1999 Mitsubishi Galant

8.2

Based on 461 Ratings for the 1999 - 2003 models.

Amazing Daily Driver and Dear Friend

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pros: "Stylish, gas milage, dependable, great features!"

Cons: "No aux connection. Door handles oxidize."

"I bought this car new in 2001 Great trunk space, passenger room. I'm over six feet tall and I fit comfortably. I use it for short trips and some longer ones. I aim to take care of the car, I use RP Oil and filters, I am always checking the hoses and toping off the fluids, checking the belts for ware, I use Mothers products to shine and protect. I figure, if I take care of her, she will take care of me. This has been the case. I have owned this car for 11 years now and I expect to have it for at least 16 more. I'll have a classic on my hands, I always loved the look of the car, it looks like a car should not like a bubble, I hate bubble looking cars. This is the year that Mitsubishi did away with cassette decks and opted for the CD player. I'm grateful, too bad that iPods weren't popular in 2001 or there would have been an input for one. Never had any major problems, she has never left me stranded. Never stuttered, no leaks, no rust, replaced the rotors for slotted Brembo with ceramic pads. Ordered nice rims and changed the tires to Goodyear Comfort treads. I once had Perreli P Zeros on her with a lager rim set but I grew out of that stage after hitting various pot holes in NYC which means bent rims. Door handles were the fist thing to show ware for the material used was scratched easily and oxidized. There were great features added to the ES model like built in the rear window antenna and cruse control. Over all Gas milage is not too bad. It doesn't come close to a Prius, but then again it's not as ugly as one either. One last note on the styling. I think this was the last year that the grille was a really grill and not that lip up from the bumper monstrosity that was there to pretend it was part Evo. In my opinion I was fortunate to have bought the most attractive Mitsubishi Galant ever made, even the 2012's are laking the charm of the 2001. But I bet I could plug in my iPhone on those, I may get a new stereo system to remedy the situation. Love the car and will last if properly maintained. I hope this was helpful!"

Very reliable car!!

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

"I've owned this car for about 8 years now and bought it with 55k miles. It now has 145k miles. Never needed any major work on the car. Only a 200 dollar cable. Runs good for a 4 cylinder and if your looking for a reliable car this is it and its the cheapest. Best car purchase I've ever made."

very satisfied.

By on Monday, October 15, 2007

"i bought this in 2004 with 9000 miles.now i got 59500.never had to take to shop.this is not a race car, just 4 cylinder 140Hp.so if u are ok with this, tihs is way better than Accord or Camry, comparing price.since resale value isnt great, plan on keeping the car for a while, it will run forever(i have 2 other Mitsubishis).i get 31-32 MPG around 65-75 MPH. i get 27MPG on 85 MPH or above.feels same like a accord.cant expect more for this price."

Avery good car

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "Good on gas, comfortable, classy & sporty at same"

Cons: "Can be noisy on highway but overall a great car."

"I bought mine pre-owned with 48k on it in 2006. Now, seven years later I still like my car and it doesn't owe me anything. Currently has 174k and I have replaced brakes, obviously tires, stabilizer bars, etc. and just recently part of the exhaust. I change the oil religiously between 3-5 thousand miles now with the new oils on the market but lean more towards 3000. I love my Mitsubishi but it is starting to rust a bit and have been looking around to buy something new. I don't see much that I like so I think that I am going to hang on to this one for awhile longer."

best vehicle ever!

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

"I love this car overall. There were a few problems I had but it was because of the previous owner. I myself haven't had to do much mechanical work to the car. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants one easy on gas, handles great, and just wants a family car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Galant near Honolulu. See local deals