2014 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,598 - $18,339.

10/5.6

Based on 325 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

I love my car!

By on Thursday, December 13, 2012

Pros: "Awesome price, drives smooth, great sound system,"

Cons: "not enough trunk space, no rear dome light"

"I bought this car in May of 2007. As of today (12/13/12) I have not had any problems, mechanical or otherwise, with the car. This car has been on trips to Virginia (2 months after we bought it), Orlando a few times, Pennsylvania, and Texas. It still drives great. I love the sound system and navigation system in the car. The bluetooth is very useful. I just love driving it! After 5 1/2 years I still can't wait to get in and drive it every day. I don't like that there is no rear dome light, but that's the downfall to having a sunroof. The only reason I am wanting to trade it in is because I want something a bit bigger due to expanding my family, only because the trunk will fit the stroller and nothing else. If it weren't for that I would keep this car till it fell apart, which would be a very long time judging by the condition it is still in after 5 1/2 years."

Solid car, but lacking in fit and finish

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "Handling, exterior styling, front seats, A/C"

Cons: "Ride, Rattles/Squeaks, interior materials, paint"

"I have a 2010 GTS Sportback and am generally pleased with it. Decent performance, low price, nice exterior styling (looks more expensive than it is), comfortable seats, great air conditioner, good handling. That said, it does have very cheap interior materials (my old 2002 Mazda had better plastics), there are a number of buzzes and rattles and it rides like an old mini-pickup and the paint is paper thin and easily scratched/chipped. Plus the MPG is pretty lackluster. I get 20 in city, 26 on the highway. The main draw for me was the styling and low price (got a great discount on a new leftover 2010). It was about 3K-4K less than a comparable Mazda3 or Honda Civic."

Favorite yet!

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "Great value, great driving, lots of options"

Cons: "Trunk space, semi-bland interior."

"I have owned Subarus and got a lot of flack from my car buddies about switching to this. But I loved the transmission and made the swap. Since day 1 I have loved this car. You get a ton of features for a great price. It gets better than book gas mileage on the interstate too. If I take it easy and keep about 70mph, you'll get around 28-30 mpg! In winter it handles ice and snow without a problem. My real only complaint is that the trunk space took a hit when they built it to accommodate a larger cabin. You can't fit a standard 22" carry-on on it's side."

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "BLAST to drive, very fast!"

Cons: "high price, cheap interior."

this in mine!!!

"This is by far the greatest car i have ever owned! car handles like a dream and is the quickest car in its price range!"

this in mine!!!

Truly the Best of Both Worlds!

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "Sporty, fun to drive, and great price!"

Cons: "Small tires, no standard backup camera, and MPG."

"My 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart is essentially the perfect balance between sportiness and handling on the one side, and comfort and economy on the other. The car really shines when it comes to acceleration and steering feel. The keyless entry and engine start are very convenient features. And the twin-clutch semi-automatic gearbox is quick, efficient, and a lot of fun! There are four minor things that I would change about this car if I wanted it to be "perfect." It could use a little bit wider tires for better lateral traction. I wish that a backup camera would have been included as standard equipment. It would be nice if it achieved slightly better fuel economy. And the transmission could be a little bit smoother especially while driving under 10 MPH. Aside from those four minor issues, the 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart is a practically perfect vehicle that I would highly recommend for anyone who wants to enjoy sportiness for a great price without any major compromises in practicality."

Great value for money

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "Price, Handling, Features, Looks, Comfort,warranty"

Cons: "Brakes, Mileage, Poor dealership service"

"Excellent car for the money, considering what I paid for it(14k taxes). Its got far more room, a lot more features, great looks and is much better to drive than the cars which were its direct competitors (based on price alone : Nissan Versa / Sentra, Chevy Cruze, Ford fiesta, Hyundai Accent"

very surprised

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "build quality, handling, sound system, reliable"

Cons: "ride"

"bought this car spring 07 never had any problems. The only thing about my Lancer is the ruff ride on the 18 inch rims and low profile tires. That is to be expected. It handles really well. I do alot of hwy driving but only get 26 mpg. I swear i have no squeaks or rattles. Gonna keep it to 100k and try something else."

My 2nd Lancer

By on Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"This is my second lancer the first one is from 2002 and I still have it and never had any problem. So I got this new one (2008) it it first came out and I still love my car. It still running like new and never have any issue with it."

Works great! Good Buy!

By on Friday, March 12, 2010

"I am very pleased with my mitsubishi Lancer 09. I previously owned a Lancer 05 and did a trade in. I have had it for a year and has given me no problems what so ever. I love the style. My only recent problem is that my family is growing and I am afraid I might have to get an SUV instead. Hopefully I'll get to keep it:) Thank you Mitsubishi!"

Great car

By on Saturday, February 06, 2010

"I bought used 2009 Lancer ES. It has great handling and great acceleration because of CVT. This car has better handling and acceleration than Camry. My only concerns are that Engine sound is a little noisy and the door thickness is less than Camry. But cost performance is better than Camry."

Great car!

