2014 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,145 - $18,578.

10/5.6

Based on 309 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

A lot of car for the money.

By on Friday, January 22, 2010

"Our 2008 Lancer GTS was our first new car purchase. This car has turned out to be incredibly reliable and fun to drive. The reasons for only four stars in some categories are as follows: Quality-The Electric Blue paint is a little thin and this makes it vulnerable to tiny chips from extended highway driving. The faux carbon fiber trim pieces don't hold up well to southern summers. Ours started to haze over within the first year of ownership, and the dealership would not replace it. Performance-The power from the engine is enough for daily driving, but leaves a lot to be desired in spirited driving. My wife and I have termed the engine "The Little Sewing Machine That Could". The handling in wet/dry weather is outstanding, I would be willing to put this car through corners at higher speeds than my BMW 330i...I haven't driven many cars that I can say that about. If purchasing, keep in mind that the Electric Blue is absolutely beautiful on the car. That being said, it WILL turn a lot of heads, sometimes when you don't want it. This color was only produced for the 2008 model year, so you will have to pick between the color or RalliArt performance that became available in 2009. The Rockford Fosgate sound system is one of the best factory sound systems I've ever heard. Our reliable little sewing machine took our family from Florida to the North West corner of Washington State without any problems and averaged above the rated MPG's the whole trip, even when "pushed" hard through the mountain passes."

Great car

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, economical 33mpg highway, reliable"

Cons: "A little slow, interior upholstery could be better"

"I have owned this car for five years now. It has been the most reliable car I have ever had. It is stylish and has plenty of extras. Not the fastest car in the world but it is plenty quick if you choose to use the CVT Manual Transmission. Would recommend to anyone who wants a car that looks sporty and is very economical."

Great Car for the Money

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pros: "Low Price, Big Style"

Cons: "No Arm Rest."

"I traded in my 2002 Diamante (I LOVED LOVED THAT CAR ) and going from a full sized road beast to this little sedan was not as big a shock as I thought it would be, it has a lot of room and has comfort to the design. The main reason was the price, my sticker was 17,700 but with the 2500. rebate and the 500 loyalty program it was a no brainer. I guess the focus was the closest to this car but the Ford had little to no inventive and I thought the styling for the Focus was just ugly. The Lancer is Clean and Sharp looking and drives very well...I would buy another one but next time would go for the sport back (Wagon). No Regrets but do not like the gas reader, it's not very accurate but non the less I love this car."

Great car

By on Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"I bought my 08 lancer in Oct. of 07. I had read all the reviews at the time and all the specs. I loved the new design and the fact that it has 7 air bags. I choose the 5 speed manual because I didn't like the feel of the CVT. Now after 51000 miles I have only one complaint, the factory installed tires are junk. Other then that no problems at all. I get a consistant 32 to 35 mpgs on the freeway, thats the differance between 65 and 85 mph. After putting new tires on it at 25000 miles, I choose BFGs traction T/As, the handling and ride improved greatly over the factory tires. Love the 5 speed, the engine has enough power to run up hills at 65 mph with 4 passengers and a trunk load of camping gear with out down shifting. Would I buy one again you betch."

Good econo car

By on Thursday, October 30, 2008

"The 08-09 Lancer DS/ES serves its purpose well; gets good MPG while looking cool. That's about it though. I sold my '07 RX-8 which got 18 MPG at best and I thought I could live with less of a car for better MPG, but ehh, not really. Mitsubishi forgot to build "Fun" into the equation when designing the Lancer. This car is about as fun as driving a tug-boat. No power, soft suspension, and iff quality. The car understeers on even the softest corners and the transmission is so ill-matched to the engine that you can never get a good rythm with shifting. All said, I miss my RX-8, but at 32 MPG with the Lancer I can't complain too much. Sometimes I even hit 42 MPG which is cool. So, if you are thinking of trading in your "Fun" car for this econo car don't do it. Buy a cheaper car and find a way to keep both. Pro's: Excellent MPG (especially for such a heavy car), big trunk, tons of back seat room, comfortable seats, lots of digital display instrument feedback, tight turning radius, looks cool, cheap overal price. Con's: NO POWER (2.0L) Gearing seems all wrong (MT), Super soft suspension, tons of body roll, interior is marginal, climate controls look like Mattel designed them, OE tires are noisy."