2013 MINI Cooper Convertible

Based on 341 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

i LOVE THE CAR BUT i NEED AN AUTOMATIC.

By on Wednesday, December 03, 2014

"I don't know what you call the special lights but they are above the rear view mirror. You can change them from blue to pink, purple or orange. And it has full floor mats."

waste of money

By on Sunday, November 30, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "falls apart, too expensive to repair, not reliable"

"My car is only 6 years old and needs a new transmission because just one part can't be fixed. Have to replace the entire transmission. This is on top of other problems I've had. Many plastic pieces within the car have broken, and repairs are too expensive."

Do not buy this car without an extended warranty

By on Saturday, November 29, 2014

"Fun car but typical English reliabilt!"

I <3 My MINI!

By on Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Pros: "Striking looks, good gas mileage and performance"

Cons: "expensive upkeep, german parts etc"

"These are super fun cars. So much speed and agility in such a little package. Perfect to get through traffic. Watch the movie "The Italian Job" that is how you feel when you drive it. Make sure you go with the S model"

Quick, responsive, head-turning fun

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pros: "Handles like a grown-up go-cart"

Cons: "No local dealer, so I have to travel for service."

"I bought this new, as a second car to drive to work and back, around town, and for short hauls alone. Mini made it as close to perfect, for those uses, as I can imagine. The S is as quick to accelerate and as responsive to the wheel as advertised. The most pleasant surprise is how solid it feels, for a small car. And great gas mileage, to boot."

Get the S version

By on Friday, November 14, 2014

Pros: "good gas mileage, power and comfortable. Fun too"

Cons: "tire life, premium gas, brake dust"

"Turbo manual 6 speed is definitely the way to go (Cooper - S). I also tried the Cooper hardtop (not the S version) and it was under powered (in my opinion) getting onto the highway with a couple of passengers. Gas mileage for me is about 39 on the highway (exceeding the rating of 34 hwy) which is a very nice surprise. And there is a great amount of power with the S version (turbo). It's quite comfortable and easy to get in/out. The storage in the back is good and carries a surprising amount. I did a cross country trip and even driving 10 hours in a single day I wasn't stiff or sore from the ride. The extras such as heated seats, double visor, hidden security compartment, adjustable color interior lighting as all great touches. The bad. Brake dust on the front wheel rims is annoying and must be cleaned weekly. Tires are run flat (i.e. no spare tire) and only last about 30K miles before needing replacement. Need to use premium gas (don't use mid-grade either) or you'll get 'varnishing' in the engine that needs to be cleaned up or performance really suffers."

Mini but max everything else

By on Saturday, November 08, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, zippy, unique, comfortable inside"

Cons: "Mpg is ave., expensive BMW parts, lots of sensors"

"This little car packs a punch on every category. Although small in size, it provides comfort and drive every enthusiast would truly enjoy. Drives great, steers around corners like a pro, exceeds safety standards and provides every amenity a driver might need. Not your average sedan or hatchback. Owners have pride in this vehicle, because it is just that, unique in its class and a car everyone deserves to be in."

great quality, fun to look at and drive

By on Saturday, October 11, 2014

Pros: "fun, economical, practical and sporty"

Cons: "lousy seat and carpet material"

"great, fun, reliable, practical, and great value"

My #1 car.

By on Saturday, September 20, 2014

Pros: "Fun,Safe,value,reliability,economic."

Cons: "a bit bumpy,on these type of roads"

"I have always purchased new vehicles.This one out of the eight others has been the most reliable,safest and by far most fun to drive.I'm comparing to a couple of performance cars that I previously owned."

Replace both the Turbo and Enginein first year-201

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

"I had to replace engine and Turbo charger in the first year of ownership,less that a few months after the warranty had expired. Other that that , I love the size and handling the ease of acceleration, and cornering capabilities. Fun to drive"

Love My Mini

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, great on gas, very comfortable"

Cons: "backseat leg room"

"This has been a very reliable car and is very fun to drive. I've had several cars and this one is probably my favorite. Its quick, very nimble, great on gas and very comfortable."

this car gets complements all the time!

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

Pros: "cute, fun to drive, unique"

Cons: "low reputation for reliability"

"This is a beautiful convertible--black exterior, black rims, and black leather interior. It is a turbo-charged, manual transmission beauty that is very fun to drive. The drive is a little rough sometimes due to the tight suspension, but overall I love zipping around town in this vehicle."

