2005 Mitsubishi Lancer

Based on 598 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

Reliable

By on Thursday, May 21, 2009

"I have had the 2002 ES model for over 4 years now. The car has had no major problems. I try not to push the car too hard in hopes of extending its life as much as possible. So far, so good. Gas mileage 28 to 32 mpg. Roomier than one would expect. I am well over 6' and have plenty of room. Decent sound system. Perhaps too much on the bass side, but its cool if you like that. Respectable get up and go, but some may prefer a bit more power. Changing the oil is not a hassle or over expensive. Small tires do not last long. I feel it is worth getting a better, more expensive tire that will last longer. It can be loud driving down the highway, especially on a highway that is not very smooth. Overall, I have gotten my money's worth out of this car and hope to use it for more years to come."

great value for great price

By on Thursday, January 10, 2008

"This is one of the best cars I have seen for the money. Bought the car in 03 with a 100k warranty and never once had to use it! Basically, all I have had to do to this car is change the brakes, oil and tires and nothing else. This has been one of the most reliable cars I have ever owned. Previous to this car, I owned an 01 Stratus R/T and I hate to say it, but other than having less power, this car drives nicer than my $20,000 plus sports car. This car does have a few drawbacks. The seats are not the most comfortable and get worse with time and it also gets quite cramped in the car when you start adding car seats for children. It is also underpowered but I suppose it does help to keep the mileage up. Overall, you will not find a nicer car for the money and I would reccomend this car to anyone with less than 3 children. I have put over 114,000 miles on my car and have had no issues whatsoever! Unfortunately, I have child #3 on the way so I will probably have to trade this in. If I did not need more room, I would keep this one or trade it in for a newer one."

Wonderful Vehicle!

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "drives great- looks great- very little maintenance"

Cons: "no cassette player - so/so mileage"

"This has been a terrific car. No major repairs other than maintenance. Everything has lasted for as long as the 9 yrs. I've had it. The only regret is the low mileage, about 22 mpg. With gas prices as they are, I'm going to have to look for a higher-mileage car in 2013."

Dependable Entry Level Economy Car

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pros: "Dependable"

Cons: "Road Noise"

"I bought this car new in '05. What I love about this car is dependability. I have put 135,000 miles on this car and I have not had one issue with it. I have enjoyed driving this car because it is fast enough for most drivers, the turning radius is really good, comfortable and no blind spots. My only complaint about the car is it does have excessive road noise. The road noise isn't an issue normally but people have complained on the other end of the phone line. Overall, I have enjoyed owning it."

By on Saturday, April 05, 2008

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Lancer near Honolulu. See local deals