2013 MINI Cooper Convertible Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,403 - $25,222.

10/7.2

Based on 312 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Economical yet roomy and a blast to drive.

By on Sunday, December 16, 2012

Pros: "Fast, nimble, fun, economical and a blast to drive"

Cons: "Parts can be costly"

"I have owned many, high performance sports cars in my life but the maintenance and fuel costs made them a lot less satisfying. My wife convinced me to try a MINI and I have been hooked ever since. They are fast and very maneuverable while being great on gas mileage and big enough to comfortably fit four people. I have even had this car on the racetrack and it was up to the task. We just bought our second one yesterday. They are a BMW under the hood so very reliable and it has all the amenities you would expect in a luxury sedan."

Reliable so far...

By on Sunday, July 08, 2012

Pros: "Handling-Braking-Acceleration 3 aces"

Cons: "Pricey car"

"Bought new 2011 Cooper S with automatic transmission in May 2011. I has approximately 19k miles to this day, and so far I have not had a single issue with the car (knock on wood). I had the dealer changed the oil at 15K miles and that was it. Handling, braking and acceleration are excellent. Interior space is adequate in my situation since I rarely take more than one passenger. Comfortable enough for long distance, quiet enough for normal conversation at 70mph highway cruising. Mine is the out of the box cooper, not a JC Works Cooper so it has the standard suspension, and nothing has been modified on the car. I use this car just for daily commute, I averaged 32 mpg between ciy and hwy, and alway use 89 Octane gas. The car needs about 3/4 quart motor oil every 4-5 thousand miles so oil consumption seems normal. It's hard to comprehend other bad reviews from which those unfortunate owners experienced from engine issues down to every buttons in that car during early year of ownership, so it seemed. May be their issues were due to the ealier models? Or may be I am lucky with mine? Perhaps its true color will reveal on mine someday but so far it has proved itself worth keeping."

My 2009 has had numerous serious issues

By on Sunday, November 25, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive; sporty; cute"

Cons: "Not reliable; maintenance extremely expensive"

"Great car for the first 26,000 miles; great acceleration, sporty, fun to drive... then at 26,000 miles I had a timing chain/belt issue, followed by carbon build-up in the engine (still under warranty); my oil cooler then sprung a leak around 31,000 miles and I had to be towed to the dealer; at 37,000 my transmission failed (a month after my warranty expired)."

Most Enjoyable Car Ever

By on Wednesday, October 27, 2010

"I've never had so much fun driving a car. I love the handling especially when using the sport button. It is quite a conversation piece as well. With a manual transmission, I average 40-43 mpg overall. Quite impressive! I've not had any major mechanical problems and now that it is out of warranty, I hope that it's mechanically sound for years to come."

Base needs more power but still a Great 2nd Car

By on Monday, September 13, 2010

"I got my 2010 MINI hatchback in March. I have the base engine with auto. I never thought I would have so much fun driving. I use to drive a Camry (boring) and an Accord (decent), but driving a MINI really does make me happy. I have a family of 4 and a minivan is generally our mode of transport. But my 2 little kids always want to be in the MINI. We've gone to MINI rallies and met other happy owners as well. This small car is just great commuting to work and running errands. I would never take it on long family trips unless it's just me and my wife. Even though I had to take it to dealership on 2 occasions to fix a rattling noise, the dealer provided me with a loaner car, Cooper S. After driving the turbo version, my base MINI does feel underpowered. However, the overall driving feel and handling of the base MINI, imo, is better than the S. Plus, the ride of the S is really harsh. Both versions have the Sport mode and it really makes a difference in the base model, not so much on the S. Fuel Economy has been good at 28 mpg for combined driving. The interior takes time to get use to because of the layout of the door locks and window switches. The big speedometer in the middle might be a turnoff for some but I like it. Is there anything I don't like? I wish the base model had an extra 20-30 hp. The S is really too powerful for the driving that I do."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25