2008 Mitsubishi Endeavor

Based on 305 Ratings for the 2004 - 2011 models.

Best road car I've ever driven

By on Friday, September 19, 2008

"My wife bought this 2005 Endeavor new in Nov 2005...about 6 months before we met. When I learned she had paid almost 30K for it, I was horrified (I had seen them advertised locally for around 20K). I knew next to nothing about Mitsubishi and was somewhat skeptical. Now, after having put almost 70K miles on it in 3 years time, I can say that it simply is the best traveling road car (or town car either) that I have ever driven or ridden in. Gas mileage is great (We own the 2 wheel drive model). The ride quality and the quietness is one that a great many higher priced SUVs just wish they could duplicate. The transmission gearing is also superior, making the full use of the engine's 245 HP....indeed, it runs like a much higher HP vehicle. When running along in "cruise control", it does not have to gear down as soon as some cars would on hill climbing. Cabin design and comfort are also superior. We have taken a great many trips in it....with almost no problems. On one trip, we were gone for 7 weeks ...covering 16 states and one Canadian province (over 8,500 miles) and during that trip we had...(a) one headlight burn out and (b) the gas gauge quit registering. With the great warranty, we got both things fixed in major cities we were near and were quickly back on the road. These are the only things we have EVER had happen to it. The only downside I can see is that Mitsubishi is not a "big brand" in the USA and it's vehicles don't hold their value as well as others, but if you're prepared to drive one for many, many years, as we are, you will "get your money's worth" out of it...it may be the top deal out there, and also the "best kept secret" in the (USA) car world."

great vehicle/horrible mpg, but thats the only bad

By on Monday, October 22, 2012

Pros: "great value"

Cons: "mpg"

"do not buy this if you are concerned about gas milage. it is one of the best vehicles I have owned and it is time to replace it. I will be buying a newer version of the exact same car. I would never have considered that with any other vehicle I have owned"

Great SUV to Buy Used

By on Saturday, September 25, 2010

"I googled "worse resale SUV" and the Mitsubishi Endeavor was listed along with various Kia's etc. :( I remember driving as a passenger at one time so I decided to give it a try. I was impressed especially for the money! My goal was to buy my son a safe all wheel drive for MN winters but not break the bank. It doesn't get any safer than this one (side airbags, ABS, AWD etc). We bought a cheap 2005 ($7K; 77K miles) a year ago and loved it and it has been perfectly reliable. The only thing that bugged me about it was the door controls squeaked on both sides when your knee hit the controls. So fast forward a year. We were looking for another SUV for my daughter. I was unable to see any deals on 2007-2009's. I therefore decided to buy a 2010 LS AWD w/ 17K miles for $19K. New AWD models with rebates were going for $27K. For my situation, an $8K hit with $17K miles seemed like a nice trade-off. There is no reason for this sort of depreciation other than the manufacture failing to promote this fantastic SUV. But if all things were equal, we prefer the Pilot and the Highlander. But they are not equal (price wise). The Endeavor gets the job done for a lot less. THis SUV is reliable with a warranty to back it up! Since 2005, it's about the same vehicle. They really need a facelift which is another reason for the quick price drop. For all practical purpose, the 2010 is about the same as a 2005."

I Love My Truck

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "Large Cabin Great Price"

Cons: "silver coating on interior can rub off"

"This Truck has treated me well. Drive great in the snow and has a remarkably large truck capacity. I was able to close the hatch with 10' long 2x4's i fit a loveseat 69x38 into the back and was able to easily close the hatch. No complaints."

Great Reliable SUV that runs FOREVER

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Reason: Purchased another one

Pros: "Comfortable, drives nice, smooth, reliable"

"We purchased the SUV used with over 100K miles already and drove it forever having to do little more than oil changes, timing belt at 300K miles and tires. It is fun to drive, handles more like a car than a large SUV, gets pretty good gas mileage (averaged 20MPG), and was comfortable for short or long trips. Plenty of interior space for 2 adults and a baby in a car seat and all of our luggage for vacation. It was nice enough to drive for business meetings with modern styling and a smooth comfortable ride for clients."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Endeavor near Honolulu. See local deals