1994 Mitsubishi Expo

Based on 22 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

By on Monday, April 26, 2010

"Brakes have been a hassle, and if you're taller than 5'6" or have friends who will ride in the back who are taller, this is not a good car for you. It has been reliable, though."

Hope I can keep it forever

By on Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pros: "Small to park but great to drive and lots of room"

Cons: "Tranny issues till you get a good one"

"Bought my white 1995 EXPO in 1996 with 18,000 miles. It now has 265,600 and is going strong. Although it still has the original engine and is passes california SMOG with ease, it has had more tranny issues than a cat has lives. The dealership lept putting in rebuilt transmissions till they got a good one (it was number 4 that finally lasted. After it got up to about 200,000 and needed to be rebulit again so I brought it to Rapid Transmission (maybe not as good an idea as I had thought). Their rebuild kept havinb problems the 7 times they worked on it and it finally made it to 265,000 and needed to be rebuilt again. Found a shop with a really good reputation who uses certified Transmissions in Santee for their tranny work. Worked great for 2 weeks and locked in neutral on the highway. It now has yet another rebuilt tranny from Certified. Hopefuly this one will last another 100K miles. I truly love this car which has become part of me. About 26MPG Hwy and 20-21 combination. One of the reasons I have kept it (in addition to loving it other than the tranny problems) is that its size is like a mini-mini van. Lots of people room, lots of "stuff" room with the seats down. Really good visibility in every direction. Other than an expensive Subaru Forester or the Mazda 5, I don't see any car that is as small but acts as large and gets as good gas mileage. Let's see if the original engine and this last tranny will get fo another 100K"

HATE to sell it,my Old Bessie is so faithful

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "Great reliability & MPG, cheap insure,still strong"

Cons: "Harder 2 find parts now;not many made."

"I bought my Mitsu 17 years ago,@32,000 miles.Now @ 186,000. Have sinced moved to rural Az,where miles add up really fast. She is still an excellent car;still gets about 30 MPG +/-, & still seats 7. Has NEVER burned one drop of oil or caused any major problem for us.Still original engine & tranny.Did change the AM/FM/Cassette for a CD player. Still hate that wussy little fan,BTW.Does not help move air. Great AC, hot, fast heat; biggest problem out here is our rotten roads for suspension. Still has original rear axle, one orig CV,mostly all original stuff. This car has been more reliable, on the whole, than the five Accords and/or 2 CRXs I had before her. I wish Mitsu had made more of these, then I'd keep her.Parts are getting harder to find now. I rate her about 9 of 10.Reliability is Bessies' name."

Reliable old friend

By on Saturday, August 29, 2009

"I bought the 4dr wagon (manual trans) new in 1992. I have since put 265K miles on it. I have been pretty faithful with servicing, but it has been great on reliability. I have replaced the following in 17 + years: heater core, oxygen sensor, shocks, clutch hydraulic control line. That's right, it still has the original engine, clutch, transmission and drive train! I have taught 2 teenagers to drive a manual tranny in it too. Still passes emissions, burns about a quart of oil in 750 miles and gets about 26 mpg in a mix of city and rural driving. Very versatile in hauling people (up to 7 if small) and stuff (with the fold down seats). Front wheel drive provides good handling, but the engine (2.4l, 4 cyl) sometimes limits my speed up mountain passes. It's done everything I could ask."

good value

By on Monday, November 5, 2007

"car a gift from a friend. excellent transportation with outstanding gas milage. great car for pricing and plenty of room with removable rear seat!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Expo near Honolulu. See local deals