2009 Mercury Sable Consumer Reviews

Buy this car if you can.

By on Wednesday, May 04, 2011

"I bought a black 2008 Mercury Sable from a dealership about a month ago and I'm ecstatic with the purchase. The crash test ratings were especially important to me because the reason I needed a new car was due to a collision. This car is sturdy, I call it my "Stable Sable." I'd say it's worth the little extra money put toward MPG compared to say, the Fusion or Focus. Not the garden variety, the Sable is less common and makes more of a statement compared to those cars. Also, the Sable is made in America as opposed to Mexico. This car retains it's value, I could trade in my Sable today and receive only 3-400 hundred dollars less than what I initially paid. More room than I know what to do with, I could live in it. Switches effortlessly and comfortably to accomodate my 6'2" foot fiance and 5'4" me. Great factory stereo. The only 'problem' I have is keeping the exterior clean, everything shows up on black. The only reason I give it 4 stars in reliability is because I haven't had it long. Confident in driving it in MN snow this winter. Have gotten numerous compliments....I could go on and on :)"

I have a Certified Pre-Owned 2009 Sable

By on Saturday, March 20, 2010

"This is a fantastic car for the price. It has every single thing I want: huge trunk, solid engine power, comfort and lots of bells and whistles on the Premier trim line. Too bad Ford is not continuing this model in the Sable line and anyone who owns this car will surely enjoy it for years to come. Considering the resale value of between $17.8K- $22K for a low mileage certified used car this is a superb buy for a family car or for business use. It is elegant with a classic look and a nice interior. I also looked at the Avalon, Maxima, Sonata and really this was the best car for the money. If you are considering this car do look carefully for a Certified Used vehicle which will give you that 100K powertrain warranty. I am so happy with this car and am enjoying driving it.I recommend it highly. My only complaint is that it's not as silent quiet of an interior as I'd like but then again I'm comparing that to a Lexus I once owned and those do have the quietest interiors out there. Other than that this car fits the bill perfectly."

Comparable to much more costly sedans

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

"Have owned my Sable Limited since October, 2007. Has been totally trouble-free since new. Quietest road car I've ever owned. Have only replaced the oil, filters and battery. Love the all-wheel drive, seating comfort and cavernous trunk with pass-through. Has just about all the 'bells & whistles' available and no problem with any of them."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted