2000 Mercury Villager

Based on 170 Ratings for the 1999 - 2002 models.

very comfortable ride

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "great for travel although i don't travel much."

Cons: "need thermostat in radiator so easy to change."

"I love this van, the only thing I wish it had is heated seats and a remote start. it has been very dependable. I bought it used over a year ago. and if they had a way to use my same seats(they are so comfortable) and make them heated I would pay for it. at least the drivers side. I love the fact I can haul almost anything in it as well. seats lie down easy. they need to make an exact duplicate of it except newer with some of the more modern options in it. although I have most of them now. it would be a first time new car buy for me if they did."

best car

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "great price and enough space for everyone"

Cons: "doesn't handle like a sports car"

"this is the best car I have ever owned.. so reliable"

Tough as nails

By on Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pros: "dependable, easy to work on, basic, good leather"

Cons: "Minor items only."

"Bought new from dealer. Have done recommended services, etc. Replaced both CV axles and one rear wheel bearing. Timing belt, trans fluid, motor mounts etc. This van still looks great and runs/drives great with 210,000 miles on it. Just put a new set of Coopers on it. No signs of letting us down. Struts are a little tired. Met a guy who built these vans recently. He said they are one of a kind. He said the engine block is actually a GM design. Unlike things now, this van was built all in the U.S. Even the designer was a Nissan guy in the U.S. At least that's what he told me! It was obviously painted in the U.S., but the white has held up well. Two kids and working wife commuting 20 miles everyday for the last 11 years with no issues...I'd buy another one. Great vehicle."

solid vehicle

By on Monday, December 16, 2013

Pros: "Solid, dependable ride."

Cons: "Dull, but I expected that."

"Purchased used 7 years ago with 42,000 miles on the clock. Now has 165,000 miles. Only two not normal service problems. At 105,000 miles had a head gasket leak. Fortunately this coincided with the timing belt replacement. At approx. 140,000 miles a cooling hose situated under an exhaust manifold began leaking-$650--ouch! This has been a solid road vehicle and a roomy hauler. Do not expect sports car handling or exciting to drive. Do the recommended service and it will last."

Love it -- still have it

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pros: "Reliable comfortable; great visibility"

Cons: "Back seat vibrates too much; no cd"

"Had a 97 Mercury Villager when I traded for this 01 to make the Walt Disney trip from Texas. Both were good vehicles but I have kept this one much longer than I planned. Has the TV Screen on roof & kids are fascinated with it. Have replaced struts, and shocks, brakes, tires, batteries and that is about it. Keep it maintained with preventive maintenance and garaged. Have had a minor problem with cv boots (2 so far)but overall almost no repair work and love the fact that it has over 200k miles and everything still works. Cruise control is getting a little wonky & sometimes has to be babied. Video tv system is no longer functional. Only gets about 18 mph which is a bummer but with no car payment who cares? Don't plan on selling it anytime soon. Have had passengers tell me the ride is very comfortable."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercury Villager near Honolulu. See local deals