2014 MINI Cooper Roadster Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,607 - $25,326.

10/7.1

9.9

Based on 10 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

9.8/10
    9.8/10
Per Page:  5 | 10

Forget point A to B. It's the journey that counts!

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

Pros: "All you need in a fun car without the bulk"

Cons: "Paint durability against rock chip could be better"

"We've had this car for a full year and it really has been a refreshing year because of it. Two-seater is a limiting factor for many, understandably, but if it isn't or if you have more than one car the MINI roadster is just a blast to own and drive all the time. With the freedom to go and park anywhere from its small size, the trunk space makes it even more enjoyable to go on trips. And concern some may have over size and comfort really isn't an issue at all. 1 yr, 10,500 miles and it still runs like new with a peppy attitude when pushing the little "S" button. We've logged over 55% of top down and that is in a climate where winter snow and crisp cold is hard to forget. We've got so many compliments with it that it surely is enjoyable to drive something that has some character, allows you to feel more free, and put a smile on your face just driving it has practicality becomes a thing of the past."

Awesome Car!

By on Sunday, January 19, 2014

"The 2013 MINI Cooper Roadster is an all around excellent car, would recommend it any day."

MIN Roadster S -2013 Convertible

By on Monday, December 02, 2013

Pros: "Style, H Kardon audio, handling, fun factor, MPG"

Cons: "Need more leg room on passenger side"

"I am 6'4" and fit in the drivers side very nicely. Lots of available stretch legroom with the seat all the way back and lowered. This car is the so much fun to drive. Quality of the build is solid and the Harmon Kardon Audio package sounds great even with the top down. Winner!!!"

A blast to drive, I look forward to my commute

By on Thursday, August 29, 2013

"I purchased the car in Dec 2013 and I am writing this quick review Aug 29th 2013. I love this car, I've taken it on several long road trips over windy mountain passes, as well as my daily driver/commuter car and it excels in it all."

Maximum love for my Min Roadster

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pros: "peppy, fun, and economical on gas"

Cons: "no auto-up on windows"

"Vey well thought out approach o the Roadster class of cars with only a few missing exceptions for a 2013 model: no auto up windows, no built in garage door opener, and the windscreen is left over from Tonka Toy days, making it very hard to see at night as it is not clear. i am looking for an aftermarket product for that. despite these shortcomings in a German-engineered car, the driving is lovely although i previously drove a quattro TT that makes all other driving pale by comparison for handling curves. Peppy, reliable, and great mileage. Trunk is roomier than i thought it would be, and the shelf actually works there. Bluetooth microphone is very good but not great on the receiving end, but i hear everyone just fine. miniapp on the iphone is very good for internet radio too, and an entire year of Sirius radio is a plus. Gas tank nozzle holder is a bit shabby, so be careful when you fill up. Tricked out price was still 30K short of replacing the TT with a new TTS, and with the difference, i can enjoy a lot of holidays. haha."

Maximum love for my Min Roadster

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pros: "peppy, fun, and economical on gas"

Cons: "no auto-up on windows"

2013 Mini Roadster Convertible S- Unbelievable Fun

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "Exterior styling, sound system, well built"

Cons: "Pricey but worth it"

"Its so much fun to drive with the top down. I recently drove a new mustang convertible and it was a bucket of bolts compared to the quality of the MINI. The MINI is built well and is extremely comfortable..I am 6'3" and can fit quite well. It has a great seating position for a tall guy. The drivers side does have more room than the passengers side. I have the 6 speed and its shifts smooth and quiet. The sound system is awesome with the Harman Kardon speakers. The heated seats are smoking hot and will sizzle you."

Fun to drive sports car w/ striking looks!

By on Saturday, May 11, 2013

Pros: "Sporty Looks, Performance, Ride & Fuel Econ."

Cons: "only 2 seats; no voice activated Bluetooth"

"The 2013 Mini Cooper Roadster is a great sports car with striking sporty looks in which heads turn every time it drives by. I already liked the performance, ride and sporty looks of this car as I upgraded from the coupe in which both were new models in 2012. The roadster has the same great qualities and features of the coupe with the addition of a convertible top. The top is semi automatic which is very nice. You unlock the top manually with the turn of a knob and the top can be powered down and up by the press of a switch. As with the coupe, the ride is comfortable even on long drives, handling and performance is excellent on mountain road driving as well as down the coastline; fuel economy is great and only 1 mph less than the coupe at 35 mph versus 36 mph. This is with the automatic which also has the manual shifting capability which works very well. The trunk is large. I expected the convertible top to eat up the trunk as it does with the Audi A3 and A4, but the top is not stored in the trunk. I have as much room in the trunk as with the coupe. There is room for 2 standard suitcases and a briefcase. Behind the front seats is more storage space enough for two brief cases or sports equipment and a duffle bag. There is also a pass-through from the cockpit to the trunk for skis or other items. Interior luxury is very good with plenty of options. A lot of options are standard, including Bluetooth. Also, the automatic spoiler is great and really helps the car hug to the curves. The only con was the decision by Mini to eliminate the voice activated Bluetooth in all Mini models. (I really liked the feature but many customers found it frustrating at times when the computer misunderstood a number in a phone number as it was spoken, and the driver had to repeat the number again). Overall, I am very pleased with the car so far."

Hands down, an awesome vehicle!

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "Dynamic driving experience, loads of fun!"

Cons: "Haven't found any!"

"I absolutely love this vehicle. I have a black JCW edition roadster, loaded with options. It is fast fun and well designed. Plenty of trunk space for either road trips or trips to your local stores. It is fast, responsive, and fuel efficient. This thing turns heads wherever I go. I've had several fast and fun vehicles over the years, some very desirable, but this is thus far my favorite. Was it costly? Yes, but I believe you get what you pay for and the resale should be reasonably good also. However, I plan to keep this till I die!"

Love this vehicle

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "great look, great to drive"

Cons: "Haven't found one yet!"

"After driving both a Miata and a TR-7for 20 and 30 years, I am in love with this vehicle. It handles like a dream and the S has all the power to accelerate and handle the mountains. It is so much fun to drive up and down the mountains around all the twists and turns. I am getting about 36 mpg on long trips. This vehicle gives me a sense of security when driving on an interstate, something I did not feel with the other two vehicles. The trunk holds an amazing amount of luggage or groceries. The top is easy to put up or down. Everywhere I stop people admire it. I plan to keep this one for 20 to 30 years."

Per Page:  5 | 10