1998 Mitsubishi Diamante

Based on 217 Ratings for the 1997 - 2003 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Worth every dollar spend. Didn't need any warranty

By on Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Pros: "very reliable , great quality, solid"

Cons: "Little pricey, poor weather stripping on windows."

"Oh my I've owned this car for 12 years , longer than I've ever owned any vechicle. When I brought it, I wasn't even a good driver, and was prone to accidents. I was so in ahh of my beautiful new car, I only had 1 accident in the 12 years I drove it and that one wasn't my fault. It only had 75 miles on it when I brought in. Never used the manufacturer warranty, nothing ever went wrong until it turned about 8 years old. I would buy another one if it were possible and I could afford it. I would not buy the extended warantty again cause that was just a great big waste of money."

good for fun you gotta think its getting old

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "v6 , just everything , takes insane abuse"

Cons: "gas milage , ugly looking , tranny"

"this is my first car, i got it for 500 bucks threw my girlfriends mom im 18 years old but iv been going to tech school for 4 years, its a great car for your first its got a little get up and go but the transmission feels weak doesn't slip (at the time) just feels weakish although i only drove the car safe for a couple months then i drove it hard i literately drove the wheeles off this car ripping the E brake , even neutral drops then the tranny started slipping wasn't surprised but i would have to shift it my self or else it was trying to go from first to 4th sometimes it wouldn't even do that it would stay in first then one day i lost all forward gears all i had was reverse so i drained the oil and was doing donuts in reverse till she died , the car would have lasted alot longer if i took care of it , really good car just ugly very smooth"

Great Car and Great Value

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "Dependable, sporty, fast, Smooth driving"

Cons: "Low,"

"I purchased this car in 2000, it had approximately 20k miles on it. The funny thing about me ending up with this car is I did some research on KBB.com for cars and they had this thing that would try to pick the right car for you. The Diamante was among them but the Nissan Maxima and Acura TL were way ahead of it. Fortunately for me I could not locate a Maxima and could not work out a deal for the TL. I saw this on the lot where I was looking for a Maxima and asked about it and we went for a test drive. I was hooked, the power, the speed, the comfort and it looked good, still does. I have only performed regular maintenance and its still my everyday driver. I may get another 100k out of it. I hear some say its too low as it is for me now that I hurt my back. I believe Mitsubishi was trying to make a Luxury sports sedan and I think this car gives you both."

2003 LS 3.5 v6 owned for +3 years

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

Pros: "Loaded LS model and get looks from others"

Cons: "If it had a multi CD unit it would be perfect"

"I purchased this car with 75,000 miles on it 3 yrs ago. It is far quicker than you'd expect from its 205 rated HP , handles like a mustang GT, quiet, very comfortable, my family rates the back seats the most comfortable of all of the cars we have owned. Repairs: shocks, rotors and pads, air cleaner, plugs, tires, air cond recharge up through 156,000 miles. Starts at 105 to -25 like a champ, excellent heat and air cond. This is a very underrated vehicle and my kids are all trying to buy it from me. They mostly like the kid racer aggressive front looks, and custom 18" rims I added. Just had the timing belt code after 150k, cost $850, not bad since I see these for sale with over 250,000 miles. Great underrated vehicle."

Just bought it and am very surprised.

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "Driveability, visibility, value,mileage"

Cons: "Resale but don't care"

"I have only owned a Montero previously so was not very familiar with the Mitsubishi cars. This thing is unreal ! There is only some peeling on the black trim, other than that the paint is flawless after 11 years. The car has the pickup and driving dynamics ( and more comfort) of a 2010 335i; I owned. I have just had the engine vetted by a dealer and the following is what I will be doing. Replacing timing belt and peripherals( water pump, tensioners, all belts)- $800, replacing valve cover gasket, cam plug O ring and plug, distributor O ring, full tune up with wires and plugs - $700. That will put me into the car for $6,700. Ordinarily a lot of money for a car this old that's worth by KBB numbers little over half that, however I have owned a lot of used cars and have yet to run across anything remotely in this league. I figure if I get 75,000 more miles with minor maintenance and issues after this I'll be in good shape. Everything works great, TCL sensor light comes on and off but drove for years with no traction control so don't need it anyway. Just a pleasure to drive."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Diamante near Honolulu. See local deals