2012 Mitsubishi Eclipse

Based on 379 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

Nice car fun to drive!

By on Saturday, November 29, 2014

Pros: "value for money, fun to drive, silent when closed"

Cons: "practically none!"

"I've bought a 2007 gt spyder a few months ago for my wife ;>) Great car! fun to drive and qaulity is good. It's never been on the market in europe so double the fun! The Mileage is reasonable ( for European standards) so no complaints about that! it steers a bit light for me at higher speeds but you get used to it quickly. the only thing is the soundsystem....can get it at a decent mix of bass and treble, furthermore there is no usb connection ( which is a must now a days) overall....... great car!"

My Second Eclipse Spyder

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "Price, styling, comfort, economy, handling"

Cons: "Rear visibility, lack of I-Pod connection"

"I have owned two of these cars, a 2000 and a 2008. both have been reliable and fun to drive. People constantly admire the styling and ask if it is for sale. Fuel economy is good and handling is very good (even on the track at Sebring). I would highly recommend them and simply cannot understand why they stopped making them. I am 6' 4" tall and fit easily into this car which I cannot say for most inexpensive sporty convertibles."

My 8th Eclipse

By on Thursday, October 02, 2014

Pros: "Super car"

Cons: "Turning radius is poor but not a problem."

"This is my eight Eclipse since 1992 and the best in all categories, style and performance. They have not made any Eclipses since then. There is a rumor they will have a new one in 2016. Who knows? I waited to buy the 2012 until 2013 so i had it hauled new from a dealership in Iowa to Houston and the extra cost was worth every penny. I work in my car, some have a work truck, I have a work Eclipse. I got smart and finally invested in a radar detector, needed for the GT V6. As I tell the police, I did not buy a fast car to drive slow."

Great driving car

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, looks great"

Cons: "No cons it is a great car"

"Car is stored every winter in a heated garage. Oil change every time car is removed from storage."

Great bang for the buck. Fast, nimble, and fun

By on Sunday, July 27, 2014

Pros: "price, fun, fast (GT)"

Cons: "a little tight for a big guy"

"nuff said"

VALUE for the $

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "good price, fun to drive, has never let me down."

Cons: "Not great in snow with the 245mm wide tires."

"Bought new in 2007...oil changes, a battery, tires at 90,000 miles, brakes... that's it !"

Sporty, High-Performance Car

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "Fast, fun, sporty, comfortable, handles well."

Cons: "None."

"This is the best car I have ever owned and will probably ever own. I still cannot believe how inexpensive Eclipses are for their sporty, fun look and their incredible road-handling quality. I HIGHLY suggest purchasing this car. It is affordable (at only 2 years old, my car was $10,500) and it handles beautifully--even on the highway. The interior is surprisingly spacious for a sports car. I'm about 6' tall and it's perfect for me. I'd even say it's roomy. You get SO MUCH bang for your buck with an Eclipse. You get a youthful, fast, sporty car for less than half of what you'd pay for a Mustang."

This is the best looking great gas mileage car

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "Cannot replace this."

Cons: "Rear visibility when backing up."

"For just under 29K, this is the top all around convertible in it's class as the 4 banger with auto does have a lot of zip plus awesome gas mileage. The leather trim seats are a must. The rockford/fosgate stereo can really pump the sound out. The only drawbacks to the car are the rear view and the back seat. However, no one buys these cars to ride 3-4 people. These Mitsubishi Spyder's are a hidden gem that is not well known. These are the perfect cars for that special lady who likes to run her errands and never worry about anything except occasional gas. My wife gets over 20 mpg in stop and go. She had a 1996 before this. It gets in the high 20's on the interstate at 70. I do not think this car can be replaced by anything under 55K. The maintenance is change oil and rotate tires as this is FWD."

great little car

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "very fun to drive, commuted over 90 miles a day"

Cons: "none from me"

"a little less plastic parts on the interior finish would have been nice, also the vent adjustment gave out at about 50k miles"

Great car. I've had 3 of them!

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, very dependable"

Cons: "No catch all space(Sunglasses, phone, etc)"

"I love the Eclipse. I've had 3 of them, but the '07 I have had for 7 plus years. It is fun to drive and has been super dependable. I've never had one problem with it. The only complaint that I have, and it's a small one, is that when they changed the design of the interior they took away the small storage compartments. (Like to put your phone, sunglasses, etc.) This is a great car for anyone."

Great looking & running car

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "Great driving car."

"Purchased car in 2008. It had approx. 11000 miles. Car has never been in snow. Car was kept in heated garage. Car was never in accident or had any body or mechanical repairs."

Received what I wanted

By on Monday, June 02, 2014

Pros: "Manueverable, and great on gas."

Cons: "Lacking some comforts that are now available."

"My 07 Eclipse gave me what I was looking for in a car. The gas mileage was reasonable as I was traveling a lot when I made this purchase. It has a sleek look from the outside and more room inside than one would think. Interior comfort is slightly lacking compared to cars of today, but I got what I was looking for in a car. I was very fortunate in that I have not had a great deal go wrong with it which is quite contrary to many cars I have owned in the past. Overall a successful purchase and I have been pleased."

PAINT PEELING OFF!

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, looked great new, fun"

Cons: "Paint peeling off - not getting too much response"

"Have the 2006 Sunset Pearlescent. I have garage kept this car and not driven it for 5-6 months of every year - summer car. The entire car is fading and peeling, clear coat is peeling off and it's just a mess. I'm embarrassed to drive it. Contacted the dealer, they took pictures to send to Mitsubishi a few weeks ago and no word from anybody. Googled the car and found many people with the same problem. They also had a major problem with black paint and did issue a recall on that. It's just horrible."

