2008 Mercury Mariner

Based on 145 Ratings for the 2008 - 2011 models.

Excellent vehicle!

By on Sunday, June 08, 2008

"We've had our '08 Mariner for about 6 months now. Absolutely no problems with it. I wish the seats were a little softer, but they have been adequate. We have a pretty basic model so not too many bells and whistles. It's a V6, 2WD. Never had any issues during the winter months with not being AWD, even with a few snow and ice storms. Traction control seemed to work pretty well. Gas mileage varies a lot based on speed and your right foot. My wife has a heavy foot and gets from 18-22 out of it. I drive quite a bit more conservatively and typically get 22-29. I've even had it get a little better on occasion (up to 32 on one tank). We previously owned a '00 Mountaineer and had extremely good luck with it (230,000 miles with less than $400 worth of repairs when we sold it). The vehicle we traded in for the Mariner was an '06 Honda Civic Si. Quality has been superior with the Mariner! With the amount of miles we've put on the Mariner the Civic already had rattles, the transmission needed to be fixed, and the cold engine driveability was horrible. Zero complaints with the Mariner. Hopefully it will end up being as reliable as the Mountaineer was."

satisfied customer

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"We traded in our 1999 Ford Expedition. We wanted better gas mileage and didn't have a good reason to be driving an eight passenger vehicle around anymore. Seating is a tad uncomfortable in the back, and you do hear the bumps when you are going along (but you don't really feel them ). I love the ice blue exterior and blue interior lighting, not to mention the moon and tune package. Hopefully the 2009 (or 2010)will be absolutely perfect. Would like to be inticed to buy again,....and so far I'm pretty much there."

great looker!

By on Friday, January 04, 2008

"I traded in my Pontiac Aztek for this sexier looking vehicle. I totally miss all the room I had in the Aztek, but this car gave me what I set out for -- better gas mileage, good performance and great styling! I must say, I miss a 6 cylinder, but for the savings in gas, I can put up with the 4. It performs quite well actually. A little nosier than a 6, but overall a great vehicle"

MEHH.....

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

"This vehicle was bought brand new and it is fully loaded (excluding the navi). as the vehicle started to age all of the plastic bits of the interior started to make annoying noises. The transmission BLOWS (because its a 4speed!!!!!), it can't get out of its own way when you need to accelerate on to the highway! the trans blew up at around 55k because you have to put your foot to the floor in order for the vehicle to move! But on a good note the vehicle is a very good at long distance trips, a grocery getter and great in the snow. Other than that its just ok....."

Primarily used on highway to work only

By on Monday, May 14, 2012

Pros: "Awesome in winter and very safe car, Its solid"

Cons: "Cant honestly think of any"

"Really nice family car, I only drive it in the winter since I have a summer car(Mustang GT)."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercury Mariner near Honolulu. See local deals