2009 Mercury Mariner

Based on 147 Ratings for the 2008 - 2011 models.

Best Overall Small SUV - 21st centrury Jeep

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pros: "Power/MPG/Interior/4WD/SYNC/Towing"

Cons: "Road noise & GET 09' OR NEWER FOR 6SPD TRANS"

"Bought this SUV to save on gas (had a 13mpg truck). But didn't want to compromise 4WD or space for fam. I was skeptical at 1st but this thing is great. V6 has 240HP & I GET 25MPG OVERALL(21-22city/26-27hwy) w/4WD! The fold flat seats offer good hauling options, it tows 3500lbs, interior impresses, SYNC is nice, great safety. Sure it's not as manly a Full-size truck, but it pleases hauling my friends around to the bar(great sound system/ambient lights), keeps me happy when I travel to mills/plants for work(MPG/USB port for MP3/storage for equipment)& it keeps my family comfortable & safe in OH winters (4WD/stability control). That's manly enough for me."

Could be better

By on Saturday, April 19, 2008

"Pros - fanstatic styling, tall like a real truck; noticed that it is the same height as my wife's Honda Pilot. Very good suspension, you hear the bumps but don't feel them. Excellent fuel consumption, averages 26.5mpg combined; seems mpg gets better after the engine is broken in around 1500 miles Cons-those seats are just horrible, feels like FORD just drapped fabric over the seat spring. Very poor finish. Must confes no rattling after 2 months, but if you step out of the honda and stepped into the mariner, it feels like you have just moved into a cheaply made car. Bought mariner because i wanted a domestic; i make my living by selling to a few companies that really do design and manufacture things in america. Nice effort, Ford can do better. Would recommend because i hope by the 2009 model, Ford would have addressed the terrible seat issues; a common complain from many users."

Excellent vehicle!

By on Sunday, June 8, 2008

"We've had our '08 Mariner for about 6 months now. Absolutely no problems with it. I wish the seats were a little softer, but they have been adequate. We have a pretty basic model so not too many bells and whistles. It's a V6, 2WD. Never had any issues during the winter months with not being AWD, even with a few snow and ice storms. Traction control seemed to work pretty well. Gas mileage varies a lot based on speed and your right foot. My wife has a heavy foot and gets from 18-22 out of it. I drive quite a bit more conservatively and typically get 22-29. I've even had it get a little better on occasion (up to 32 on one tank). We previously owned a '00 Mountaineer and had extremely good luck with it (230,000 miles with less than $400 worth of repairs when we sold it). The vehicle we traded in for the Mariner was an '06 Honda Civic Si. Quality has been superior with the Mariner! With the amount of miles we've put on the Mariner the Civic already had rattles, the transmission needed to be fixed, and the cold engine driveability was horrible. Zero complaints with the Mariner. Hopefully it will end up being as reliable as the Mountaineer was."

great looker!

By on Friday, January 4, 2008

"I traded in my Pontiac Aztek for this sexier looking vehicle. I totally miss all the room I had in the Aztek, but this car gave me what I set out for -- better gas mileage, good performance and great styling! I must say, I miss a 6 cylinder, but for the savings in gas, I can put up with the 4. It performs quite well actually. A little nosier than a 6, but overall a great vehicle"

Great Little SUV

By on Thursday, March 18, 2010

"Bought a new 2010 Mariner Preimer 2 months ago and the car has been great, no problems! Great gas milage on the 4 cyl - 26 around town w/ little highway and 31 on the highway. Was concerned about the small engine and pickup but it's been great, no need for the 6 cyl unless towing. Love the no gas cap feature, turn by turn directions standard with free 3 year subscription, no need for a GPS, satilite radio, my key feature, the blind spot mirrors are great. This product kills the JAP's in overall quality. Very quiet ride, better than BMW. Super smooth 6 speed transmision. Price out the door $23,500! Hands down best little SUV for the money. Had a 2003 BMW X3 ($36,000) and was always in the shop, poor gas milage 18 in town and 23 on the highway with same 2.5L engine. Great Job Ford! No wonder your making money and not taking TARP."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercury Mariner near Honolulu. See local deals