2008 Mercury Mariner

Based on 142 Ratings for the 2008 - 2011 models.

Excellent vehicle!

By on Sunday, June 08, 2008

"We've had our '08 Mariner for about 6 months now. Absolutely no problems with it. I wish the seats were a little softer, but they have been adequate. We have a pretty basic model so not too many bells and whistles. It's a V6, 2WD. Never had any issues during the winter months with not being AWD, even with a few snow and ice storms. Traction control seemed to work pretty well. Gas mileage varies a lot based on speed and your right foot. My wife has a heavy foot and gets from 18-22 out of it. I drive quite a bit more conservatively and typically get 22-29. I've even had it get a little better on occasion (up to 32 on one tank). We previously owned a '00 Mountaineer and had extremely good luck with it (230,000 miles with less than $400 worth of repairs when we sold it). The vehicle we traded in for the Mariner was an '06 Honda Civic Si. Quality has been superior with the Mariner! With the amount of miles we've put on the Mariner the Civic already had rattles, the transmission needed to be fixed, and the cold engine driveability was horrible. Zero complaints with the Mariner. Hopefully it will end up being as reliable as the Mountaineer was."

By on Saturday, May 31, 2008

"4 x 4 v6 very underpowered on initial takeoff. power is good at highway speeds"

I'm sold on my 08 Mariner!

By on Saturday, May 31, 2008

"I bought my Ice Blue 08 Mariner in Dec. 07, having owned an 05 Mercury Mountaineer. I loved everything about the Mountaineer, but decided that I wanted something a little smaller with better fuel economy. The Mariner fits the bill in all respects. The styling's great, it's very practical in terms of hauling small loads, the fuel economy's fantastic (29.7 mpg hwy) considering it's an SUV, the 4 cyl. has plenty of get up and go, and the ride comfort is outstanding. I'm a firm believer in supporting US manufacturers and an import was not even a consideration. My experience with the Mountaineer sold me on the Mercury product. I look forward to many years of satisfaction. I puchased my Mariner for a little over 20K and this included the Moon and Tune package. I can't say enough good things about this vehicle. It does everything I want and need it to do, and I'm a very satisfied owner."

satisfied customer

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"We traded in our 1999 Ford Expedition. We wanted better gas mileage and didn't have a good reason to be driving an eight passenger vehicle around anymore. Seating is a tad uncomfortable in the back, and you do hear the bumps when you are going along (but you don't really feel them ). I love the ice blue exterior and blue interior lighting, not to mention the moon and tune package. Hopefully the 2009 (or 2010)will be absolutely perfect. Would like to be inticed to buy again,....and so far I'm pretty much there."

its ok

By on Monday, May 19, 2008

"I BOUGHT MY MARINIER IN FEB. 2008. THOUGH IT WAS A HAGGLE AT THE DEALERSHIP, OVERALL ITS A GOOD CAR I BOUGHT THE 6 CYL BECAUSE I THOUGHT THE 4 CLY WAS TOO SLOW THE 6 WAS JUST ALITTLE FASTER. STOPPING IS A PROBLEM ALLOW YOURSELF ENOUGH ROOM IF YOU BUY THIS CAR TO STOP. THE PICK ON THE VECHILE ISNT THAT GREAT EITHER BUT GAS MILEAGE IS GOOD."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercury Mariner near Honolulu. See local deals