2012 MINI Cooper Roadster

9.9

Based on 9 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10
    9.8/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10

2013 Mini Roadster Convertible S- Unbelievable Fun

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "Exterior styling, sound system, well built"

Cons: "Pricey but worth it"

"Its so much fun to drive with the top down. I recently drove a new mustang convertible and it was a bucket of bolts compared to the quality of the MINI. The MINI is built well and is extremely comfortable..I am 6'3" and can fit quite well. It has a great seating position for a tall guy. The drivers side does have more room than the passengers side. I have the 6 speed and its shifts smooth and quiet. The sound system is awesome with the Harman Kardon speakers. The heated seats are smoking hot and will sizzle you."

Fun to drive sports car w/ striking looks!

By on Saturday, May 11, 2013

Pros: "Sporty Looks, Performance, Ride & Fuel Econ."

Cons: "only 2 seats; no voice activated Bluetooth"

"The 2013 Mini Cooper Roadster is a great sports car with striking sporty looks in which heads turn every time it drives by. I already liked the performance, ride and sporty looks of this car as I upgraded from the coupe in which both were new models in 2012. The roadster has the same great qualities and features of the coupe with the addition of a convertible top. The top is semi automatic which is very nice. You unlock the top manually with the turn of a knob and the top can be powered down and up by the press of a switch. As with the coupe, the ride is comfortable even on long drives, handling and performance is excellent on mountain road driving as well as down the coastline; fuel economy is great and only 1 mph less than the coupe at 35 mph versus 36 mph. This is with the automatic which also has the manual shifting capability which works very well. The trunk is large. I expected the convertible top to eat up the trunk as it does with the Audi A3 and A4, but the top is not stored in the trunk. I have as much room in the trunk as with the coupe. There is room for 2 standard suitcases and a briefcase. Behind the front seats is more storage space enough for two brief cases or sports equipment and a duffle bag. There is also a pass-through from the cockpit to the trunk for skis or other items. Interior luxury is very good with plenty of options. A lot of options are standard, including Bluetooth. Also, the automatic spoiler is great and really helps the car hug to the curves. The only con was the decision by Mini to eliminate the voice activated Bluetooth in all Mini models. (I really liked the feature but many customers found it frustrating at times when the computer misunderstood a number in a phone number as it was spoken, and the driver had to repeat the number again). Overall, I am very pleased with the car so far."

Hands down, an awesome vehicle!

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "Dynamic driving experience, loads of fun!"

Cons: "Haven't found any!"

"I absolutely love this vehicle. I have a black JCW edition roadster, loaded with options. It is fast fun and well designed. Plenty of trunk space for either road trips or trips to your local stores. It is fast, responsive, and fuel efficient. This thing turns heads wherever I go. I've had several fast and fun vehicles over the years, some very desirable, but this is thus far my favorite. Was it costly? Yes, but I believe you get what you pay for and the resale should be reasonably good also. However, I plan to keep this till I die!"

Love this vehicle

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "great look, great to drive"

Cons: "Haven't found one yet!"

"After driving both a Miata and a TR-7for 20 and 30 years, I am in love with this vehicle. It handles like a dream and the S has all the power to accelerate and handle the mountains. It is so much fun to drive up and down the mountains around all the twists and turns. I am getting about 36 mpg on long trips. This vehicle gives me a sense of security when driving on an interstate, something I did not feel with the other two vehicles. The trunk holds an amazing amount of luggage or groceries. The top is easy to put up or down. Everywhere I stop people admire it. I plan to keep this one for 20 to 30 years."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching MINI Cooper Roadster near Honolulu. See local deals