2012 Mitsubishi Eclipse

Based on 382 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

Most reliable car I've ever owned

By on Sunday, May 03, 2015

Pros: "Mechanically Reliable Fun Quick Good efficiency."

Cons: "Clear coat replacement inevitable."

"Mechanically after decent maintenance it drives like its off the lot after almost 10 years. Mitsu doesn't have the reputation for reliability but this model is the exception for some reason. Got the car new in 06. It still quick handles well and if I didn't need space for the growing family I would keep it till the wheels fell off. An excellent value that has outlasted friends hondas and toyotas. BUT: The paint. All eclipses with paint darker then white or grey have a clear coat defect where it just starts peeling off after a few years. The darker the color the worse it is apparently. You see it on all eclipses from maybe late 90's thru late 2000's. Theres a class action ruling against them for the defect but by the time it affects you it's usually too late to get any compensation. However the cost of a transmission on a v6 honda or acura of the same age, which owners of those cars would definitely have to replace by now, is greater the the cost of a new paint job. So, my paint looks bad atm. But I'm still faster happier and know that my car will not break than most other drivers with similar year models on the road. Decent milage for the hp too. Also if you buy, don't go with those eagle tires it comes with. They are overpriced and handle horribly. Get some michelins or something. Went to those cheaper michelins from the goodrich eagles and it was a whole new car. Tires affect handling greatly in this car."

I absolutely LOVE my car. Waiting for 2015's!!!

By on Saturday, February 21, 2015

Pros: "Great price. Fun to drive. Great looking."

Cons: "No cons"

"This is the best car I have ever owned. Never a problem with it, handles great, very sporty looking, great gas mileage, no blind spots, comfortable, super hot heat, super cold air conditioning. Not much headroom for back seat passengers, but, I don't usually have anyone in back. I bought it new 2008. Lots of room in hatchback for carting stuff from grocery store & Home Depot! I have compliments constantly on its' looks. Sad they haven't come out with a new one yet. I usually trade up every 3 years."

Amazing Car

By on Saturday, January 31, 2015

"I bought this car not knowing what to expect. But its an amazing ride it does has alot of blind spots while backing up though that would be my only issue with the car but this car has already pushed 13K miles in the last 6 months and havent had a single issue with it, passes smog with no problem and runs strong even after its had 160,000 miles ran on that engine. really good sporty looking car i would recommend it to anyone looking for a fast car that will last them a long time. keeping its stylish look for many more years"

Nice car fun to drive!

By on Saturday, November 29, 2014

Pros: "value for money, fun to drive, silent when closed"

Cons: "practically none!"

"I've bought a 2007 gt spyder a few months ago for my wife ;>) Great car! fun to drive and qaulity is good. It's never been on the market in europe so double the fun! The Mileage is reasonable ( for European standards) so no complaints about that! it steers a bit light for me at higher speeds but you get used to it quickly. the only thing is the soundsystem....can get it at a decent mix of bass and treble, furthermore there is no usb connection ( which is a must now a days) overall....... great car!"

My Second Eclipse Spyder

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "Price, styling, comfort, economy, handling"

Cons: "Rear visibility, lack of I-Pod connection"

"I have owned two of these cars, a 2000 and a 2008. both have been reliable and fun to drive. People constantly admire the styling and ask if it is for sale. Fuel economy is good and handling is very good (even on the track at Sebring). I would highly recommend them and simply cannot understand why they stopped making them. I am 6' 4" tall and fit easily into this car which I cannot say for most inexpensive sporty convertibles."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Eclipse near Honolulu. See local deals