2012 MINI Cooper Convertible

Based on 343 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

This is a great car

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

"This is a great car. Just did a 500 mile trip (400 hwy/100 city) at got 38.5 mpg for the trip."

Love it

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

"Best Car I've ever owned. The only problem is "Winter""

Too many probs. Expensive repairs.

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Reason: Too many problems

Pros: "Fun to drive. Lots of power. 32 MPG average."

Cons: "Codes: P0300 and P0304"

"I owned a 2008 Mini Cooper S (6-speed automatic) for 5 1/2 years. I ended up doing a trade in as I didn't have the heart to stick a private party with my problem. A problem from day one (with only 10 miles on the car): The driver's side power window was always flaky. On occasion if I'd close it, it would automatically come back down a few inches. After 30,000 miles the major/costly problems were: 1. Excessive oil consumption. It got worse over time and in the end I was adding one quart every 1,000 miles. 2. Dead battery. The dealer charged me $300. I was told they have to enter new info into the computer...you can't just buy a new battery and replace it on your own. I still question this. 3. At 33,000 miles, four new tires at the dealer...need run flat tires. $1,100. 4. Windshield replacement. A nationally known company told me with MINI they only use OEM parts because they have had too many fit problems in the past. $600+ 5. Two flat tires. Tire shops don't want to deal with run flats. Back to the dealer and their solution was to replace not plug the tires. Tires cost $275 each! 6. Carbon buildup, more than once. 7. Failed fuel injector. It filled #4 cylinder with fuel and fuel was actually coming out of the tail pipe. $1,400 Possible damage to the catalytic converter...ouch! 8. It ran rough after starting it in cold weather. On one occasion I got the low power light. 9. Numerous check engine lights, both red and yellow. NOTE: Red means park the car and get it towed. 10. Stretched timing chain. (dealer wanted $2,000 to fix it) After some research on the internet, I have since learned that the R56 Gen 2 Mini Cooper S, from 2007 to 2010 with the N14 engine is "problematic." Happy Motoring!"

I love my mini

By on Saturday, June 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage"

Cons: "Haven't found any,cause I love it"

"I have always wanted a Mini Cooper,while my daughter wants a bigger and badder truck. Me I've Always wanted a Mini Cooper and I finally got the chance to buy one,I couldn't afford to buy new but I was able to buy used with low miles I've finally gotten my dream car and I love it"

Love this car!!

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, fast, a real looker!"

Cons: "Seat belt is not made for short people!"

"I bought this car after lusting after Minis for years. I walked into the dealership and bought it without hardly any thought behind it. I am so glad I did. However, I am a fanatic about driving only in good weather (hence the low mileage) so that the other crazy drivers don't mess up my pretty little car. I love everything except one thing about my MINI - I hate the seat belts! I am only 5'2" and the seat belt cuts across my throat to the point where I end up with seat belt burns. I have tried installing the factory seat belt clips but they are cheap and come off easily. I would love to put a five-point harness or something similar in my MINI to get rid of the current seat belt."

want too upgrade too 2014 with heated leather seat

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pros: "great looks fun driving"

Cons: "no heated seats , no led lights"

parked

"great sports car"

parked

I LOVE IT!!!

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, loud"

Cons: "service to much"

"i love the sport mode. it has the best sound system."

Best ever. This is my 3rd Mini. Want new Mini.

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "Gas price, fun, fun, fun."

Cons: "No gps."

"Excellent handling, great gas mileage. Like new. Excellent condition. Like new."

It only looks good

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

"If you just like a fast car that looks good and don't mind the discomfort from the noise, the inadequate suspension and high cost of maintenance this is your car but in my opinion you you are better off buying a Japanese car which will give you more bang for your buck and simplicity on the maintenance side. I bought my daughter a Hard top S on September At around 15k miles it had the carbon build up issue which we did not mind cause it was repaired free and the advice to us was to use 91 octane gas instead of 89 octane, we did. At around 64k miles check engine light pop out again, it throw a code of 300, 301 and 304, I changed the sparked plug and 300 and 301 was gone but the 304 persist. I brought it to the dealer they told me its a multiple misfire caused by carbon build up again. I was told to use Chevron or Shell don't just use any brand but you don't see that in the owners manual. I read all the thread in the internet and its unanimous that it mostly happened to S type because of the design in the direct fuel injection system that accumulates the carbon in those intake holes messing up the ignition in the cylinders. The carbon build up will happen many times in the life of your Mini and the only way to remedy it is by walnut shell blasting which cost about $800 a pop. This is not good for a car that has not reach its 100k mark. Even if you use Chevron or Shell this thing will happen but the good thing is it will warn you with engine check light."

Great commuter car

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

"My Mini convertible is a super fun car to drive. It gets great gas mileage, handles well, good pick up on hills. Minor negatives - wish the car had armrests for comfort. Armrests are optional equipment and can be added at extra cost. There is also a lot of road noise, but you do get use to it. Overall, I love my Mini!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching MINI Cooper Convertible near Honolulu. See local deals