the car never shifts and it feels really smooth. The road noise on this car is terrible. It is really, really loud on the highway on all the tires I have tried, unfortunately. I think that the molding on the car is just cheaply made, so a lot of sound gets through. That being said, unfortunately the interior is very poor quality. So many things have already broken. The fabric seats are very cheap and stain easily. If you as much as sit on it after swimming in a pool, the water stains will haunt you forever. Three out of the four vent adjustment knobs have broken, so we can't adjust which direction the air blows anymore. Also, the CD player broke as the car reached about 40k miles (radio works fine, though). Called the dealer and they said the warranty on it expired at 36k miles, though the warranty on the rest of the car doesn't expire until 60k. Bummer. Other than that, the car looks very nice and sporty on the outside. For the price, it is a great value. I would recommend that you spend a little more and get something much better, though."

Car gets good gas mileage and looks really sporty

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, good mileage, sporty look"

Cons: "issues with tire sensor"

"This is my first car and I love it. I love the mileage I get, I enjoy how cool it looks and the fact that I have a 5 speed manual that really picks up if I wanted to. It has a 6 cd changer which is cool and the Rockford Fosgate speakers that it came with makes it sound incredible. The only issue I have experienced is that my air stem for the tire broke and I had to buy a sensor for it. It fixed the problem although my car won't register that the sensor is fixed because the tpms service keeps coming up on my dashboard."

Great car for the Money. Very sharp exterior.

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "Dependable, good mileage, good handling, Sporty"

Cons: "Cheap feeling interior, Noisy trim"

"I bought my 2012 Lancer GT brand new from the dealer. I had test driven a few different Lancers in the 2 years previous to purchasing. Of course the exterior initially drew me in, the styling is fantastic. My specific car has a 5 speed manual with a 2.4L Mivec engine. For a naturally aspirated 4 cylinder the car has a lot of get up and go. Handling on the twisty mountain roads (which we have a lot of) is excellent. I'm a "spirited" driver and it does not let me down in the corners. It's 47000 miles later and I have not had one single problem with the car! The mechanicals are in great shape and the exterior has held up very well to some nasty PA winters. The interior is pretty plain but functional. The only complaint I have is the trim inside buzzes a bit when I have the music cranked. I almost forgot to mention....I average about 30 miles per gallon!! Overall an excellent car."

Great car

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

Pros: "Sporty look, Sporty drive"

Cons: "NOT the best MPG, Interiors"

"I bought my Lancer GTS with 63 miles, its been 3 years now and I never had any problems with it, the car is not the best car out there but its definitely okay for the price and definitely more fun to drive than some others like Ford, KIA, Hyundai or Toyota, a course not as powerful as the Evo but it can get you up to speed in a good time, the downside is the quality of the interiors which is not the best and besides Bluetooth and NAV it doesn't have any more luxuries."

Overall an astonishing vehicle!

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Affordable, fun, ease of access, super reliable."

Cons: "Interior noise from outside, easy-scratch interior"

"The 2012 Lancer GT is comfortable, stylish, fast enough for normal driving, VERY reliable, and overall an exhilarating machine to operate! The only downside of the car is the noise on the inside. You can hear the road and the wind fairly loud. Also, the interior plastic scratches super easy (but then again what car doesn't now-a-days?) Other than that I have no complaints at all!"

fun to run

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "good for long trips or short trips,"

Cons: "easy to speed"

"powerful, exciting, accelerates like a cat, very good on all road surfaces,"

Cons: "don't like the black interior"

"this is my second lancer, I enjoy the drive and ride, but I don't like the black interior it picks up everything...would have chosen a different interior color,over all very nice car. My first lancer I had for 10 years, not one bit of problem with it.....hope this one will do as well."

Cons: "don't like the black interior"

Amazing car packed with performance!

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "BANG FOR THE BUCK!!"

Cons: "Cheap interior cues (minus the Reacro seats)"

"This is one of the best handling cars on the road. It has great design cues and the drive and feel are amazing. Where it lacks are the econo plastic interior cues hidden by the amazing Recaro Bucket seat. It goes great in all types of weather if properly equipped tires are used. Its reliability is right on par with most import cars. The service on the car is costly as the fluids are not cheap! Overall I would say you would be hard pressed to find a car in this range that has the performance and all around capabilities of the EVO X. This is not a car for your everyday commuter, it is without a doubt a drivers car with performance in mind. so if you are looking for a plush ride and great MPG, just keep looking..."

Noisier the Century Link Stadium during a game

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Reason: noisy!!!

Pros: "None -stay far away"

Cons: "Too many to list"

"Road noise was horrendous. Bluetooth useless. Felt like made by fisher-price. Resale was terrible."

Great car for the price!

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "Good price, lots of features, aggressive styling"

Cons: "no telescoping steering wheel, lots of plastic"

the eyes!

"I absolutely love this car. Paired with a 5 speed manual transmission, the car is responsive and fun to drive. the fuse system is very convenient, and the stock stereo comes with all the features you want in a head unit."

the eyes!

the one thing I dislike about this car is

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

"The exaust ...it is very bad"

Best vehicle I ever owned

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "Fun and easy to drive. Very good on snow."

"Very dependable. Only replaced a tie rod since purchased new. Finally did a brake job. Due to carelessness tire changing, had 2 tire monitor sensors replaced. Overall a very dependable vehicle used to drive 100 miles a day back and forth to work."

Great car!

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, great gas mileage"

Cons: "bad in snow"

"I absolutely love my 2009 Lancer! It gets great gas mileage and is very reliable. The only reason I gave it a 7/10 in reliability is because I live in Colorado and it does not do well in the snow. I have all weather tires on it and it does ok, but hills on snowy days are always an event. I have had hardly any mechanical issues with it. Nothing outside the usual maintenance. Considering my car is going on it's 5th year it still feels and looks brand new. Also the warranty is very good and the mechanics at the dealership are helpful and honest. I couldn't be happier and would highly recommend looking at Mitsubishi."

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "reliable, good looking, fun to drive, comfortable"

Cons: "not the best mileage averaged 24"

"I bought the manual lancer gts and I got a chance to drive my friends Lancer gts which has the cvt transmission. My friend drove the cvt for 5 years and it was a great car. The engine stays at a very low rpm (just below 2000 for the cvt) and gets good gas mileage if you don't have a lead foot. Same goes for the manual but at 70 mph the engine spins at 3000 rpm which is a bit high. Still I averaged 24 mpg (city and highway driving). I got a chance to take both the cvt and the manual for some spirited driving on highway 9 and both are a blast to drive. Both cars aren't very quick but the manual is a bit faster and is also more reliable. For anyone planning on buying a Lancer I would suggest getting the manual especially if you are buying it used. Haven't ran into any transmission problems with the manual for 106000 miles. My friend had to replace his transmission at 100000 miles."

Amazing

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "Too many to mention...amazing car."

Cons: "ACD pump relocation if winter driven"

"Fast and the most amazing vehicle I've ever owned...love it. Price compared to ability is unmatched by any other car."