1997 Mitsubishi Galant

7.5

Based on 76 Ratings for the 1994 - 1998 models.

Solid car, great MPG and quick!

By on Thursday, June 9, 2011

Pros: "mpg better than a lot of new cars, a kick to drive."

Cons: "with cups in front holders I can't see stereo. Needs a rear 12V outlet."

Exterior and interior in great shape for 13 year old car.

"I bought my '98 Galant ES in December 2010 for $700. It was a salvaged title due to an accident at the front right. The previous owner did a decent job of reparing the damage. I had to spend around $300 for misc. parts to fix some minor mechanical flaws. The previous owner also had a wrong bulb in a rear brake light that was causing havoc with my cruise control and dash lights. But since those corrections the car has been outstanding. Very strong engine, 27 mpg highway and plenty of response. The tight steering and suspension make me feel like I am driving an expensive sports car. My only hang up right now is trying to get the keyless remote to work. I may have to visit the Mitsubishi dealer after all..."

Exterior and interior in great shape for 13 year old car.

280,000 and still kicking

By on Wednesday, December 16, 2009

"This car has been great. We bought the car bran new off the lot in 1994 when it was released and the car has still been in our family. The car has surpassed the 280,000 mile mark and with the way it is going now it may actually reach 300,000 miles. This car has always been reliable and everything about it makes it a great vehicle."

Best beater ever!

By on Monday, April 6, 2009

"I got this car, a 94 Galant, for free from my brother. It lived most of its life in the snow and salt of Cleveland, Ohio. It shows on the undercarriage. I've had it for about three years. It's old and on its last legs, but it's been a great car. With mixed highway and street driving I still get about 400 miles per tank. As it's on its way out; the seal on my PR door has blown out and the hinge mechanism on my RD just lost a spring in the door. Needless to say no one sits in the back seats these days. Tie rods, bushings, and ball joints will go any day now, but the transmission and engine still run beautifully! It still has amazing pick up and still handles really well. Plows through snow like a dream! This cars been amazing to me."

By on Monday, March 23, 2009

"This car has been the most reliable car I have ever owned....I rate it A+ for quality, value and reliability. I rate it a B for comfort, but it is not a luxury car...."

Love this car

By on Tuesday, April 1, 2008

"I am a valet driver at a luxury hotel in Washington,D.C. and I have to say, this car drives like a luxury car, but without the expensive repairs. I have over 100,000 miles on my Galant and nothing is wrong with it. Mechanically, its perfect, cosmetically, there are no blemishes to the paint and the interior is holding up like a new car. Best car I ever had!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Galant near Honolulu. See local deals