2003 MINI Cooper

Based on 490 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

I <3 My Mini - but they aren't for everyone

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pros: "FUN! Great unique styling, gas mileage good"

Cons: "repairs/tires never cheap, basically a 2 seater"

"The car rides like a box of rocks. It is noisy. When it breaks down it is never something cheap and easy. But This little car has so much personality I can not help but love it. It is quirky and fun. The convertible is probably its saving grace. Tall people will not ride with you. People will balk at the idea of climbing into that back seat. If you are driving, however, it is FUN! Lots of pick up, great response (I have a 6 speed manual.) Gas mileage rocks for a 6 speed manual sportster! Next I will upsize to the Countryman because I love the look but need some space."

It's all about fun

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2008

"If you count cupholders - don't buy a MINI S If you don't know how to drive - buy a Honda - really! If you want a comfortable ride - this is the last car on the planet you want to own. If you spend lots of time on the cell phone - forget about it! The MINI Cooper S is a pure driver's car - period. Don't buy it for any other reason. It doesn't get great gas mileage, it burns premium, it's not particularly quiet (because of that cool supercharger whine); and it's absolutely a great car for someone who really loves to drive. Closest thing I've found to an Indy car with turn signals. Even when you're not going fast, it sure feels like you are......... I you're the kind of person who likes diving into corners, punching the throttle through 4 wheel drifts, and rowing through the gears right at the peak of the power band, this is your $20K passport to big, big fun. NO WAY you can have this much overall performance in any car that is similar in price. Most who read this will not understand. I love the MINI. I'll just keep buying tires and brakes and going back for more. Automatic transmissions should be illegal."

A fun drive

By on Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pros: "Gas milage, reliability, Fun"

Cons: "Comfort (street challenging, pot hole) cities"

"Ive own this vehicle since 2006 and is considered a daily drive. I still enjoy the handling, gas milages, and the reliabiliy. The performance is acceptable and allows you to move when needed. Seating space is good and four average size individual will fit. Comfort is less then impressive, especially the rear seated passengers over a long haul. Overall, this is a fun car to have with its go cart handling and turbine performance."

Worst vehicle I ever purchased

By on Monday, February 25, 2008

"My 2003 Mini Cooper has given me nothing but trouble ever since the warranty ran out. The air conditioning gave out in 2006, and it cost me nearly $2000 to fix. Then the alternator went. Ok, the dealer replaced that for me for free, but only because they misdiagnosed the problem to begin with. Last year (2007), the power steering went bad, costing me about $900 to fix. All in all, I would not recommend a Mini Cooper to either friend or foe. Next time, I'll buy a Honda!"

MY BEST CAR EVER

By on Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pros: "fun and economical"

Cons: "in the true mini the back seat is not really big"

"My only con is i cant get more grandkids in back seat this car has been awesome i built the car and leased it for the first 4 yrs then bought it after lease up i have had extreme fun driving it and meeting new people with it everybody wants to know how it drives and gas usage i fill up every two weeks and go everywhere i told the grandkids whoever graduates college first gets the car after i'm done with it which isn't going to be for a while"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching MINI Cooper near Honolulu. See local deals