• 2014 Compact Cars

2014 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,669 - $18,185.

10/5.6

Based on 301 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Great car

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, economical 33mpg highway, reliable"

Cons: "A little slow, interior upholstery could be better"

"I have owned this car for five years now. It has been the most reliable car I have ever had. It is stylish and has plenty of extras. Not the fastest car in the world but it is plenty quick if you choose to use the CVT Manual Transmission. Would recommend to anyone who wants a car that looks sporty and is very economical."

Great car for a daily driver but paint chips alot

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "Evo Looks, Wing, Mpg, Seat Comfort, Interior Room"

Cons: "Thin Paint, Rattles, Cheap plastic, Flimsy Visor"

"I have a 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer ES model, I currently have 15k miles on it and so far no problem. The ES model has 148 HP, decent acceleration and passing power on the freeway. But you'll definitely hear engine noise if u step on the gas. Exterior is excellent, this car has the looks of an EVO X, many mistakes it for an EVO because I paint my front grill black just like an Evo. This car still looks fresh eventhough the design has been out since 08. Interior has too much plastic, rattles on the driver side door, wind noise on freeway speed. But very simple easy to use gauges, buttons and layout. Seats are comfy for short and long trips, 3 adults fits in the back seat just fine with lots of head & leg room. Thist car handles well on corners, steering has tight feel to it. 16 inch alloy wheels with yokohama tires soaks up bumps just fine but you will still a little of road roughness. Gas mileage is decent, the mileage on the sticker is accurate. 460 miles on a full tank. Overall, this car has been a very daily driver, but the paint chips easily, i have a couple of rock chips on the hood and side skirt. The warranty doesnt cover rock chips repair, paint has to be peeled or faded for them to cover it. Dont get fooled by the 148 hp, cos this car has power. Just Shift it perfectly and youll get from 0-60 in 7 sec. Im satisfied with my car my Mitsu. Oh and MItsu has the best warranty!"

A lot of car for the money.

By on Friday, January 22, 2010

"Our 2008 Lancer GTS was our first new car purchase. This car has turned out to be incredibly reliable and fun to drive. The reasons for only four stars in some categories are as follows: Quality-The Electric Blue paint is a little thin and this makes it vulnerable to tiny chips from extended highway driving. The faux carbon fiber trim pieces don't hold up well to southern summers. Ours started to haze over within the first year of ownership, and the dealership would not replace it. Performance-The power from the engine is enough for daily driving, but leaves a lot to be desired in spirited driving. My wife and I have termed the engine "The Little Sewing Machine That Could". The handling in wet/dry weather is outstanding, I would be willing to put this car through corners at higher speeds than my BMW 330i...I haven't driven many cars that I can say that about. If purchasing, keep in mind that the Electric Blue is absolutely beautiful on the car. That being said, it WILL turn a lot of heads, sometimes when you don't want it. This color was only produced for the 2008 model year, so you will have to pick between the color or RalliArt performance that became available in 2009. The Rockford Fosgate sound system is one of the best factory sound systems I've ever heard. Our reliable little sewing machine took our family from Florida to the North West corner of Washington State without any problems and averaged above the rated MPG's the whole trip, even when "pushed" hard through the mountain passes."

Great car!

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, great gas mileage"

Cons: "bad in snow"

"I absolutely love my 2009 Lancer! It gets great gas mileage and is very reliable. The only reason I gave it a 7/10 in reliability is because I live in Colorado and it does not do well in the snow. I have all weather tires on it and it does ok, but hills on snowy days are always an event. I have had hardly any mechanical issues with it. Nothing outside the usual maintenance. Considering my car is going on it's 5th year it still feels and looks brand new. Also the warranty is very good and the mechanics at the dealership are helpful and honest. I couldn't be happier and would highly recommend looking at Mitsubishi."

Great Car for the Money

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pros: "Low Price, Big Style"

Cons: "No Arm Rest."

"I traded in my 2002 Diamante (I LOVED LOVED THAT CAR ) and going from a full sized road beast to this little sedan was not as big a shock as I thought it would be, it has a lot of room and has comfort to the design. The main reason was the price, my sticker was 17,700 but with the 2500. rebate and the 500 loyalty program it was a no brainer. I guess the focus was the closest to this car but the Ford had little to no inventive and I thought the styling for the Focus was just ugly. The Lancer is Clean and Sharp looking and drives very well...I would buy another one but next time would go for the sport back (Wagon). No Regrets but do not like the gas reader, it's not very accurate but non the less I love this car."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25