2014 MINI Cooper Roadster Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $34,012 - $35,013.

10/7.1

9.8

Based on 11 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Modern classic!

By on Sunday, September 07, 2014

Pros: "About the most fun you could ever have driving!"

Cons: "Really expensive to maintain"

"I can't begin to tell you how much fun this little car is to drive! Be prepared for lots of admiring stares and questions from curious passers-by because the Roadster is definitely a standout. The Roadster handles like a dream- nimble, tight and responsive and at 181 horses (on the S model) features more zip than most will need around town. Tiny though it may be this car is solid as a rock on the road, weighing as much as much bigger vehicles, thanks to the reinforcements added to the frame, so no "blowing around" on the highway! The semi-manual top is no trouble and, after a little getting used to, the toggles which control most everything else become second nature. The boot is amazingly big and the cabin is comfortable for two average-size people. On the downside, having owned the car for right at two years and a mere 8.6K miles, I have already had to replace the clutch and have learned that this is no anomaly. At about $2200 to replace (at about 5K miles!) this could add up fast. Also, at last regular maintenance, I was told that the front tires needed replacing before they were even due to be rotated. Wow. The tires these come with- run-flats, of course- do NOT have a warrantee. I will be replacing them with another brand of tire, for the record. Check owner feedback carefully before buying because there have been several such "issues" but no recalls. Overall, if the $37k+ sticker and costly maintenance don't put you off, you'll definitely smile every time you drive the Roadster."

Forget point A to B. It's the journey that counts!

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

Pros: "All you need in a fun car without the bulk"

Cons: "Paint durability against rock chip could be better"

"We've had this car for a full year and it really has been a refreshing year because of it. Two-seater is a limiting factor for many, understandably, but if it isn't or if you have more than one car the MINI roadster is just a blast to own and drive all the time. With the freedom to go and park anywhere from its small size, the trunk space makes it even more enjoyable to go on trips. And concern some may have over size and comfort really isn't an issue at all. 1 yr, 10,500 miles and it still runs like new with a peppy attitude when pushing the little "S" button. We've logged over 55% of top down and that is in a climate where winter snow and crisp cold is hard to forget. We've got so many compliments with it that it surely is enjoyable to drive something that has some character, allows you to feel more free, and put a smile on your face just driving it has practicality becomes a thing of the past."

Awesome Car!

By on Sunday, January 19, 2014

"The 2013 MINI Cooper Roadster is an all around excellent car, would recommend it any day."

MIN Roadster S -2013 Convertible

By on Monday, December 02, 2013

Pros: "Style, H Kardon audio, handling, fun factor, MPG"

Cons: "Need more leg room on passenger side"

"I am 6'4" and fit in the drivers side very nicely. Lots of available stretch legroom with the seat all the way back and lowered. This car is the so much fun to drive. Quality of the build is solid and the Harmon Kardon Audio package sounds great even with the top down. Winner!!!"

A blast to drive, I look forward to my commute

By on Thursday, August 29, 2013

"I purchased the car in Dec 2013 and I am writing this quick review Aug 29th 2013. I love this car, I've taken it on several long road trips over windy mountain passes, as well as my daily driver/commuter car and it excels in it all."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next