Depreciates Like Crazy!!

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "Fun drive, cute appearance, 3 years free maint."

Cons: "Depreciation, high maint costs after 3 years"

"I love driving my little Mini Coop Convertible, but next month I will have had it 2 years and it has depreciated so much that I just want to get rid of it. I understand that new cars depreciate significantly as soon as you take ownership, but I did research and Minis seem to depreciate at a higher rate than many many other vehicles. I have the lowest interest rate Mini offered in 2012 and have paid a great deal on the car and I will still be upside down by roughly $2k. I've kept up with the value on them for the past 6 months and my car with normal mileage has depreciated by $1,500 in just those 6 months. I talked to a Mini salesperson and even though he tried to make excuses as to why I would be upside down on a trade-in, he really didn't seem to have a single explanation as to why the car lost so much value so quickly. I've also done some research into after free maintenance/warranty maintenance costs and they are totally outrageous. Oil changes are high even for synthetics and a new battery is over $300 when installed at the dealership. I was going to purchase another Mini but after all of this information came to light, I can't justify the purchase. You're significantly upside down if you keep the car less than 3-4 years but if you keep it after the 3 years free maintenance, then you end up paying super high costs for regular upkeep. I feel a little trapped, so the best option I can see is to just be a little disappointed about not having my fun little car and buy a car that holds its value a little better and has reasonable maintenance costs."

Great fun to drive and travel in.

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

Pros: "Performance, economy, comfort, looks"

Cons: "Size for 3 or more"

"By far the most fun car for the money on the road. Great traveling car, particularly on the "twisties". Very stimulating driving sensation. More GO than most of us can or will ever use. Unbeleviably roomy and comfortable for two - even for 6+ footers. Late 1980's Porsche Carrarea performance in a spiffy 2010 econo-box. One of the truly great and memorable cars of this era."

FUN and FAST!

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pros: "precise handling; quick acceleration"

Cons: "a bit noisy compared to a "luxury car""

"I have enjoyed every minute of driving this car! There's no way to compare it to a "luxury vehicle"...it is a "sports car" and rides/drives like a "sports car". Don't expect to have a perfectly smooth ride. Even though it is small, it is roomy in the front cabin. It handles very well, quickly, precisely, and very fast. It is also fun and quirky."

Fun to drive.

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

"The car is zippy and fun to drive, especially on a curvy road. Having a 6 speed gives you more power and control,but it can be a bear in stop and go traffic. Because of it's small size it's easy to find parking places. That said ,because of it's small size you have to be very aware of the cars around you as you are not always in their field of vision. People in Suvs and trucks often just don't see a small car especially if it's black and silver like mine. If you want a fun ride buy it. Just make it a bright color."

Fun to drive, service cost meh

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

"I originally bought this used in May 2011 with 20,000 miles. It is fun to drive and gets a good mileage. I get about city and highway combined at 29mpg. My only complaint are the cost of service and the noise when hitting pot holes. If you're thinking of buying a Mini Cooper, buy it new. The service costs can be compared with BMWs and Volkswagen. You've been warned. For basic maintenance like oil change, do it yourself because an average oil change is about $120. That's not even going to the Mini dealership. The oil $40 (AMAZON sells it) + filter $10. That's only $50 if you do it yourself. Overall, it is fun to drive if you do not have a big family."

Great Hot Hatch BUT...

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "Styling, handling, "fun" factor, BMW engineering"

Cons: "Reliability, BMW parts/repair $, lousy stereo"

