2013 MINI Cooper Clubman Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,024 - $20,737.

10/7.2

8.4

Based on 45 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Least reliable car I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "value, quality, engineering, expense of repairs"

"This car while a blast to drive has been a problem from the beginning. Clutch out at 30K, timing assembly out at 50K, rattles interior and exterior are many and irritating. I have shelled out thousands for repairs including the above, and oil line leaks, thermostat replacement, heating and cooling problems, electrics, door sticks, windows stick, trim falling off, door panels popping off. Just poor quality and terrible value. Unless you enjoy spending lots on money on car repairs I would not recommend this vehicle."

I love my MINI!

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Quick, classy, fun. double sky roof, harmon-kardon"

Cons: "Bluetooth and phone buttons but no actual BT."

"I've always wanted one, so I got one. I'm not looking back at the '91 Taurus I had before. My 2010 MINI was worth the payments I got. AND, Mini cut me a deal with 1.9% interest only and monthly payments of $284.98 a month for 5 years.. WORTH IT!!"

Most unreliable car I've ever owned.

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "Fun, Fast, Fuel Efficient, Stylish, Cargo Space"

Cons: "Very poor drivetrain reliability, lots of rattles"

"MINIs have well-known bad repair records everywhere, but I took the risk anyway when I bought it in 2010 because I loved driving it so much. The four-year warranty ran out a few months ago and I'm now looking at a truly gigantic bill to fix many problems that have come up, not to mention the multitude of times I've already brought it in before during the warranty period, for tons of issues. The problems I'm having are apparently very common for these cars. I love the car itself, but they simply aren't made well. It's developed tons of rattles, clacks, and weird sounds from the very beginning, as well (also a very common problem people tend to have with them). I'm sure there are some people who don't have problems with 'em, but please take a hard look at the general reliability records of these things before you buy one, and don't make the decision I did if you like a car that's largely dependable and well-made. It drives great (aside from the really bad torque steer and bump steer -- not good), but it all ends there. It's a big risk to buy one if you want something that's remotely reliable."

Most practical Sports Car out there...

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Stylish, Amazing handling, Tons of room for size,"

Cons: "Premium gas, Sticking Moonroof."

"I'm surprised by some of the other reviews, I've loved this car since I bought it. The Mini Cooper Clubman is by far the most practical and affordable sports car out there. I have the S version and it screams when I hit the gas in sport mode; It's like a go cart on crack. It's performance is on par with cars that cost 10k+ more. The interior volume is really surprising when inside. 2 full sized adults can actually sit in the back seat comfortably and when the seats are folded down the amount of storage is exceptional. The exterior is very stylish, and the huge moon roof almost makes it feel like a convertible. I've only been out out of warranty for about 9 months and haven't had any type of problem. While in warranty every minor issues was taken care of quickly and for free. I'm kind of cheap so the premium gas is a bit of a turn off, but any sport car recommends that. When not in sport mode I easily get about 33 mpg in the city (manual), and close to 40 on the highway. Those numbers are awesome for how fun of a car it is to drive. The only negative I can find might be the need for a better place to put change and that the moon roof sticks (closed) when it's been sitting in the sun for a long time (Though I'm in hot SC not England)."

so much fun to drive

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Cons: "no auto garage door openers"

"remember, it is a sports car. The most fun car I've ever owned."

always broke

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "loves to go to the service department"

"This car could never go over 12 months without some kind of repair. Costs for repair are very expensive (replaced thermostat housing cost over $450) I have never gotten the promised gas mileage that the salesman said I would get and even the service tech didn't know what options this car had and admitted it had a problem that he couldn't fix. The one good thing about this car it is fun to drive."

It's Cool, Hardly Practical

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "Kick in the pants to drive, great MPG, stylish"

Cons: "maintenance, highway noise, resale value"

"The car is great if you need to zip around town or commute. The "S" model has plenty of power and are actually safe especially for the size. We average about 31 mpg and it is recommended that one uses high octane gas. There is plenty of cargo space with the seats folded down. On the other hand there is quite a bit of highway noise when on the open road even after better tires were put on it. Watch out for getting maintenance done at the dealership. $600 brake jobs and $300+ battery installations had me doing it myself. Bottom line: if you want to look cool, drive fast and have the cash to keep up with the maintenance... this car is great."

