• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 MINI Cooper Countryman Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,506 - $22,125.

10/7.1

8.1

Based on 54 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

7.6/10

Love the car, not the pickup.

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Styling, interior, sunroof, functionality, space"

Cons: "Pickup, gas mileage, repair costs"

"If I were to do it again, I'd pony up the extra cash for the 'S' model. I had a Clubman S, and downgrading to the base is very noticeable. The pickup on my car is terrible and the gas mileage isn't so great either. I hope with the redesign in 2016-2017 we see these 2 items addressed! Otherwise, I am a die-hard Mini fan - love everything else about my Countryman."

Love the car, not the pickup.

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Styling, interior, sunroof, functionality, space"

Cons: "Pickup, gas mileage, repair costs"

Did I make a mistake.......

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

Pros: "Good styling, ALL4, Options and handling"

Cons: "Under powered engine, poor fuel efficiency, expens"

"I had MINI Cooper S 2011 hardtop, that was an amazing car I ever had. Loved it crazy! But it had its own reliability issues and was terribly bad on snow. Hence, I decided to change for ALL4 Countryman and chose to take the AUTOMATIC instead of stick shift due to the fact, that wanted my wife MINNIE to drive a MINI. Which I suppose was a BIG mistake, this car crawls compared to hardtop, really CRAWLS. I even asked the dealer if I can return it, it was that bad. I liked all other features on countryman it is well built but the engineers at MINI, even after 4 years of launch they never listened to all complaints from existing customers to change the engine or to lose some weight. During my test drive, I really did not think about the pickup b'cos thought going from stick shift to automatic, I would feel the sluggishness and thought it will fade away after few drives, but not..... The cost of the vehicle cannot be justified at all for this performance. I am a MINI fan and hence got it but I would not suggest for others. MINI need to change a lot for me to recommend this to others (I did recommend hard top and people did buy and are enjoying). I would definitely change the vehicle ASAP if, I get my ROI covered. Fuel efficiency in pathetic for such a small car and also they should recommend users for regular gas instead of premium, anyway for this weight the car is being dragged and there is no MINI fun and then what is the point of using premium fuel."

Love it

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "great deal, very fun to drive"

"I just purchased my 2013 and I LOVE it. It is fully loaded and very fun to drive."

Not worth the price

By on Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Pros: "Looks cute from outside"

Cons: "Every thing else is wrong"

"My biggest disappointments : Car won't beep when you lock it (MINI and BMW's gift to car owners) Manual seat control is horrible Poor design with controls. Way behind in technology that you get for 30K cars We own it for about a year, over all it is a decent car, but if I am give a chance to go back and think about my purchase I won't buy it. This car has many design problems that MINI didn't care for years. Open car door quickly water will spill on seats on rainy days. Got check engine light and had to replace a part in engine at less than 2K miles. Some times I wonder can we return cars, like we do with other merchandise. Like BMW, they are selling these vehicles on brand name and looks. Save your money and buy a more practical and useful car. Don't get tempted by its looks."