• 2014 Compact Car Buyer's Guide

2014 Mitsubishi i-MiEV Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,826 - $22,748.

9.4

Based on 7 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

10.0/10
Per Page:  5 | 10

This is a great car!

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive and no gas"

Cons: "limited range and depreciation"

"The iMiev is a great car that I truly enjoy driving daily. As i maneuver in and out of traffic, find the most incredible parking spaces and smile back at the looks and questions I get about the iMiev. Electric cars are the way to go and Mitsubishi has done a great job on building this one."

Great car - unless the outside temp is below 20F

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Peppy motor, low cost to operate, roomy inside"

Cons: "No audio input jack, heater could be better"

"I have had my iMiEV for almost a year and it is a fun and economical car to drive. The electric utility company gave me a separate meter with lower rates at night. My bill runs between $15 and $20 per month! But we have had a unusually cold winter and my feet have gotten cold even with the heater blasting. In the morning the car is in a semi warm garage and I can preheat the car. But when I leave work and the temp is only 12 degrees, my feet are "frozen" by the time I get home."

More than I expected!

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"Ok, I've only owned the peanut for a short period of time, but this is my thoughts on the EV. My wife and I drove it through a storm to get it home, around DC & Baltimore. It handled great, was quiet, visibility was excellent, seats were comfy for the 169 mile drive. We stopped 3 times to charge it, just to be on the safe side. Each charge was done at a Nissan dealer and all cost us nothing out of our wallets, zero, nada, 0. It's a courtesy that is provided at all dealers that have the charging stations, which is most Mitsubishi, Nissan, etc. Fuel costs at home are $2.51 for each 100 miles traveled. Since we drive it mainly for work, running errands/groceries, we no longer are concerned about running out of battery power. We charge it overnight with a regular GFI receptacle, designated just for the car, on a 15amp breaker, about once a week. If we plug it in before midnight, it normally has a full charge the next morning. Something of importance, at least for me, I have a hearing problem and with most cars my ears pick up road noise and everything else, but my wife's voice, but not in this car. It's so quiet! Driving it in "D" will give you more speed than you'll get out of most small cars, with a top speed of over 80 mph, ours will never see that. I'm 6' 5" tall and I have tons of head and leg room. I remember my wife saying how much room she had in the back seat during the demo drive. We normally leave the back seats down and use it for our shopping, etc. We are considering another and we may just rent a vehicle for our out of town LONG drives, like so many others are doing. Gas savings will be about $9,800 every 5 years. Battery warranty is for 8 years or 100,000 miles, which ever comes first. If you have never driven an electric car, your really missing out on the future and how enjoyable these cars are. I hope this review helps those of you that are on the fence and considering these amazing cars. Have a wonderful day!"

100% satisfied!

By on Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Pros: "Very green, economical and great fun!"

Cons: "A convertible and/or pickup option would be nice."

"One car family. Works great teamed with solar photo-voltaic. Nice on highways too. Amazing turning radius."

The technology is ready, we are not

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pros: "economy, smart hatchback design, zippy"

Cons: "no center arm rest"

"I have this car for a half year and it became the primary car in our family. Our kids, 3-year old twins love it, too. The car completely changed my way of thinking as owner and driver. Going to a gas station is now hassle to me. Range anxiety is non existent as I learned that I need to think just a little before going for a trip. If the expected distance is above 80 miles, I take our Jetta TDI, that simple. Very recently, I have taken my iMiEV for a long trip to test its range when driving up to 40 MPH w/o A/C. I was able to get 93.4 miles with 1 mile remaining. No need to reach for the hidden reserves. Cons: I miss the central arm rest. Also, the road and wind noise at high speeds is so strong, that it would be nice to have speed sensitive volume control on radio. The bottom line, no matter what your excuses are, the technology for EVs is already out there. My motto is: «I prefer to drive imported car on domestic fuel rather than domestic car on imported fuel.»"

Per Page:  5 | 10