By on Tuesday, December 29, 2009

"I love this car. I wish it was a little cheaper for the GTS model, but it has great handling, great kick for a four banger, and the body style looks great. Happy to be a owner."

great buy

By on Monday, June 29, 2009

"i love this car. i have been reading other reviews on here that are not about the ralliart mainly about the GTS but i have the ralliart. the twin cluth transmission that a lot of manual lover knock is actually great its very responsive and can shift way faster than anyone driving a stick. the acceleration on it is good it puts u in your seat. i drove this car from ohio to cali and have no complaints.the keyless start and the fast key to open your door is a nice feature u never have to take your keys out of your pocket. but ive had this car for about a month now and love it its a great car for the money it has room in the back seat for passangers and is quick. maybe the only thing i have against it is the gas mileage but i was used to driving a car that got 30 mpg combined."

My First Car

By on Monday, June 22, 2009

"The car looks great and is very reliable but the interior is made of some cheap plastics which are easy to scratch. Performance is also not great but improved after I installed a new exhaust. Overall a great first car but if you have the money go for the 09 GTS version instead more power for just a little more money."

car drives very well

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "nice car, drives great"

Cons: "don't like the black interior"

"this is my second lancer, I enjoy the drive and ride, but I don't like the black interior it picks up everything...would have chosen a different interior color,over all very nice car. My first lancer I had for 10 years, not one bit of problem with it.....hope this one will do as well."

Great Small Sedan

By on Thursday, January 03, 2013

Pros: "great price, great mpg, smooth ride"

Cons: "small cup holders, slides in snow (light)"

"This was a mileage driven purchase, the Lancer has exceeded it's mpg rating (Typically 35 mpg). It has a smooth ride and performs very well in the 30 to 70 mph range."

Best car ever owned...

By on Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pros: "Performance, Wet/snowy day capability, practical"

Cons: "fuel mileage"

"Performance, Practicallity and looks. This car is AMAZING!!! The Ralliart's TCSST transmission is aplomb, as is the engine. PLUS, its a Sportback as well so picnics, bikes, costco stuff etc., everything fits. The only drawback is the mpg are horrendous if on the throtle. But if driving normally, 20-23 mpg mixed. LOVE IT!!!!"

hotrod

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pros: "Acceleration give a kick in the pants"

"Plenty of power, excellent drivetrane."

Greatest Car Overall for the Money

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

"I love this car. The sportback can swallow cargo like no other. Great value. Great gas mileage. We have seen 35 on the hwy! Fun and sporty. The GTS handles like you wouldn't believe. Great sound system with the Rockford! Love it"

Nearly a super car

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Price, Drivability, Upkeep, MPGs, Fun"

Cons: "Your likely to see another one or more on the road"

"I grew up in Florida and never drove in snow until I was stationed in Oklahoma. I have no doubt the traction controls have saved my car and possibly my life in a few close calls. I never got comfortable enough in the ice and snow to see what the car could really do but I have trusted its abilities in order to avoid people that pushed their vehicles too far. While I can’t speak for the performance in the snow, I have lived on dirt roads all my life and grew up driving on them. As I got older and more comfortable in the driver’s seats of my first few cars I started to see what I could get them to do in the dirt and mud. Driving both front and rear wheel, I have ended up in my share of ditches and bushes. When I got my Evo X, it was my first all wheel drive and it took me no time to get acquainted with its handling on black top and in the dirt. I was blown away by the cars ability to get me through some dicey, self inflicted situations. In every control setting the car would practically refuse to let loose. The response of this car is unbelievable. The steering has great feedback and the seats are perfect for throwing it into corners with little or no movement of the driver and front passenger. It has real leg room for the back seat passengers and this car is practical for everyday driving. I get great gas mileage (~22 city/ ~27 highway) but I don’t race from red light to red light. Sense buying this car (new) I have never thought about getting a different one. I have owned 9 cars in the past 9 years and the Evo X is the only one that hasn’t left me wanting for more. I got it fully loaded with every option and I can’t believe how much I paid. You will pay more for less with most other cars that consider themselves of higher value."

Very happy

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"We love the gas mileage. 38 highway on trips and 32 mpg per tank on our normal weekly driving. The trunk is surprisingly big and plenty of room in the back seats for average adults. The cvt transmission took a little getting use to but is super smooth on cruise control"

I love this car

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pros: "Great price, great features"

"This is a great car. I have had it for 9 months now and still love it. I have driven it across the country with no problems whatsoever. I love that it is not a large car, but inside is very roomy. The trunk is huge, and the backseats fold down to make it even larger. I am quite short, so visibility is often an issue for me in cars. I can see very well out of my Lancer. You also get a lot of features and a fantastic warranty for the price. This is a great car!"

Great gas mileage

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "smooth ride,great mileage , and interior features"

Cons: "super weak power wise , and a little noisy"

"Yeah i know that its not the evo x but i still think that the cvt transmission is holding back the car . I bought it with the knowledge that it was a cvt transmission but i didnt know it would suck this bad . Other then the lacking power its a great car , excellent mileage i get 24 mpg in the city and 33 on the highway . Super smooth ride kind of suprised me . The options that my lancer has makes it nice the seats are comfortable controls on the steering wheel and handsfree for the cell phone which can stream music love that option. Like i said in the begining great car just need more power makes it hard to get on the freeway!!!!!"

Love it

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "Fast. AWD."

Cons: "price"

"This is not average car! Excellent Handling. Amazing acceleration. Comfortable interior. Eye catching exterior. Good gas mileage AWD"

Awesome

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

"Fast"

I love this car!

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive with a cool look"

Cons: "GPS map not updated"

"I love everything about this vehicle. The way it drives, the features, its look and style and everything in between are excellent. I love the outside appearance. The in car bluetooth and navigation are amazing."