1995 Mitsubishi Expo

Based on 22 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

A True Champion

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pros: "The definition of quality in a vehicle."

Cons: "Things can fall into the hand brake slot."

"I purchased my Mitsubishi Expo LRV in 1993 when it was six months old with 13,000 miles on it, having belonged to a rental agency in Florida, then driven to Tucson. My annual mileage to work was under 5000, and much less after retiring. For 21 years it gave me flawless service, until 2014 with nearly 68,000 miles on it. Because of Mitsubishi's brilliant engineering, instead of totally failing to function, it went into a special "limp" mode which enabled me to get to my mechanic at my convenience. Luckily I had an equally brilliant mechanic who was able to diagnose the problem and find a new computer for my Expo despite its age. Now it's going like a little rocket again. It has always done close to 30 mpg, apparently better than average for this model. In all honesty I have no intention of ever parting with it, but have willed it to a friend who admires it."

Hope I can keep it forever

By on Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pros: "Small to park but great to drive and lots of room"

Cons: "Tranny issues till you get a good one"

"Bought my white 1995 EXPO in 1996 with 18,000 miles. It now has 265,600 and is going strong. Although it still has the original engine and is passes california SMOG with ease, it has had more tranny issues than a cat has lives. The dealership lept putting in rebuilt transmissions till they got a good one (it was number 4 that finally lasted. After it got up to about 200,000 and needed to be rebulit again so I brought it to Rapid Transmission (maybe not as good an idea as I had thought). Their rebuild kept havinb problems the 7 times they worked on it and it finally made it to 265,000 and needed to be rebuilt again. Found a shop with a really good reputation who uses certified Transmissions in Santee for their tranny work. Worked great for 2 weeks and locked in neutral on the highway. It now has yet another rebuilt tranny from Certified. Hopefuly this one will last another 100K miles. I truly love this car which has become part of me. About 26MPG Hwy and 20-21 combination. One of the reasons I have kept it (in addition to loving it other than the tranny problems) is that its size is like a mini-mini van. Lots of people room, lots of "stuff" room with the seats down. Really good visibility in every direction. Other than an expensive Subaru Forester or the Mazda 5, I don't see any car that is as small but acts as large and gets as good gas mileage. Let's see if the original engine and this last tranny will get fo another 100K"

HATE to sell it,my Old Bessie is so faithful

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "Great reliability & MPG, cheap insure,still strong"

Cons: "Harder 2 find parts now;not many made."

"I bought my Mitsu 17 years ago,@32,000 miles.Now @ 186,000. Have sinced moved to rural Az,where miles add up really fast. She is still an excellent car;still gets about 30 MPG +/-, & still seats 7. Has NEVER burned one drop of oil or caused any major problem for us.Still original engine & tranny.Did change the AM/FM/Cassette for a CD player. Still hate that wussy little fan,BTW.Does not help move air. Great AC, hot, fast heat; biggest problem out here is our rotten roads for suspension. Still has original rear axle, one orig CV,mostly all original stuff. This car has been more reliable, on the whole, than the five Accords and/or 2 CRXs I had before her. I wish Mitsu had made more of these, then I'd keep her.Parts are getting harder to find now. I rate her about 9 of 10.Reliability is Bessies' name."

Versatile, Reliable, Easy to Drive

By on Monday, November 05, 2012

"I've owned a '94 Expo since 1998; put more than 100,000 miles on it myself. Was planning to keep it only a short time, but grew to love it. Very versatile design - not too big, not too small. Has been reliable, but did require transmission replacement two years ago (not surprising for a former rental vehicle). Burns almost no oil between changes. Only complaints are slightly underpowered and tight fit for tall (6ft 3+) people."

Suprisingly fast, and useful.

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive very fast, awesome sun roof"

Cons: "no cd player bad sound system"

"The back seat is extremely easy to take out, making it extremely useful. The heat still works and its 18 years old. My Mits still has great pick up! topped it out at 120! so awesome still. i just had the front right ball joint replaced this past summer, runs like a champ now. the ac also went out at the end of the summer. other than that its terrific... oh the sound system is aweful :/"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Expo near Honolulu. See local deals