2013 MINI Cooper Clubman Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,934 - $20,645.

10/7.2

Based on 44 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Fun to drive but the Devil is in the details!

By on Thursday, January 03, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive. What works does work well."

Cons: "Water leak in the boot. Poor stereo performance."

"This is a really fun car to drive. There is very little road noise for such a small car. It also handles well and feels comfortable even on longer drives although there is little to no lumbar support with the basic seats. I use a small cushion for my back on long trips. It does have room for a surprising amount of items. We put dining room chairs and other items inside the cargo area (with the back seats folded down)with no problem. The controls are easy to get to and easy to use. The 'sport' mode is really fun. I am averaging 30.7 mpg with mostly highway driving. I have had as high as 41 mpg on the highway. Not bad at all. The Devil is in the details: Water leaked into the boot during the first hard rain. I chose to reseal the gasket that seals the rear doors to the car after reading up on this issue on the internet. It seems to be fixed, but I am waiting for the next hard rain to be sure. Also, the Harman Kardon stereo sounds 'off', almost like a radio station that is not fully tuned in. This occurs on the CD, XM, regular radio, and Iphone. According to a car audio specialist the head unit may not be well tuned to the amplifier. BMW USA says this high end stereo is working to specifications. That's to bad as I will have to buy (not cheaply) an after market amplifier to fix this problem if I want quality sound. These are not issues I would expect for this price and brand."

Amazingly Engineered..

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, quick, lots of windows, roomy, fun"

Cons: "Cup holders block window switch"

"Bought the Mini after an extensive search for the perfect vehicle. Our requirements were pretty simple-we wanted something small, good on gas, and able to fit our two dogs. We always liked Mini but were very unsure about interior space and practicality. The Clubman has been great since our purchase. We have put almost 12,000 miles on it and it has never let us down. I am 6'3, 250 lbs and can push the front seat back so far that I can't reach the pedals. It seats 4 adults more comfortably than most mid-sized cars. The back seats fold down to make a very spacious and capable cargo area. And to top it all off, we average 29 miles a gallon around town in a turbocharged car. The only downside to the car is that the window switch is behind the cup holders, so you need to move the cup in order to operate it-not so much a problem for us because we try to avoid taking drinks in the car. Our Mini dealership is very customer service oriented, and the service department is top-notch. We are certainly Mini owners for life."

Tremendous Value

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pros: "Value, Safety, Fun to drive, Dependable, 2 thumbs^"

Cons: "No power seat option."

"100,000 in 34 months and the only repairs for this car is a thermostat and a water pump. Normal wear and tear of course. She still gets between 32-37MPG and no issues with any of the features. This car has and continues to be a blast drive. I changed the standard 15" wheels to 17" for non-winter driving and she handles beautifully. The stock wheels are for the winter tires and the 1st winter we had the Clubman, it was a champion in the snow. Loved the MINI so much we have second one now, a 2010 Hardtop. The maintenance(included-3 yr 36k miles) and extended maintenance(approx $1200-1800: up to 7yrs/100k miles) plans are a bonus. We didn't purchase the extended warranty because we had Mechanical Breakdown insurance thru our insurance company. Used it once for the water pump at 99500 miles. Lastly, at approx 50k miles, I was rear-ended by a tractor trailer on the interstate, speed differential was about 35mphs but he hit me at 65mph. The safety features of this car operated as specified. I never lost control and I walked away from the accident(no injuries). 8 weeks later, I got my Clubman back and have had no ill after-effects with her. She has been running like a top, straight and true. A true testament to the quality and craftsmanship of the MINI/BMW products."

Fun factor 10 for driving

By on Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pros: "Fun factor 10"

Cons: "Price- expensive to drive"

"Super cool car. Fun factor driving 10. Turbo is great. Great handling, good exceleration, great top end and cruising speeds. Automatic paddle shifter is incredible. Wish you could get the Cooper work cold air induction kit with automatic. Paddles and Automatic shifter are versitile and fun. Great commuting car. Can even fit kids or small adults comfortably in back sits. Roomy front sits. Great lighting effects. Also has good storage space when rear seats are folding down. I beat on this car for 50 thousand miles of hard driving. Have not had 1 problem yet. Just some annoying fixable rattling noises from dashboard. Averaging about 26 miles per gallon. Thats driving the car hard. So again great commuting car. Its not a fluffy car. Very aggresive driving with this car at all times. Must keep two hands on driver wheel when ever possible. When you hit hard bumps or small holes in road car can shift quickly. I would not recommend this car to inexperienced drivers or someone looking for luxury. This is a driving machine. BMW service is great. Get the extending maintanence warratty. Its worth the 2500 if you plan on keeping the care for more than 5 years."

This car is just too much fun

By on Monday, June 04, 2012

Pros: "Fun, great mileage, easy parking, reliable"

Cons: "Radio controls are non-intuitive"

"Maybe it's just the years of driving minivans and small SUVs, but I love this car. My 2011 Clubman is a non-turbo that scoots me around just fine. I usually don't carry passengers, but the extended back seat knee room allows me to do so when needed. I started out driving it hard with fast starts and high rpm between shifts -- mileage was in low 30s. Once I backed off that behavior, I now consistently get 36.7 mpg using 87 octane, regular unleaded (no ethanol) fuel -- in town. My highway mileage is the same. The large odometer is quirky and the radio is totally non-intuitive. I've enjoyed the winter package with heated seats/mirrors and the bluetooth options. My next car will be another Mini Clubman, perhaps with a few more options than mine has now. In the nine months I've owned this car, it has not required a single repair."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25