1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse

8.0

Based on 392 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

It's worth all the trouble

By on Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"I own a 1999 mitsubishi eclipse GS-T with an automatic transmission. I'll be straight up and honest about the car. The car is very unreliable and is very expensive to maintain. In one year I had to put about 3000-4000 dollars into the car to keep it running. The car is very difficult to work on and the engine components are very cramped and in akward positions. With that being said this car has amazing upsides. Now that i have dumped money into this car it's ready to go now for another 80,000 miles only needing oil changes and tire changes. I love driving the car due to the fact that it has exceptional handling, the car is a very smooth ride even being low to the ground, the gas mileage is fantastic for me rating about 32 city, 35 highway, and last but not least i love being able to tap on the gas and not only hear the turbo but feel the power of the engine. I get looks and compliments wherever i go with this car. I do admit this car is a pain in the but and very expensive to maintain but if you can look past it's flaws and keep up with it's maintainence, your going to have one of the best cars on the road hands down. I would recommend this vehicle."

Good car

By on Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"I had this car for 6 years (bought it used with 15k miles) and it was a very good car to me. It was comfortable for a sporty car, but nothing like a family sedan is. The only problems I had with this car was the speed sensor going out (around $200 to fix at the time), it developed a small oil leak around 8 years old, and it chewed through brakes faster than other cars I have owned. Other than that this was a very reliable car for me. I had the baseline model so my car was an under powered sports car, but as long as you don't want the car for drag racing you'll be fine. It got GREAT gas milage because it's a 4 cylinder. It's not very easy to get kids in and out of the back of it, but it's an all around excellent car!"

Great Sports Car!

By on Friday, March 21, 2008

"I have had my Eclipse Spyder GS for 3 years. I bought it with 80,000 miles and now has 122,000 miles. I have not done any major repairs on it , just regular maintenance. I went on a 3000 mile trip last year, and no problems at all. It has the 2.4 liter engine which is japanese and is only for this model ,so no chrysler here. Make sure to change the timing belt when you buy used if the owner has not changed it recently, because if it breaks, your engine gets it! The car looks awesome, as you see, still getting compliments for it and it is 9 years old! The performance is there even though mine is not turbo. Handles very secure, the ride is stiff. Sounds awesome! When you get the top down is even better! Perfect Sports Car!"

Affordable convertible, very fun, and classic

By on Sunday, September 08, 2013

Pros: "spirit of the movie "Fast and Furious""

Cons: "no heated seats"

Delivering trees with the top down

"Very stylish look, had a great success. True fabric top, like the true convertible. Engine and manual transmission well adapted to the weight of the car. Nothing fancy, but a simple and easy to maintain car."

Delivering trees with the top down

fun, peppy car, not practical

By on Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Pros: "fun in the sun 5sp conv."

Cons: "Hard to find replacement parts, and leaks"

"I have a 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS with a 2.4 Liter 4 cly and a 5 spd manual. Its a blast to drive, but always breaking down. Has just under 116k on it, and has been extremely well upkept, and meticulously taken care of. recently replaced clutch, which is typical given it had 110k on it when replaced. EGR system has been giving troubles, and no one seems to have the right parts to repair it. Also, car is GREAT during summer with top down, but it leaks during typical Indiana storms. My eclipse spyder is loaded down with every option, but interior is VERY cheaply made. Back seat is a joke, but its a sports car, so thats expected. Also, there is very little storage space. Overall, it is a quick little car, thats fun to drive, and gets good fuel economy (26-28mpg) It is great on longer trips with just two people. Rides very smooth for a sports car, and is quite inside for being a convertible."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Eclipse near Honolulu. See local deals