I love it

By on Sunday, September 01, 2013

Pros: "Good on Gas, Fast, Roomy, Unique, Price, Cute"

Cons: "89 grade for gas, Pricey to fix, rolls back n auto"

My Mini Me...

"I saw this car about 8 months ago, had never saw it before or maybe I just wasn't paying attention before then. Once I saw it, I started doing some research on it to find out all I could about the Mini Cooper Clubman. What I found out about them is that they are pretty cheap considering that its owned by BMW. I currently own a Scion XB and did not trade it in when I purchased the MINI in June 2013. So far I can admit that I love the way it drives, very fast, the car can hit corners like no other car I have driven. I love those Barn doors in the back and my 2 stripes on the front of the hood. It is very good on gas also, the tank size is much bigger than my Scion XB but gas last longer in the MINI (this could be due to the fact that I have to put in 89 grade of gas instead of 87). On the first fill up on my car I was about to put in 87 and someone stopped me and said that Mini Coopers require 89, good to know or else I would have messed up the engine probably. Im still getting used to the auto/manual, especially the manual side of driving the stick. I do like that there is no clutch, so all I have to do is go from M1-M6 and vice versa. The only thing I hate is when I have to wash the car, it has so many nooks and crannies & for it to be such a small car, I spend way too much time drying it. I would recommend this car to anyone who likes small cars (it looks small but its not) that get up and go and like I said earlier the price is very reasonable."

My Mini Me...

GREAT little car and really fun to drive

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "Great reliability, price and fun to drive"

Cons: "somewhat noisy on rough roads"

"2010 MINI Clubman is a great little car, fun to drive and has a surprising amount of room. The fold down rear seats allow for a lot of stuff to be packed in. Two adults can ride comfortably. the passenger third door makes getting in/out of back seat much easier than average two-door. Ride is not as smooth as some vehicles but owning a MINI makes up for that."

To die for

By on Friday, May 17, 2013

Pros: "Always makes me smile!"

Cons: "No back window that opens or variable wiper speeds"

"Have owned this car for 3+ years and ADORE it. This, after two VW Turbos and a 1-owner (still) of a 1976 BMW 2002. I feel so lucky to drive this little bugger every day! Everything about this car, handling, interior/exterior design, comfort and looks are stellar. This is a sporty driver's car, offering up all the thrills and chills that one would expect of a much more expensive sport car. And the service suits the car ... excellent, efficient and above expectation. Just go drive one, fasten your seat belt and hold on! (Not sure why they list this as a "hatchback" when it has "barn doors", which are far better!.)"

Different Kind of Car

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable mechanics"

Cons: "The price point is a bit high"

"I have had my MINI Cooper Clubman for about 18 months. It's a fun car, that is a blend of compact and sports car. It has the feeling of driving a go-kart! It has been very reliable for me, and I love the responsiveness of the steering and handling. The downside is obviously the size of it. Wish I had bought something with a little more room, but then again you shouldn't expect to have a lot of room with something named MINI. On the plus side of the size, I am able to maneuver in and out of tight places that most cars cannot. That comes in very handy in traffic, and in parking lots!"

Fun to drive but the Devil is in the details!

By on Thursday, January 03, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive. What works does work well."

Cons: "Water leak in the boot. Poor stereo performance."

"This is a really fun car to drive. There is very little road noise for such a small car. It also handles well and feels comfortable even on longer drives although there is little to no lumbar support with the basic seats. I use a small cushion for my back on long trips. It does have room for a surprising amount of items. We put dining room chairs and other items inside the cargo area (with the back seats folded down)with no problem. The controls are easy to get to and easy to use. The 'sport' mode is really fun. I am averaging 30.7 mpg with mostly highway driving. I have had as high as 41 mpg on the highway. Not bad at all. The Devil is in the details: Water leaked into the boot during the first hard rain. I chose to reseal the gasket that seals the rear doors to the car after reading up on this issue on the internet. It seems to be fixed, but I am waiting for the next hard rain to be sure. Also, the Harman Kardon stereo sounds 'off', almost like a radio station that is not fully tuned in. This occurs on the CD, XM, regular radio, and Iphone. According to a car audio specialist the head unit may not be well tuned to the amplifier. BMW USA says this high end stereo is working to specifications. That's to bad as I will have to buy (not cheaply) an after market amplifier to fix this problem if I want quality sound. These are not issues I would expect for this price and brand."

