• 2014 Compact Car Buyer's Guide

2011 MINI Cooper Countryman

8.1

Based on 54 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

7.6/10
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Great fun car to drive

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, fun, reliable"

Cons: "small, limited storage"

"This car has been a joy to drive. The four door countryman is still sporty and the manual transmission brought back many great memories of younger days. The small size is inconvenient and requires a family with multiple vehicles for any activities that require storage."

Year 1 Review

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "Driving dynamics, look..."

Cons: "Gas mileage, sunroof shade"

"I've had my Mini Countryman for 1 year and thought it time for a review. What do I like. The looks, driving dynamic, brakes, fun factor, quality build, transmission, engine get up and go, I can fit 4 people and easy access to back seat, added space for carrying stuff in boot and fact that it's a unique car that not a lot of people in my area own. What I don't like. Mediocre gas mileage for a car this small, uses premium gas, mesh sun shade on sunroofs which lets in way too much heat and light, run flat tires, limited interior storage and badly placed, and too small, cup holders. Overall this has been a great car. I'm leasing and will I keep in when lease ends -- still undecided on that issue."

Great looking - but underperforms

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Pros: "looks good"

Cons: "bad interior, terrible transmission in base model"

"I wish I had bought the "S" model, because the automatic transmission in the 2012 Countryman is far below expectations in terms of getting off the line. "Sport Mode" helps to improve the transmission performance, but it must be enabled every time you start the car (and there are some drawbacks to the use of "sport mode"). The 2012 Countryman has a bunch of BAD (which we considered "quirky" when we bought it) design features. Nearly ALL of these bad choices have been fixed in the next year's models. (for instance, window controls moved to from console to door, back seats converted to bench without the separating rail, standard center arm rest) I have had buyer's remorse with this car since month one. It is essentially a highly styled, expensive "Toyota Matrix" but without the zip. I was shocked to drive my mother-in-laws 5+ year old Matrix only to find out that it was a much better drive than my Countryman. Disappointed!"

I LOVE MY MINI!

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

"FUN CAR! HANDLES THE MN WINTERS REALLY WELL (I HAVE COUNTRYMAN ALL WHEEL DRIVE)."

Nice car for younger people

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

"Great car ,not enough power,rides very rough"

Great speed, fun interior, flexible use

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "Unique, thrilling, comfortable, fun tech, eco"

Cons: "Pricey, not meant to be automatic"

"I don't know many cars that can haul down the highway, fit four-five passengers comfortably, offer decent gas mileage, take on the snow/rain/dirt like champ, and all at a reasonable price. Having BMW build this car puts me a little more at ease with the bumper-to-bumper warranty and the excellent safety ratings. This is my second MINI and by far my favorite. It's different--not your day-to-day sedans everyone and their mother owns. Trendy but efficient. MINI offers thousands of customizable options to create your unique car. No car is perfect and I'm not looking forward to the expenses after the warranty runs out, but that's a problem most cars and their owners run into. I've always owned GM cars, but wanted something out of the ordinary. MINI certainly delivers. I get compliments everywhere I go and have had people roll down their windows mid-highway to ask me how I like the car. I'm a little bias, but I feel cars like MINI's are meant to be manual. All turbo, small-liter cars should be manual; and the manual doesn't disappoint. Smooth shifting, light clutch, and so much fun to drive."

It has a Lo jack installed & interior & exterior p

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive...nice sounds system"

Cons: "You can charge your phone, w/o the key"

With two sunroofs

"It has a Lo jack installed & interior & exterior protection for 5 years"

With two sunroofs

Love the car, not the pickup

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Styling, space, functionality, sunroof"

Cons: "Pickup, MPG, cost of repairs"

"If I were to do it again, I'd pony up the extra cash for the 'S' model. I had a Clubman S, and downgrading to the base is very noticeable. The pickup on my car is terrible and the gas mileage isn't so great either. I hope with the redesign in 2016-2017 we see these 2 items addressed! Otherwise, I am a die-hard Mini fan - love everything else about my Countryman."

Cons: "Pickup, gas mileage, repair costs"

Did I make a mistake.......

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

Pros: "Good styling, ALL4, Options and handling"

Cons: "Under powered engine, poor fuel efficiency, expens"

"I had MINI Cooper S 2011 hardtop, that was an amazing car I ever had. Loved it crazy! But it had its own reliability issues and was terribly bad on snow. Hence, I decided to change for ALL4 Countryman and chose to take the AUTOMATIC instead of stick shift due to the fact, that wanted my wife MINNIE to drive a MINI. Which I suppose was a BIG mistake, this car crawls compared to hardtop, really CRAWLS. I even asked the dealer if I can return it, it was that bad. I liked all other features on countryman it is well built but the engineers at MINI, even after 4 years of launch they never listened to all complaints from existing customers to change the engine or to lose some weight. During my test drive, I really did not think about the pickup b'cos thought going from stick shift to automatic, I would feel the sluggishness and thought it will fade away after few drives, but not..... The cost of the vehicle cannot be justified at all for this performance. I am a MINI fan and hence got it but I would not suggest for others. MINI need to change a lot for me to recommend this to others (I did recommend hard top and people did buy and are enjoying). I would definitely change the vehicle ASAP if, I get my ROI covered. Fuel efficiency in pathetic for such a small car and also they should recommend users for regular gas instead of premium, anyway for this weight the car is being dragged and there is no MINI fun and then what is the point of using premium fuel."

Love it

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "great deal, very fun to drive"

"I just purchased my 2013 and I LOVE it. It is fully loaded and very fun to drive."

