2002 Mitsubishi Galant

8.2

Based on 453 Ratings for the 1999 - 2003 models.

Bought new and now at 183,000 + miles

By on Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable handling, Dependable, 145 hp 4 cyl"

Cons: "Air Conditioner not as great as some other cars."

"I loved this car when I bought it new and still love it! I test drove a Camry and Accord at the same time and found this car to be $5,000 less, with the room of the Accord and the handling of the Camry. I have done all of the routine maintenance and it has paid off. I'm getting ready to put the third timing belt on it (every 60,000 miles). The ONLY problem I ever had was the torque converter went out at 105,000 miles. The dealership said I need to replace the transmission, but I took it to a transmission shop I trusted and they replaced the torque converter for about $600. The transmission is still working fine. I have another car now, but I still keep my Galant as a back-up car. Best decision I have ever made!"

Best vehicle ever!

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

Pros: "Good handlng, good gas mileage and great price!"

Cons: "Need itermediate mat/back floor,more back room."

"We (my wife and me) get this car(in 2004)with only 14,000 on the odometer,from a dealer in Virginia Beach, Va; and have been the best buy ever. With no mayor mechanical problems at all, only services items. Only mayor that we have;need to replaced the radiator (2)years ago.The car has an impressive handling on cold weather an on hot/wet as well.The AC/Heater work excellent during all these years,we are only the second owners of this vehicle.Tha radio still work excellent too,but the DVD player broke (3)years ago.The motor efficiency have been reduced for the wear and tear,but we still getting from 18 to 20 mpg(city).Of course we were very diligent with the basic car services and the 12,000,24,000 & 50,000 miles services (by the dealer).The car interiors handle almost everything,except for an area on the ceiling fabric that is loose for some years now.About other equipments;we have problems with the driver and driver passenger windows,need to replace the mechanism,easy fix.The OEM parts can still be find at a very reasonable prices (on the Internet).All the glass on the car are original."

very reliable and problem free

By on Saturday, February 21, 2015

"I'm the only owner of the car. other than normal maintenance , I've never had any problems."

Good car. very cost effective

By on Saturday, January 03, 2015

Pros: "great price"

"It is very good car"

I love this car!

By on Thursday, January 01, 2015

Pros: "quick, maneuvers incredibly well, reliable"

"I bought this car in 2010 in California and it had 66,000 miles on it. It now has 146,000 miles on it and it still drives great. I have driven it everywhere and I drove it across country. I have used it for the past 4 years in upstate New York as well as driving back and forth to New York City so it has seen a lot of snow. It is speedy, zippy, and a smooth drive. I rented a brand new car in 2013 and the car I rented did not drive nearly as nicely as my own Galant. It just feels like a sports car. My only con would be that as I am tall I would like the front seat to go back a little further. And the seats are low so this car will not work so well if you have to drive the elderly around. Other than that I would recommend this car to anyone. I still love it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Galant near Honolulu. See local deals