Amazingly Engineered..

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, quick, lots of windows, roomy, fun"

Cons: "Cup holders block window switch"

"Bought the Mini after an extensive search for the perfect vehicle. Our requirements were pretty simple-we wanted something small, good on gas, and able to fit our two dogs. We always liked Mini but were very unsure about interior space and practicality. The Clubman has been great since our purchase. We have put almost 12,000 miles on it and it has never let us down. I am 6'3, 250 lbs and can push the front seat back so far that I can't reach the pedals. It seats 4 adults more comfortably than most mid-sized cars. The back seats fold down to make a very spacious and capable cargo area. And to top it all off, we average 29 miles a gallon around town in a turbocharged car. The only downside to the car is that the window switch is behind the cup holders, so you need to move the cup in order to operate it-not so much a problem for us because we try to avoid taking drinks in the car. Our Mini dealership is very customer service oriented, and the service department is top-notch. We are certainly Mini owners for life."

Tremendous Value

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pros: "Value, Safety, Fun to drive, Dependable, 2 thumbs^"

Cons: "No power seat option."

"100,000 in 34 months and the only repairs for this car is a thermostat and a water pump. Normal wear and tear of course. She still gets between 32-37MPG and no issues with any of the features. This car has and continues to be a blast drive. I changed the standard 15" wheels to 17" for non-winter driving and she handles beautifully. The stock wheels are for the winter tires and the 1st winter we had the Clubman, it was a champion in the snow. Loved the MINI so much we have second one now, a 2010 Hardtop. The maintenance(included-3 yr 36k miles) and extended maintenance(approx $1200-1800: up to 7yrs/100k miles) plans are a bonus. We didn't purchase the extended warranty because we had Mechanical Breakdown insurance thru our insurance company. Used it once for the water pump at 99500 miles. Lastly, at approx 50k miles, I was rear-ended by a tractor trailer on the interstate, speed differential was about 35mphs but he hit me at 65mph. The safety features of this car operated as specified. I never lost control and I walked away from the accident(no injuries). 8 weeks later, I got my Clubman back and have had no ill after-effects with her. She has been running like a top, straight and true. A true testament to the quality and craftsmanship of the MINI/BMW products."

Fun factor 10 for driving

By on Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pros: "Fun factor 10"

Cons: "Price- expensive to drive"

"Super cool car. Fun factor driving 10. Turbo is great. Great handling, good exceleration, great top end and cruising speeds. Automatic paddle shifter is incredible. Wish you could get the Cooper work cold air induction kit with automatic. Paddles and Automatic shifter are versitile and fun. Great commuting car. Can even fit kids or small adults comfortably in back sits. Roomy front sits. Great lighting effects. Also has good storage space when rear seats are folding down. I beat on this car for 50 thousand miles of hard driving. Have not had 1 problem yet. Just some annoying fixable rattling noises from dashboard. Averaging about 26 miles per gallon. Thats driving the car hard. So again great commuting car. Its not a fluffy car. Very aggresive driving with this car at all times. Must keep two hands on driver wheel when ever possible. When you hit hard bumps or small holes in road car can shift quickly. I would not recommend this car to inexperienced drivers or someone looking for luxury. This is a driving machine. BMW service is great. Get the extending maintanence warratty. Its worth the 2500 if you plan on keeping the care for more than 5 years."

This car is just too much fun

By on Monday, June 04, 2012

Pros: "Fun, great mileage, easy parking, reliable"

Cons: "Radio controls are non-intuitive"

"Maybe it's just the years of driving minivans and small SUVs, but I love this car. My 2011 Clubman is a non-turbo that scoots me around just fine. I usually don't carry passengers, but the extended back seat knee room allows me to do so when needed. I started out driving it hard with fast starts and high rpm between shifts -- mileage was in low 30s. Once I backed off that behavior, I now consistently get 36.7 mpg using 87 octane, regular unleaded (no ethanol) fuel -- in town. My highway mileage is the same. The large odometer is quirky and the radio is totally non-intuitive. I've enjoyed the winter package with heated seats/mirrors and the bluetooth options. My next car will be another Mini Clubman, perhaps with a few more options than mine has now. In the nine months I've owned this car, it has not required a single repair."