Not worth the price

By on Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Pros: "Looks cute from outside"

Cons: "Every thing else is wrong"

"My biggest disappointments : Car won't beep when you lock it (MINI and BMW's gift to car owners) Manual seat control is horrible Poor design with controls. Way behind in technology that you get for 30K cars We own it for about a year, over all it is a decent car, but if I am give a chance to go back and think about my purchase I won't buy it. This car has many design problems that MINI didn't care for years. Open car door quickly water will spill on seats on rainy days. Got check engine light and had to replace a part in engine at less than 2K miles. Some times I wonder can we return cars, like we do with other merchandise. Like BMW, they are selling these vehicles on brand name and looks. Save your money and buy a more practical and useful car. Don't get tempted by its looks."

Oversized mini lost the go cart feel

By on Monday, November 25, 2013

Pros: "roomy for a small car"

Cons: "harsh ride, reliability poor weather braking."

"It is not a bad car but.... Larger size lost the go cart feel. I have had a number of repair issues including having the 3rd clutch put in. The AWD works well in the snow but not a lot of clearance for deeper snow but the brakes in wet weather and snow are the worst I have ever driven. I can't explain it but in mild snow depths I would skid and slide down the slightest inclines. Also I have the sport suspension and it rides way to harsh for the benefit gained in handling. It ale has a very annoying bounce on rough curves. You feel like you are losing control. What is the point of a good handling car if you can't throw it into a turn. I got a fully loaded minus Nav and in 20/20 hind sight I could have purchased many other better cars. A stripped down s is a good option but don't put lipstick on a pig with the option packages."

Too many noises

By on Friday, November 22, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "all of the warning noises/cupholder"

"This car is relentless in making noises. Don't fasten the seat belt, it won't shut up. The gas tank is so small that with a 1/4 tank left in it you get the gas warning over the digital speedo and it gets even worse when the tank gets to two bars. You can't just reset it and have it go away... with the not-so-good gas mileage, the tank empties rather quickly. The tires are so sensitive that you get low tire warnings when the weather changes and the stupid warnings again over the speedo, you clear them and they still keep popping up. Yet, when you need an oil change it doesn't really warn you in any way....the most important maintenance item and its quiet... Let's not even talk about the horrible cupholders and no center armrest, and the lack of acceleration from a dead stop. The car is fun to drive, but all of the periphial noises, warnings are enough to drive you nuts. Not going to buy another one."

MINI OWNER FOR LIFE

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Cons: "Blue Tooth speaker for hands free sucks, iPhone co"

"I am on my 2nd Mini and LOVE those cars! They are so much fun to drive, great looking, handle just like a BMW, and the service is AMAZING! They go out of the way to make sure you are taken care of with no hassle and irritating problems."

Truely Surprised!

By on Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pros: "Bang for the Buck"

Cons: "Can't find any at this point"

"Just bought the Countryman All4 S. The experiance at MINI was great! I am very pleased with the performance and handling of this vehicle. The 6 speed manual is a blast. My other vehicle is a Jeep Wrangler and this is as much if not more fun to drive! I have owned Mustang GT's and a Trans AM GTA and this ranks up there on the fun factor! If you need an all wheel drive 4 door vehicle that is fun, this one's for you!"

best fun car ever

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive and comfortable"

Cons: "noisy run flat tires which do not last long"

"fun car to drive and very dependable. does well in any weather"

Worst car I ever owned!

By on Sunday, October 13, 2013

Pros: "Looks pretty on the outside"

Cons: "Terrible functionality"

"I have owned the Mini Cooper S Countryman for two years now. In less than a year of ownership, the car had engine problems relating to the fuel pump, which they repaired a year ago. Now, a year later, the same problem reoccured. My car was definitely defective from the production line. Additionally, the functionality of this model has been hard on me as a driver. This was a very expensive car, financially and emotionally;because of the engine problems, and it has been quite unreliable to drive. From the Mini Cooper service department, I have accumulated 15 invoices in 17 months of ownership. The dealership continues to ignore my plight with the vehicle they sold me, so after the engine repair I will buy a different car."

$1300 cup holders!

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "cute car"

Cons: "cupholder design flaw will cost me $1300 plus"

"The salesperson won't tell you this, but you should NEVER place a cup with any fluid beverage in the cupholders. Why? First, the poorly designed cupholders can and will puncture any styrofoam cup at some point. What's the big deal...it's just a mess to clean up...right? No, MINI designed a cupholder that allows any liquid (or even condensation) to leak through the cupholder and onto the electronics below which control the gear shifter. Worse than paying $1300 on something they say is customer negligence (I say engineering negligence!) is that the extended warranties I paid over $2000 for will not cover it. My cupholders will have yellow hazard tape over them for the life of my car now as I can pay $1300 to have the repair done today and have another problem develop again and again until I finally sell this piece of junk. Has happened to many owners. Google it and see for yourself!"

Fun to drive

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

"I went from owning an AUDI A4 2.8 and find more power out of this 1.6 liter engine with turbo plus the ride is more responsive than most european cars. This puppy is so much fun to drive . LOVE IT!!!"

I'd buy another!

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

Pros: "Nice design, great handling and gets lots of looks"

Cons: "There's not enough places to store glasses"

"This is my second Mini. I like the convenience of 4 doors and when you put the rear seats down, the storage space for travelling(w/2 people) is outstanding. It performs well, handles great and gets 27MPG daily and 31 MPG on trips. I got 22K miles out of my first set of tires, the RFTs(run flat tires)are hard and you feel the bumps; but, that's what Minis do. If you want a soft cushy ride buy something else. This is a drivers car."

great responsive driving

By on Friday, June 28, 2013

Pros: "fun responsive......4 door and hatch entry great"

Cons: "a little small for husbands wheelchair"

"...great city car....hiway driving is stable and feel very safe at higher speeds"

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching MINI Cooper Countryman near Honolulu. See local deals