2009 Mercury Sable Consumer Reviews

Buy this car if you can.

By on Wednesday, May 04, 2011

"I bought a black 2008 Mercury Sable from a dealership about a month ago and I'm ecstatic with the purchase. The crash test ratings were especially important to me because the reason I needed a new car was due to a collision. This car is sturdy, I call it my "Stable Sable." I'd say it's worth the little extra money put toward MPG compared to say, the Fusion or Focus. Not the garden variety, the Sable is less common and makes more of a statement compared to those cars. Also, the Sable is made in America as opposed to Mexico. This car retains it's value, I could trade in my Sable today and receive only 3-400 hundred dollars less than what I initially paid. More room than I know what to do with, I could live in it. Switches effortlessly and comfortably to accomodate my 6'2" foot fiance and 5'4" me. Great factory stereo. The only 'problem' I have is keeping the exterior clean, everything shows up on black. The only reason I give it 4 stars in reliability is because I haven't had it long. Confident in driving it in MN snow this winter. Have gotten numerous compliments....I could go on and on :)"

By on Sunday, June 27, 2010

"I bought a used 2008 Sable Premier (16K miles)about 8 months ago and i absolutely LOVE this car. I was looking to replace my 94 Honda Accord with a new Accord. However when i test drove this vehicle i feel in love with the extra space and it allows me to sit a little higher overall. I was also impressed with the reviews and ratings. I can only say i am very sorry the Ford decided to eliminate the Mercury brand and discontinued the Sable in 2009. I was ready to become a lifelong Sable owner but now that opportunity is gone."

Great car

By on Friday, June 18, 2010

"I bought this car used with 5000 miles on it and have put another 15,000 on it and no complaints. I'm 6'2 and it's way more comfortable than an Accord or any other similar sized/priced car. Lots of nice features, Sync is nice feature. Looking forward to putting >200K miles on it. I gave my 2000 sable with 170,000 miles on it to my daughter and it's still running strong with only normal maintenance."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted