2000 Mercury Villager

Based on 175 Ratings for the 1999 - 2002 models.

The Underdog Van

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"The Villager has been a great vehicle. We traded a 96 Windstar on this van and we were surprised as to how much room it had in spite of being shorter. Steering and handling were hands down superb to the Windstar, and windnoise was improved too. With flexible seating and aux A/C, the van is comfortable on trips. We have also had very few quality issues which has been satisfying. Seating is fairly flexible--the 3rd seat is adjustable which is handy on long trips. An overhead carrier has been helpful as the kids have gotten older. The 2nd row buckets are great for stretching out. They can be removed to make it a 5 passenger. The 3rd row can be adjusted forward which can be useful for hauling. The A/C cools down fairly quickly in the summer and the kids can control the temp/fan settings for the rear. An override is useful occassionally. Heating is adequate and the temp setting doesn't have to be fooled with much. One disappointment is the poor fuel mileage. We average 20-22 mpg on the highway. In town, mileage is 13-15 mpg. I expected 2 mpg better. Quality/Reliability: 1) After 3 yrs, one key FOB went bad--the unlock quit working. 2) The accelerator cable had to be replaced. The accel pedal would stick prior to initial acceleration. This fix was less than $50. 3) The two half shafts were recently replaced. Cost was about $300/ea. Overall, much better than expected. Overall a very good vehicle. We have 120k+ miles on our van and it is still going strong."

best car

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "great price and enough space for everyone"

Cons: "doesn't handle like a sports car"

"this is the best car I have ever owned.. so reliable"

solid vehicle

By on Monday, December 16, 2013

Pros: "Solid, dependable ride."

Cons: "Dull, but I expected that."

"Purchased used 7 years ago with 42,000 miles on the clock. Now has 165,000 miles. Only two not normal service problems. At 105,000 miles had a head gasket leak. Fortunately this coincided with the timing belt replacement. At approx. 140,000 miles a cooling hose situated under an exhaust manifold began leaking-$650--ouch! This has been a solid road vehicle and a roomy hauler. Do not expect sports car handling or exciting to drive. Do the recommended service and it will last."

Love it -- still have it

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pros: "Reliable comfortable; great visibility"

Cons: "Back seat vibrates too much; no cd"

"Had a 97 Mercury Villager when I traded for this 01 to make the Walt Disney trip from Texas. Both were good vehicles but I have kept this one much longer than I planned. Has the TV Screen on roof & kids are fascinated with it. Have replaced struts, and shocks, brakes, tires, batteries and that is about it. Keep it maintained with preventive maintenance and garaged. Have had a minor problem with cv boots (2 so far)but overall almost no repair work and love the fact that it has over 200k miles and everything still works. Cruise control is getting a little wonky & sometimes has to be babied. Video tv system is no longer functional. Only gets about 18 mph which is a bummer but with no car payment who cares? Don't plan on selling it anytime soon. Have had passengers tell me the ride is very comfortable."

best car we have ever had.

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

"best ever"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercury Villager near Honolulu. See local deals