2014 MINI Cooper Countryman Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,988 - $21,645.

10/7.1

8.1

Based on 56 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

7.6/10

Fun To Drive - Lacks Basic Design Features

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pros: "Fun To Drive"

Cons: "Missing Some Basic Design Features That You Expect"

"I purchased the Countryman S after driving a pickup truck for 10 years fully expecting to be blown away. I wasn't. It is a very high performance car, but it lacks some really basic features that I would expect a $30K car to have. For example, the center console is a joke (and is not standard you have to buy it extra). Not enough room to store much of anything. Also, there is not an overhead storage area for glasses and sunglasses. There is a small inconvenient storage location in the center console strip to store 1 pair of glasses. Since I have 3 pairs I am out of luck. The base radio is very poor quality. If you are considering purchasing one of these cars, spend the $$ for the better stereo. The hands-free phone feature does not include texting, only phone calls. My pickup truck had a true hands-free system which was nice and I miss it. Also, the side mirrors sit low and are partially covered by the door. When you are sitting in the driver's seat, you can't see the entire passenger side mirror which causes a blind spot. Lastly, the MPG is at least 20% less than sticker. I get 28-29 HWY MPG and 26-27 Combined MPG. The sticker said 28 Combined and 34 HWY. Overall I am disappointed. I would not buy another until they improve these basic design flaws."

Best car ive ever owned

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Pros: "fun car"

"Great car all around."

Great fun car to drive

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, fun, reliable"

Cons: "small, limited storage"

"This car has been a joy to drive. The four door countryman is still sporty and the manual transmission brought back many great memories of younger days. The small size is inconvenient and requires a family with multiple vehicles for any activities that require storage."

Year 1 Review

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "Driving dynamics, look..."

Cons: "Gas mileage, sunroof shade"

"I've had my Mini Countryman for 1 year and thought it time for a review. What do I like. The looks, driving dynamic, brakes, fun factor, quality build, transmission, engine get up and go, I can fit 4 people and easy access to back seat, added space for carrying stuff in boot and fact that it's a unique car that not a lot of people in my area own. What I don't like. Mediocre gas mileage for a car this small, uses premium gas, mesh sun shade on sunroofs which lets in way too much heat and light, run flat tires, limited interior storage and badly placed, and too small, cup holders. Overall this has been a great car. I'm leasing and will I keep in when lease ends -- still undecided on that issue."

Great looking - but underperforms

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Pros: "looks good"

Cons: "bad interior, terrible transmission in base model"

"I wish I had bought the "S" model, because the automatic transmission in the 2012 Countryman is far below expectations in terms of getting off the line. "Sport Mode" helps to improve the transmission performance, but it must be enabled every time you start the car (and there are some drawbacks to the use of "sport mode"). The 2012 Countryman has a bunch of BAD (which we considered "quirky" when we bought it) design features. Nearly ALL of these bad choices have been fixed in the next year's models. (for instance, window controls moved to from console to door, back seats converted to bench without the separating rail, standard center arm rest) I have had buyer's remorse with this car since month one. It is essentially a highly styled, expensive "Toyota Matrix" but without the zip. I was shocked to drive my mother-in-laws 5+ year old Matrix only to find out that it was a much better drive than my Countryman. Disappointed!"