"This is a GREAT car if you can work on cars yourself OR if you buy a MINI Next/CPO or private warranty. This is an enthusiast's car, plain and simple. If you are not comfortable doing your own repairs and maintenance, or don't know anyone who is, buy a Ford/Honda/Toyota instead. This is an AWFUL car if you buy it out of warranty and have to pay someone else to fix it. Again, if you are not comfortable doing your own repairs and maintenance, or don't know anyone who is, buy a Ford/Honda/Toyota instead. This car is one of the best-looking and driving front-wheel-drive cars on the road, period. It handles like a go-kart, and accelerates better than anything this size has the right. It feels heavy and solidly-built, has 6 airbags, and inspires confidence in traffic, or driving in town. It gets great mileage (I have the S, and NEVER get less than 30 mpg driving it hard all the time, and on the highway, I get 34 mpg without fail). Women and kids love it. I love it. When I walk out to my garage in the morning to commute to work, it literally makes me smile every time I see it. I've had it for 2 years, and it still makes me happy. Mine has the lounge leather heated seats, and most other options including the sunroof. It is flat-out a beautiful car. I replaced the stock MINI Boost stereo with MBQuart/Rockford Fosgate stuff, and that was pretty much the only design flaw: the radio is AWFUL. The upgraded HK system doesn't sound much better either, so my advice is to find one with the base Boost setup and at least add a sub. I tore everything out and re-did the whole system, and it was worth every hour and penny to do so. I also lowered the car and swapped out the run-flat Dunlaps for regular tires. It rides and handles way better. I have a can of Fix-A-Flat, a mini air compressor, and AAA instead, as the MINI S doesn't come with a spare tire. The base Cooper does. Now for the bad. This car has some well-known design/engineering/manufacturing issues. 1. The N14 engine, found in the '07-'10 r55/56/57 MCSs was manufactured with a faulty timing chain tensioner. It apparently allows too much slack in the timing chain, and as a result, allows the chain to slap around against the chain guides. Eventually, the guides break, the chain stretches, and the engine WILL fail, catastrophically, as this is an interference-type engine design. For years, MINI/BMW claimed there was no such issue, until this past year, when they finally sent out a service bulletin to affected cars' owners to repair or replace the timing setup for free. Mine was repaired by MINI at no charge, but others whose cars failed prior to the service bulletin weren't so lucky. The internet forums are FULL of MCS owners who had to replace engines at their own expense until MINI fessed up to the problem. MINI has reimbursed these owners as far as I know, but I'm sure they lost more than one customer as a result. The 2011 and later MSC has the n18 engine, which doesn't have the same issue apparently. Google "Mini Cooper Death Rattle" for more info. If you buy one, MAKE SURE this repair has been done. If not, don't buy the car, period. 2. The N14 engine is prone to oil buildup/coking on the intake valves due to the design of the PCV system design. Oil blows out of the PCV valve, through the vacuum tube, into the intake manifold, where it becomes burned onto the intake valves as it's a direct injection motor and thus gas doesn't clean off the valves as it would with a conventional injection setup. This causes acceleration hesitation, can throw engine fault codes, and worsens gas mileage, to the point that some cars have become undriveable until either being treated with Sea Foam or similar engine treatments, OR by blasting the intake valves clean with walnut shells. MINI denies this is an issue even though it's well documented on various forums. Google Mini Cooper Carbon Buildup;" you'll find plenty of stories. Mine also has had this problem. Running half a bottle of Sea Foam through the vacuum line every oil change appears to take care of it, so hopefully it doesn't get to the point where the head needs to come off and valves need replacing. The dealers know about this too, and many use Sea Foam or similar products to treat it, but MINI's official position has been silence, as best as I can tell. You can check to see if a car has this issue: take it out on the highway, get it up to 50-60 in top gear, and floor the accelerator to about 70 mph. The car shouldn't stutter or miss. If it does, it has this issue and it needs to be treated. 3. The Dunlap run-flat tires run approx $400 apiece. That's APIECE. Add to that the cost of rebuilding the TPMS sensors, and you're looking at $1500 every time it needs tires. If you buy this car, invest in a AAA membership, and swap out the RFs for regular tires. It'll be quieter, ride better, and it won't cost you $1500 for tires. You're welcome. 4. BMW repair costs. The car is designed, engineered, and built by BMW. It is VERY expensive to maintain this car if you choose to do so at the dealership. Learn to do maintenance stuff yourself, find a friend who does and will, or find a local indy Euro car garage and become friends. Also, this is a German car, and as such, requires a higher level of maintenance than your average American or Japanese car. It's just the way they are. Things on this car are wear items where they really aren't on other cars. Control arms/bushings, etc., need regular replacing on German/Euro cars and not on Toyotas, for example. Also, order your parts from Rockauto or some similar site to save BIG $$$ on parts costs. 5. BMW recommends oil change intervals of 10K-20K with synthetic oil. I think 10K is probably pushing it for a small, high-compression turbo engine. Do 5k-7.5k to stay safe. I use Wix filters and Mobil 1 0W30 every 5k-7.5k (rec'd by BMW/MINI for this car) and have no issues. You're on your own if you go 20k miles between changes. 6. The car also has a well-known issue of the thermostat temp sensor failing. When it does, it fails so that thermostat is in the "open" position which means the car is driveable so long as you can stand the CEL (check engine light) being on. The problem is that the thermostat and sensor are molded into this ridiculous Jarvic-heart-looking device that costs over $100 just for the part and is a royal PIA to reach/swap out because it's buried under a bunch of other hoses and stuff.. Mine failed at 20K miles, which, according to my research, is fairly common. So that's pretty much it: it is a great car when it's all working right, and an AWFUL AND EXPENSIVE car when it isn't. It will make you smile every time you look at it, but it will break your heart too, multiple times, and expensively. If, like me, you can work on it yourself, go for it; you won't regret it. If you get an extended warranty, go for it. It is the BEST car I've ever owned. I love how it looks, drives, smells, sounds, everything, and the good things about it FAR outweigh its issues SO FAR. BUT if you are looking for utterly reliable transportation that happens to be cute AND cannot work on it yourself and don't have patience for the typical German maintenance/reliability issues, look elsewhere, as this ain't it."

