1993 Mercury Sable

7.2

Based on 66 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

7.6/10
    6.9/10

Great car! Definantly getting another taurus asap

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pros: "Powerful 3.8, reliable car with a solid build"

Cons: "I don't love the dash layout. Prefer the taurus"

"I bout this car because my 2014 sho got rear ended and totalled. I bought this temporary because I'm gonna custom order a new sho but that's gonna take time. I have a 1995 Ford Taurus se I could use but the odo reads 400,00+ and I also have a 2014 mustang but it's really uncomfortable. I like this sable a lot. I prefer the looks of the second gen taurus over this but it's nice, it's reliable its comfy and it's kinda futuristic, it has a digital gauge assembly instead of analog meters. It's got a center console like my older taurus and leather seats, got it for 1800 which isn't bad. Not the prettiest but it's durable. On,y keeping it temp tho. As soon as the new taurus comes in its gone"

First car I ever bought, I've had it for two years

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, more space than it looks like."

Cons: "Poor mileage when I hammer down."

"Still driving it! I've put 40,000 miles on it in almost exactly two years and it still runs great. I bought it at about 150,000 and I'm up to 190,000. It's as comfortable as I could ask for and has a solid engine. No big problems with it other than routine maintenance, such as brakes and tires. Would highly recommend. The speakers aren't that bad either, especially for a '95."

I wouldn't own it unless you're a mechanic.

By on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Pros: "It has lasted 250K miles with regular maintenance."

Cons: "If you aren't a Do-It-Yourselfer, i'd stay away."

"I bought this car with 95K miles in 1999. It runs like a top. I'm still driving it in 2014 with 250k miles. It has 3.0L engine which is solid with regular oil changes. (Run away from the 3.8L engine.) It has the AXOD transmission which has been solid, but you must perform transmission fluid and filter changes every 25K miles. Without regular transmission fluid changes, it will only last 100K miles. Radiators last about 100K miles. Change spark plugs every 25K miles. The biggest negative with the car is the high pressure coolant system. Coolant hoses have been leaking for the last 15 years even with double hose clamps. This is not a problem if you check the coolant level every couple of months. The good part about this is the coolant never needs flushing because it is always fresh."

Been a great get-around for the past 16 years.

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive, good on gas."

Cons: "Too much understeer, hard to change spark plugs"

"Bought this car in 1996 as a two year old with 21000 miles. Since then, I've put on over 160000 miles with very little gone wrong, such as heater core, a couple of leaks, two fuel pumps and a recall for the front sub frame bolts.Very comfortable seats, great 3.8 V-6 engine and smooth automatic box. Cannot complain about it; was way ahead of it's time back then. It also survived getting hit by an oil truck and being sideswiped by a red light/stop sign runner."

Has been a very good car. Trouble free

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Cons: "Wife wants more and bigger cup holders."

"Got me where I needed to go with out any problems. Good fuel economy. 3.0 engine not a power house but gets you down the road. 130,000 miles and still running like a top. Vehicle has been maintained all of its life."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercury Sable near Honolulu. See local deals