3rd Eclipse. All great value 4 sport car/reliable!

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "Top down R. Fosgate system w/sub-whoofer drive!!"

Cons: "Can't think of anything...I love my car!!!"

Just had new top fabric done in black..gettin ready for ride along the bay!! Great car/runs like champ/V6! 8 yrs old but looks runs like new..no lie!

"This is my 3rd Eclipse since my first white one purchased in 94. Had that one 10 yrs, immaculate/low miles after 10 yrs, only 85k. Sold it to private owner. Bought next model in 2004 black w/sun roof..had less than 2 yrs. Traded up for new model. Bought in 2006, but is 07 V6. Black drop top incredible shape. Last major checkup done few mos ago, dealer said best shape of this model/yr he's ever seen come through his dealership. also had new top cover done to match black on black...came w/gray.Also upgraded to 18" Perellies and chrome rims. Changed the whole look of car..it is something!! Runs great, looks great low miles, all my Eclipses have been just me as the sole owner.Just love these cars for the $$.Die hard Oak Raider fan. Gets alot a looks and compliments and questions...people just loved all 3 of my cars, but esp this one...its tight! They DO turn heads!! Sadly, 2012 was last yr of the Eclipse...makes me sad. They really are great cars. You get your money's worth for sure!"

I Love This Car!

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

Pros: "awesome from bumper to bumper"

"I love this car. I've owned it for 6 years and do not intend on selling or trading anytime soon. This car's nickname is "Sugar" because she's such a sweet ride! :)"

Love This Car

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "A blast to drive,great for the ego"

Cons: "Poor visibality out of the rear windows."

"After 7 yrs of ownership,I still get stopped monthly and am told was a hot car I drive.This covers men and women ages teen to retired. There is poor visibility out of the rear and side windows,when the top is up.I learned early on to back into parking spaces.The windscreen saves the hair,when driving.Sadly I need to sell this car and it's only because my dog doesn't fit in it,and we do Therapy work"

Good. Could've been better.

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

"Even with a 2.4 this little car moves pretty good. Turning radius is horrible. Many extra maneuvers. Could use a trunk release button. I'm 6'2" which means back seats are for kids only or no one."

The best car I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Pros: "Great styling, powerful engine, sporty interior"

Cons: "There are blind spots but everything else is good"

"I purchased a 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 1 year ago with 25,000 miles and it is absolutely beautiful and the performance is amazing! The eclipse has all of the sports car attributes but I love that my car has front wheel drive instead of rear wheel like the others."

My favorite car to date

By on Monday, December 02, 2013

Reason: needed a car with less mileage

Pros: "Great value in a sports car"

Cons: "lacking some modern tech i.e. XM and Blue Tooth"

"This car is all around a fun car. The convertible top is quick to open and close. When open it folds into a closed compartment. When it closes, it fits perfectly into place. All you have to do is lock it. It is quick and fast. Put the pedal to the metal and feel your the G force as your body is pushed into the leather seats. It is very comfortable to sit in. Long trips are no problem either. Keep in mind, it does sit low to the ground. Getting in and out can be an effort. I gave an 8 for interior design for 3 reasons. No satellite radio. No blue tooth integration. I had to buy a $200 adapter to connect my iPod aka Iphone. All this was current tech in 2007. It requires premium gas. Don't put regular gas in it. The MPGs deteriorate so much that it is more cost effective to put in the premium. It is a shame they stopped making them. I would buy it again in a heartbeat. Don't bother with the GS version. The experience of the vehicle is a thousand times better."

Fun

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

Pros: "Fun fun fun"

Cons: "People don't like the back seat...tight"

"Love my Spider...road trips rock for two people:))) you can lose the slow mos very quickly! Great sound too... Just all around fun!!"

I love this car!!!

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "fun to frive"

Cons: "have to watch for blind spots"

"I get compliments everywhere i go. The best car to handle any weather hazzard. Goes zoom zoom with out gas going bye bye. Great travel car for 2, no room in back seat, but large trunk.needs a little more starage space for driver. When I trade it will only be for the convertable."

Great fun to drive. Lot of power and cool handling

By on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pros: "Great power, comfort and handling"

Cons: "Very few. Less gas mileage due to increased power"

"This is my second Eclipse. The first one was an SE model with the standard 4 cylinder and was actually quite peppy for it's power set-up. Always fun to drive and fairly economical. When it was time for a new one, the dealer gave me the keys to the one GT he had in stock (of course he wanted to sell it) With over a hundred more horsepower than the original, I was sold after a short test drive. A few more options on the car, but the additional power and better handling really impressed me. It's over a year later and I thoroughly enjoy driving it. Both Eclipses have given me very reliable service and this one is always ready to run. Shame that Mitsubishi stopped producing this model, and a bigger shame that they did a horrible marketing job on a really cool vehicle."

Great car, amazing turning and handling.

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

"Great sports car, drives like a powerhouse, yet has the handling of a import. Very loud on the interstate but the pick up speed, the amazing interior and driving experience definitely make up for it."

Blind spot

By on Thursday, May 02, 2013

Pros: "SO fun to drive, corners like on rails"

"Love my Spyder Eclipse but it has a very bad blind spot. Really difficult to see on the left when the top is up. Beautiful copper color just sparkles in the sun."

Great car!

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Pros: "Sound system, heated seats, comfort"

Cons: "front wheel drive, exterior design could be better"

"This car has been awesome. It is very fun to drive even with the automatic transmission. I don't care what the experts say it handles good. The Rockford Fosgate stereo exceeded my expectations by far! The sound quality is unreal. I have not had any problems with reliability and I am hard on vehicles."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Eclipse near Honolulu. See local deals