• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 MINI Cooper Countryman Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,497 - $22,116.

10/7.1

8.1

Based on 53 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

7.6/10

Really Different

By on Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Pros: "Gas Miles, an answer to being board, AWD, fun"

Cons: "Lack of lumbar support with leatherette so I am buying a pillow"

"Very cool car! Don't expect it to be of the Norm because its not. If you are bored with the same old same old, clunky,too big, too many on the road and everyone has one, don't get this. Heads will turn, you will smile when you see the gas miles, is quick, cute and has just enough room. If you are an empty nester and have a traffic filled commute and need to pick up an occasional grandchild as well as taking the Dog to the Vet, this might be a perfect fit. Plus its AWD, what more could you ask for?"

A great, fun alternative to traditional SUVs!

By on Friday, May 11, 2012

Pros: "Fast, nimble and solid; All Wheel Drive grip"

Cons: "MINI (non) ergonomics, Average Reliability"

"We have had the countryman All4 S Automatic for about 6,000 miles and we love it. This this the perfect car for our small family. Rear facing Infant seat fits nicely behind 6' tall front passengers. The trunk is small but can still fit our stroller and luggage for two adults and all the necessary gear for an infant with out folding down the rear seat. We have the bench seat, and each seat can fold down on its own which creates even more flexible loading options. Four adults can easily fit comfortably in the car, and five can fit for shorter road trips (2hours or less) Oh by the way, this car is a blast to drive. You will forget that you are driving a "crossover". In the All4 Cooper S platform, even the automatic is sporty. If you press the SPORT button, the steering gets even more tight and the throttle response shoots up. It truly feels like you are driving a car that is meant to race. There really is no other car on the market that can match its performance, practicality, AWD grip and fuel efficiency. The Acura RDX comes close in terms of performance and practicality but it is more expensive and has horrible fuel efficiency. The Jetta TDI sportwagen is great, but no AWD. The Cayenne will beat the Countryman performance wise I suppose but seriously, a Cayenne? It's easily twice the price of the All4 Countryman. Speaking of cost, the car is not cheap. It is not hard to price one out one for $35K. Creative BMW financing might make this car more affordable. We highly recommend the Countryman and hope that MINI brings to the states the Diesel engine for even more fuel efficiency."

Very Cool

By on Sunday, July 17, 2011

Pros: "Too many to list"

Cons: "Would like a power seat and an arm rest that you can rest your arm on."

"You need to buy this car!!!!! Once you own you will wonder way you waited so long. A blast to drive. Very good visibility, great stereo, Like the mood lighting, excellent gas mileage."

Awesome little machine

By on Monday, December 03, 2012

Pros: "gas saver"

Cons: "cargo space"

"This car is great, I took it for a road trip with the wife and my two kids with "carseats" from TX to CA and back with no issues, next trip will be to Florida or Colorado next summer!!!"

Just love MINI!!!!

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, good gas mileage, fun to drive!"

Cons: "? I have to work and sleep on occasion!"

"I had a 2006 MINI S convertible and kept knocking my head getting grand-kids in and out. Love, love, loved that car! The Countryman came out and went for a test drive, it was a no brainer. Even larger bodied, the Turbo kicked the supercharged engines butt. Entry with kids and car-seats a breeze, and handling was awesome. My trade-in with the old one was so good that I got better options. I do wish I had gotten the all wheel drive though. My adult daughters prefer riding in this one too. They say it rides smoother (18vs16 in. tires?) and they don't feel as confined as in the older one. I can actually go to more than one store at a time to buy things because of cargo space!"

See if you qualify for