1998 Mercury Sable

7.9

Based on 319 Ratings for the 1996 - 1999 models.

Lot of repairs for such low milage

By on Sunday, February 03, 2013

Pros: "great value, large interior, seats 6 people"

Cons: "no complaints"

Personalized license plate

"When I purchased this car it had 96,000 miles on it. I have had it approx. 2 1/2 years. Since then I have had to have all 4 sensors replaced, the rack and pinion steering repaired, the catalitic converter replaced, the rearview mirror glued back on, the wiring repaired etc. All this before the odometer reached 100,000 miles. I love the interior of this car and it always starts right up but I didn't expect for so much to go wrong with it at such low milage. I am a big lady and this car fits me fine, much better than the bucket seats in my other cars."

Personalized license plate

Very Reliable

By on Monday, March 10, 2008

"Purchased this 2000 Sable LS new in December of 1999 - now have 209,000 miles on it. Very dependable - reliable - nice driving car - changed oil/rotated tires every 5000 miles. Starting to need major repairs (need new front axles, low coolant light in on steady- pleanty of coolant) no complaints hope to have this much success with next car."

solid performer

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2008

""I bought my 1997 sable in 2006, as a second vehicle for my son. . It has started without any problems on these cold mornings and the heater works awesome. It's roomy and comfortable and the ride is smooth. I was surprised at all the technical engineering that went into the car such as struts in the rear gives it a real solid road hugging feal. Inside is very quiet...cant hear the motor purring. Lots of power from the 3.0l v6 even at 2 valves. Very responsive steering. I would definitely buy another sable!""

2nd sable wagon

By on Friday, February 01, 2008

"My first sable wagon lasted over 200,000 miles and I traded it in on a 2002 model. I have 188,000 miles on this car has and it has not required maintenance other than routine replacements of brakes, shocks. I used to drive camyry's and thought I would try an american car now that they have improved and I feel better about driving a US car."

Surprised me! Dependable, comfortable car.

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Pros: "Easy & comfortable to drive, dependable with power"

Cons: "No rear cup holders, only one console cup holder."

"I have never been a fan of Ford or Mercury vehicles, so was very surprised and pleased to find that this car has been so dependable and comfortable to drive. I have had it for a little over a year with no mechanical problems. It has a very smooth ride no matter if I am on a major highway or a gravel road. The motor runs very strong and has required only minimal maintenance. I have driven it daily, as well as for several long trips around the State. As a single woman, it is nice to know that I can depend on my vehicle not to break down when I am traveling. I would recommend this car to anyone. Plenty of interior room. Comfortably fits a baby seat and two toddler (booster) seats in the rear seat at the same time."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercury Sable near Honolulu. See local deals