1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT

9.8

Based on 24 Ratings for the 1999 models.

9.8/10
    9.7/10

What a sweet machine.. Still Exillerating to drive

By on Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Pros: "Nice looking GT that's reliable and powerful."

Cons: "Too bad they don't make these any more."

"I bought this car new, 10/99, it is # 284 of 287 VR4's sent to the US for the 99 year. I have not had any major problems with it. All scheduled maintenance has been done and I changed the oil with Mobil-1 every 3000 mi. It is still a blast to drive and even though it's 13 years old I still see people looking at it saying 'Cool' or 'Wow - what is that'. It has amazing, neck snapping power, and excellent traction with the all wheel drive. It also has 4-wheel steering where the rear wheels turn a little bit in the same direction as the front at speeds over 35 mph. This allows safer lane changes at high speeds because the car has almost no leaning like almost every other car on the road. The AWD has got me up black ice on mountain roads and virtually no slip on wet roads. The only thing that ever broke on it was the power antenna and that was because it froze up with ice driving through a storm. I do not have any plans to sell it because I don't see anything that would be more enjoyable to drive for the money. I would recommend this car to my best friend. What a pleasure to own and drive."

LOVE IT!!!

By on Thursday, November 03, 2011

Pros: "fun,reliable,good looks,flashy, Great handling"

Cons: "small backseat"

"what an amazing vehicle it handles and hugs the road unbelievable! Its such a fun car...so glad I have one!!"

Great car to have

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Reason: upgraded to the VR4 model

Pros: "price is good fun to drive looks great"

Cons: "heavy"

"Ive owned couple 3000GT's. i would say 1999 is the best looking car. never had any problems with any of them. i sold my 1999 base model just so i could get the 1997 VR-4 i love the car and i would highly recommend it."

Best looking and fast

By on Monday, October 03, 2011

"I have a 99 vr4 and love it. Car looks awsome and is very fast wish they still made them."

Great buy

By on Friday, January 28, 2011

"I recently purchased a 99 3000 GT SOHC base model. However the prior owner put alot of time and effort into the looks. I have complete carbon fiber hood w/scoop, roof w/scoop, and a full Carbon Fiber body kit, the back hatch is also completly carbon fiber. The interior has been completly redone to accent the White body color on the doors, It came with an aftermarket DVD/NAV system and premium audio 2 10 inch subwoofers, 2 mono chan amps and a 4 chan amp for the interior speaker system. Not to mention 19 inch premium wheels. The prior owner also added aftermarket leather bucket seats front and back. All this for $10,900 is an amazing value the carbon fiber alone by research cost just under 6,000 not to mention the audio system and after marker leather seats. The way i see it I got the car for free and am paying for all the upgrades hahaha. The only thing I was not a fan of at first was the SOHC engine but being a manual trans it still has plenty of power. The coil over suspension makes for a little rougher drive but this car was not meant to be a daily driver as it was designed for car shows. I love my 3000gt and would not trade it for anything."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi 3000GT near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for