Great fun in Mountains

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "get up and go"

Cons: "stiff feel bumps"

"fun to drive a little stiff sports car"

love this car

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "reg gas, good milage, fun to drive"

Cons: "none that I have found."

"grandkids fit! fun to drive, easy on gas, easy to park, just plain fun. This is my second Mini."

Great driving car but multiple problems

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "roomy, fun to drive, good gas mileage"

Cons: "cup holders are for MINI cups, many problems."

"This is the third MINI I have owned and the first one I have had multiple mechanical/electrical problems. Rides very nice, handles great, and is roomy for a MINI. All problems have been handled by warantee. Had had to replace sensors, clutch, recall on secondary water pump,and timing chain. Apparently this is unusual for the MINI. I am buying another MINI."

Just as fun to drive as the classic model

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "great handling, very reliable...and it turns heads"

"Although some classic mini owners are partial to their older cars, this car has all of the same characteristics as the old, but it also has the modern conveniences of today...ie cruise control, safety features, gps, hands free phone... I love my classic mini but I love the modern features of my "New" mini Clubman too!"

awesome vehicle

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

I own this car

"fun to drive, reliable, great in all weather conditions"

Fun to drive, easy to park, great gas mileage

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "Great drive, great mileage, great design"

Cons: "Crummy tires, seat adjustments"

"I've been driving this little cruiser for 2.5 years and have been very satisfied so far. It's comfortable for the driver and passenger, but a little tight in the back for the kids for more than a quick ride. The barn door hatchback makes it easy to load cargo, and the capacity is amazing. I use the car to haul all sorts of gardening supplies, included bags of soil and mulch. You can squeeze in more that expected with the back seats down. Over all, it's a sweet ride and it drives like a bigger car. Downsides are few, I still haven't gotten used to the front seat and the way they pull forward so passengers can get into the back - if you're parked on a slight incline, the seat will crash into you as you enter the vehicle. Not problem if you live somewhere without hills! The "run-flat" tires that came with the car didn't have the life span I expected (28,000), and it's the only tire you can use on this vehicle, a definite down side since it's expensive to replace."

This is the best and most fun vehicle I have owned

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, easy maintanence, MPG!"

Cons: "MINI dealers are dorks, lack of spare,"

"I have owned a Jeep Wrangler, Ford mustang and a Nissan Xterra. This MINI is by far the most fun I have ever had in a vehicle. The clubman gives me added space for hauling all of my outdoor related gear. I use the MINI roof rack for my bikes and box, and I can haul the dog in the back with the seat down and the added protection cover. The "secret" storage compartment in the trunk area is superb and a must to use for muddy outdoor adventures. I cant speak highly enough about this vehicle, it looks great, drives great, and with my commute i average about 35mpg. It is truley a must have for any driver."

Driving this car is a blast.

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "Performance and looks. Very unique."

Cons: "It is small."

"This is the most fun car ever. I have had it for a year and like it more now than when I purchased the car. It is quick, agile but very comfortable. I can zip around and still get 34 mpg (or better). It was a little more expensive than other cars its size but it is a lot more car. If you are a car person this is for you."

Steer clear

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pros: "Nice styling, good gas mileage."

Cons: "Expensive maintenance and repairs."

"Good looking car with good handling, with the exception of a tendency to jump sideways when driving over a bump in the road at highway speeds, particularly on curves, which is unsettling. Great on gas, too. However, the reliability and cost of maintenance for this car is outrageous and the expensive maintenance plan covers very little. After only four years and 76,000 highway miles, a mechanical repair bill for $7000 ensures that I will never consider a Mini again. The extended warranty with a cost of $2400 covers nothing. With one year in payments still remaining, this car is now junk. My wife also has a Mini and we're going to sell it before we get bit with steep repairs bills for that one, too."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25