This is a great car

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

"This is a great car. Just did a 500 mile trip (400 hwy/100 city) at got 38.5 mpg for the trip."

Love it

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

"Best Car I've ever owned. The only problem is "Winter""

Too many probs. Expensive repairs.

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Reason: Too many problems

Pros: "Fun to drive. Lots of power. 32 MPG average."

Cons: "Codes: P0300 and P0304"

"I owned a 2008 Mini Cooper S (6-speed automatic) for 5 1/2 years. I ended up doing a trade in as I didn't have the heart to stick a private party with my problem. A problem from day one (with only 10 miles on the car): The driver's side power window was always flaky. On occasion if I'd close it, it would automatically come back down a few inches. After 30,000 miles the major/costly problems were: 1. Excessive oil consumption. It got worse over time and in the end I was adding one quart every 1,000 miles. 2. Dead battery. The dealer charged me $300. I was told they have to enter new info into the computer...you can't just buy a new battery and replace it on your own. I still question this. 3. At 33,000 miles, four new tires at the dealer...need run flat tires. $1,100. 4. Windshield replacement. A nationally known company told me with MINI they only use OEM parts because they have had too many fit problems in the past. $600+ 5. Two flat tires. Tire shops don't want to deal with run flats. Back to the dealer and their solution was to replace not plug the tires. Tires cost $275 each! 6. Carbon buildup, more than once. 7. Failed fuel injector. It filled #4 cylinder with fuel and fuel was actually coming out of the tail pipe. $1,400 Possible damage to the catalytic converter...ouch! 8. It ran rough after starting it in cold weather. On one occasion I got the low power light. 9. Numerous check engine lights, both red and yellow. NOTE: Red means park the car and get it towed. 10. Stretched timing chain. (dealer wanted $2,000 to fix it) After some research on the internet, I have since learned that the R56 Gen 2 Mini Cooper S, from 2007 to 2010 with the N14 engine is "problematic." Happy Motoring!"

I love my mini

By on Saturday, June 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage"

Cons: "Haven't found any,cause I love it"

"I have always wanted a Mini Cooper,while my daughter wants a bigger and badder truck. Me I've Always wanted a Mini Cooper and I finally got the chance to buy one,I couldn't afford to buy new but I was able to buy used with low miles I've finally gotten my dream car and I love it"

Love this car!!

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, fast, a real looker!"

Cons: "Seat belt is not made for short people!"

"I bought this car after lusting after Minis for years. I walked into the dealership and bought it without hardly any thought behind it. I am so glad I did. However, I am a fanatic about driving only in good weather (hence the low mileage) so that the other crazy drivers don't mess up my pretty little car. I love everything except one thing about my MINI - I hate the seat belts! I am only 5'2" and the seat belt cuts across my throat to the point where I end up with seat belt burns. I have tried installing the factory seat belt clips but they are cheap and come off easily. I would love to put a five-point harness or something similar in my MINI to get rid of the current seat belt."

want too upgrade too 2014 with heated leather seat

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pros: "great looks fun driving"

Cons: "no heated seats , no led lights"

parked

"great sports car"

parked

I LOVE IT!!!

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, loud"

Cons: "service to much"

"i love the sport mode. it has the best sound system."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching MINI Cooper Convertible near Honolulu. See local deals