2009 MINI Cooper Hardtop

Based on 322 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Love it

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

"Best Car I've ever owned. The only problem is "Winter""

Too many probs. Expensive repairs.

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Reason: Too many problems

Pros: "Fun to drive. Lots of power. 32 MPG average."

Cons: "Codes: P0300 and P0304"

"I owned a 2008 Mini Cooper S (6-speed automatic) for 5 1/2 years. I ended up doing a trade in as I didn't have the heart to stick a private party with my problem. A problem from day one (with only 10 miles on the car): The driver's side power window was always flaky. On occasion if I'd close it, it would automatically come back down a few inches. After 30,000 miles the major/costly problems were: 1. Excessive oil consumption. It got worse over time and in the end I was adding one quart every 1,000 miles. 2. Dead battery. The dealer charged me $300. I was told they have to enter new info into the computer...you can't just buy a new battery and replace it on your own. I still question this. 3. At 33,000 miles, four new tires at the dealer...need run flat tires. $1,100. 4. Windshield replacement. A nationally known company told me with MINI they only use OEM parts because they have had too many fit problems in the past. $600+ 5. Two flat tires. Tire shops don't want to deal with run flats. Back to the dealer and their solution was to replace not plug the tires. Tires cost $275 each! 6. Carbon buildup, more than once. 7. Failed fuel injector. It filled #4 cylinder with fuel and fuel was actually coming out of the tail pipe. $1,400 Possible damage to the catalytic converter...ouch! 8. It ran rough after starting it in cold weather. On one occasion I got the low power light. 9. Numerous check engine lights, both red and yellow. NOTE: Red means park the car and get it towed. 10. Stretched timing chain. (dealer wanted $2,000 to fix it) After some research on the internet, I have since learned that the R56 Gen 2 Mini Cooper S, from 2007 to 2010 with the N14 engine is "problematic." Happy Motoring!"

I love my mini

By on Saturday, June 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage"

Cons: "Haven't found any,cause I love it"

"I have always wanted a Mini Cooper,while my daughter wants a bigger and badder truck. Me I've Always wanted a Mini Cooper and I finally got the chance to buy one,I couldn't afford to buy new but I was able to buy used with low miles I've finally gotten my dream car and I love it"

Love this car!!

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, fast, a real looker!"

Cons: "Seat belt is not made for short people!"

"I bought this car after lusting after Minis for years. I walked into the dealership and bought it without hardly any thought behind it. I am so glad I did. However, I am a fanatic about driving only in good weather (hence the low mileage) so that the other crazy drivers don't mess up my pretty little car. I love everything except one thing about my MINI - I hate the seat belts! I am only 5'2" and the seat belt cuts across my throat to the point where I end up with seat belt burns. I have tried installing the factory seat belt clips but they are cheap and come off easily. I would love to put a five-point harness or something similar in my MINI to get rid of the current seat belt."

want too upgrade too 2014 with heated leather seat

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pros: "great looks fun driving"

Cons: "no heated seats , no led lights"

parked

"great sports car"

parked

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching MINI Cooper Hardtop near Honolulu. See local deals