1999 Mercury Cougar

7.4

Based on 410 Ratings for the 1999 - 2002 models.

7.6/10

Small,fun to drive,gets great mileage,always garag

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Cons: "Only drawback is the frt cup holder."

"60,000 miles,always garaged,waxed on a 6 month schedule.average mileage overall 25.6.all accessories except chrome wheels,and leather seats,as offered in 1999."

2002 Cougar 35th Anniversary ...last Cougar ever!

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive, 6cd player, good gadgets"

Cons: "Bad turning Circle, need more cup holders/storage"

2002 35th Anniversary Mercury Cougar

"The last of the Mohicans!! I bought the car used in 2007 with 70000 miles on it, in 2014 has 120000 miles. Today for reasons of economics, I am restoring the transmission, oil leaks and check engine lights for about $2400. Why,? Because the car was well kept, never garaged, but still looks like a 3 year old car even though it is 12 years old !! I still get compliments on the cars appearance. I put fake chrome on it and ' 67 Cougar Emblems on it ! My idea looks better than what Ford's ''better idea" was, especially when it is supposed to be celebrating the anniversary of an old muscle car!! When it's working well, it's fun to drive with the exception of a too wide turning circle. Inside it lacks more compartments for storage but the lift back trunk can get a 2x4 in it as well as an old boxy 32inch TV. I hope someday it will be worth more, because it's too good to be parted out!!!"

2002 35th Anniversary Mercury Cougar

I bought drove and owned this car from 2001-2013

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Reason: 14 years old and wanted something different

Pros: "sleek, fast, xcellent gas mieage, responsive"

Cons: "no heated seats, expensive to repair (labor)"

"Loved this car and cared for it that it still appeared new at the age of 14. No problems except the moon roof quit on me and was told it would be in excess of $1500 to fix a (basically) $2.00 part because the whole roof would have to come off to replace a little plastic roller. Then at 90,000 mi the ABS went out. I faced alot of expensive repairs at 90,000 miles, but the cosmetic aspects and mechanical aspects of this car remained stellar. It was garaged 100% and rarely, if at all driven durring winter months."

This was my first car ever!

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "easy to drive, open trunk"

Cons: "small, compact, 1 drink holder"

"This car has been recalled and I have had many troubles with this being my first car. I've replaced the battery, tires, windshield wipers, changed the multi disk changer to a single disc changer, changed the cd/cassette tape player to a regular cd player, replaced alternator, replaced whole a/c system, recently replaced flywheel, replaced starter twice, replaced oil, spark plugs/wires, replaced oil and oil filter, also replaced fuel and fuel filter.But with everything I've replaced and had fixed. The car runs great now! I just want a new and bigger car!"

This was my first car ever!

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "easy to drive, open trunk"

Cons: "small, compact, 1 drink holder"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercury Cougar near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for