2008 MINI Cooper

8.4

Based on 374 Ratings for the 2007 - 2008 models.

A terrific car for the money

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

"I've had my MINI Cooper for 3 years and it's still a complete joy to drive. Handling is terrific, the 6-speed reacts very well, and getting it around town is very easy. For anyone living in a city, parking this car is very easy. The gas mileage is awesome, too, and the car holds a surprisingly large amount of cargo. The drawbacks (b/c that's why you're reading this): 1. My wife hates the car. She's not in it very often but she dislikes the lack of headroom, even though she's average height. 2. The car is ok in the snow, but not great. Get snow tires and you'll be fine. 3. I always drive with the rear seats folded down, otherwise the headrests from the rear seats can block my vision when I look in my rear-view mirror. This isn't a meaningful issue for me, since this is my commuting car, but it could be for you if you intend to have other people in your car on any regular basis. 4. Backing out of spaces in a parking lot / car park can be tricky since the car is so small. I always back into spaces so that I'm driving forward when I leave. I tell anyone who asks that I love my car. I would recommend a MINI to anyone who's interested in value for their money, who loves to drive, and is comfortable driving a small car."

Fun ride great milage and soso service

By on Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Pros: "fun ok price great milage"

Cons: "Maintence"

"I love the car and get outstanding gas milage.It does what I want the only problem is the distance and pricing of service. The only place really qualified to work on a mini is a mini dealer. Mini dealers are few and far between, you find them in major metro areas only. Good luck on a cross country trip ! I love the car but difficult to maintain. Parts can be ordered on line(expensive). Maintenence manual isn't avaliable until 3 to 4 years after the year of manufactuer. There is a three year all maintence included in price but that is really an oil change every 10,000 miles they wanted me to go 18,000. I thought 10,000 wasn't frequent enough. Starting to get a few vibrations in dash at 28000 miles when shifting."

fun car

By on Sunday, November 23, 2008

"I drive this car hard-36,000 in less than a year. What a blast! My only complaints- run-flat tires create vibration that cannot be corrected and the rear view mirrow is too big! I can live w/ the speedo but the mirrow takes up too much vision. I get a constsant 33 mpg w/reg gas. I'm 58 yrs old and have owned everything from TR4's to Grand Nationals and CJ's. This car is FUN!"

excellent commuter, average 40mpg consistently

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "easy on gas"

Cons: "can be a rough ride"

"so fun to drive, have had it 4 years now and still love it. Drives a little rough on back roads but corners well, sporty and fun to drive. No complaints at all. Good reliablility overall. Grandkids love it as well!!"

Be prepared for Problems

By on Tuesday, August 24, 2010

"So many problems, so little time. Clutches go out easily, service at the dealership leaves alot to be desired. Fuel pumps go out easily. Be prepared to spend."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching MINI Cooper near Honolulu. See local deals