• 2014 Compact Car Buyer's Guide

2011 MINI Cooper Countryman

8.1

Based on 53 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

7.6/10

Year 1 Review

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "Driving dynamics, look..."

Cons: "Gas mileage, sunroof shade"

"I've had my Mini Countryman for 1 year and thought it time for a review. What do I like. The looks, driving dynamic, brakes, fun factor, quality build, transmission, engine get up and go, I can fit 4 people and easy access to back seat, added space for carrying stuff in boot and fact that it's a unique car that not a lot of people in my area own. What I don't like. Mediocre gas mileage for a car this small, uses premium gas, mesh sun shade on sunroofs which lets in way too much heat and light, run flat tires, limited interior storage and badly placed, and too small, cup holders. Overall this has been a great car. I'm leasing and will I keep in when lease ends -- still undecided on that issue."

Great looking - but underperforms

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Pros: "looks good"

Cons: "bad interior, terrible transmission in base model"

"I wish I had bought the "S" model, because the automatic transmission in the 2012 Countryman is far below expectations in terms of getting off the line. "Sport Mode" helps to improve the transmission performance, but it must be enabled every time you start the car (and there are some drawbacks to the use of "sport mode"). The 2012 Countryman has a bunch of BAD (which we considered "quirky" when we bought it) design features. Nearly ALL of these bad choices have been fixed in the next year's models. (for instance, window controls moved to from console to door, back seats converted to bench without the separating rail, standard center arm rest) I have had buyer's remorse with this car since month one. It is essentially a highly styled, expensive "Toyota Matrix" but without the zip. I was shocked to drive my mother-in-laws 5+ year old Matrix only to find out that it was a much better drive than my Countryman. Disappointed!"

I LOVE MY MINI!

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

"FUN CAR! HANDLES THE MN WINTERS REALLY WELL (I HAVE COUNTRYMAN ALL WHEEL DRIVE)."

Nice car for younger people

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

"Great car ,not enough power,rides very rough"

Great speed, fun interior, flexible use

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "Unique, thrilling, comfortable, fun tech, eco"

Cons: "Pricey, not meant to be automatic"

"I don't know many cars that can haul down the highway, fit four-five passengers comfortably, offer decent gas mileage, take on the snow/rain/dirt like champ, and all at a reasonable price. Having BMW build this car puts me a little more at ease with the bumper-to-bumper warranty and the excellent safety ratings. This is my second MINI and by far my favorite. It's different--not your day-to-day sedans everyone and their mother owns. Trendy but efficient. MINI offers thousands of customizable options to create your unique car. No car is perfect and I'm not looking forward to the expenses after the warranty runs out, but that's a problem most cars and their owners run into. I've always owned GM cars, but wanted something out of the ordinary. MINI certainly delivers. I get compliments everywhere I go and have had people roll down their windows mid-highway to ask me how I like the car. I'm a little bias, but I feel cars like MINI's are meant to be manual. All turbo, small-liter cars should be manual; and the manual doesn't disappoint. Smooth shifting, light clutch, and so much fun to drive."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching MINI Cooper Countryman near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for